C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clock Reset?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Antithesis
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Clock Reset?

I have a month old GS that's a daily driver. Twice now I have come out after work to find the clock on the radio reset. Besides that, nothing else has been amiss and no suggestion of a failing battery. It's a 2LT with the base stereo. Has anybody else experienced this or have any explanation as to possible causes? I appreciate any info.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never heard of anything like that. And your radio station pre-sets are not affected?

When I've disconnected my battery, the clock is not affected. So I doubt it's a battery issue.

Maybe someone is just messing with you... jealous co-worker? Hopefully it's nothing more than a harmless prank.

BTW, congrats on the new GS!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 AM
RixRedC6
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Are you using different fobs on different days? When I first got my C6, I noticed the clock was still on DST. But then the next time I drove it, the time was right. The next day messed up again. This went on for a week or so until I decided I'm fob #1 and my g/f is fob #2. It finally dawned on me a couple of days later that #2 had the time set correctly and #1 was an hour behind. Once I figured that out, all was good with the world again. Best wishes.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
WMark
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by RixRedC6
Are you using different fobs on different days? When I first got my C6, I noticed the clock was still on DST. But then the next time I drove it, the time was right. The next day messed up again. This went on for a week or so until I decided I'm fob #1 and my g/f is fob #2. It finally dawned on me a couple of days later that #2 had the time set correctly and #1 was an hour behind. Once I figured that out, all was good with the world again. Best wishes.
We haven't set my wife's fob yet. On a road trip she kicked her purse up the floor. Fob must have went off. Changed all the settings! Time was East Coast, and all the stations changed.

Also, if by accident hit #2 driver, vs. #1, your world changes!!

I must say, that some strange things, I can't explain, happen when you have both fobs in the car. Sunday, I hit the cruise control "on" and the car moved from Driver One to Driver Two. Go figure...

Old 06-18-2010, 12:21 AM
mgtr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RixRedC6
Wow! Great detecting! Is your last name Monk?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Rebel 1
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Antithesis
I have a month old GS that's a daily driver. Twice now I have come out after work to find the clock on the radio reset. Besides that, nothing else has been amiss and no suggestion of a failing battery. It's a 2LT with the base stereo. Has anybody else experienced this or have any explanation as to possible causes? I appreciate any info.
We bought our '09 new last year with the base stereo and in the first month, we had a few radio gremlins which included the clock. Dealer checked it then replaced it and we have had no further problems.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Antithesis
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. Good call with the fob issue, I hadn't thought of that, but the #2 fob hasn't been near the car since I bought it, so that shouldn't be the problem. Nobody else has access to the car so I know the clock isn't being changed manually. It's just a bizarre problem and it keeps happening.

I guess on the bright side this gives me an excuse for being late to work! If I get it figured out I will post an update, in case anybody else is running into the same problem.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

"Mr Monk and the haunted Corvette"
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM
bigpapakus
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing. I have a 2007 non bose and on occasion my radio resets back to 12. This just started a couple weeks ago. It is more than likely a battery getting weak. I am going to try this and you probably can too. Turn car on and look at the time before you crank it and then after you crank. If it goes back to 12 after crank then I would say battery.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by WMark
We haven't set my wife's fob yet. On a road trip she kicked her purse up the floor. Fob must have went off. Changed all the settings! Time was East Coast, and all the stations changed.

Also, if by accident hit #2 driver, vs. #1, your world changes!!

I must say, that some strange things, I can't explain, happen when you have both fobs in the car. Sunday, I hit the cruise control "on" and the car moved from Driver One to Driver Two. Go figure...

If Driver Two is your wife, did the car all of a sudden start driving crazy and yelling at other drivers??

Get notified of new replies

To Clock Reset?

Quick Reply: Clock Reset?