C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Insulation Kit Sale: 20% Off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last day - C6 Insulation Kit Sale: 20% Off!!!

Thanks everyone for their orders!! ALL ORDERS HAVE SHIPPED, and most everyone should have received their kit by now.

Now, I wanted to announce a special sale we have running now through July 15th, (changed to July 18th) in conjunction with our return and the great response we have had from the Bloomington Gold Show.

2010 Bloomington Gold Pricing

In celebration of our success at Bloomington Gold, we have decided to run a "MADVETTE BLOOMINGTON GOLD SALE".

The sale is for the C6 Insulation Kits, and it is 20% off.

The MadVette C6 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate (no more worries about baking items in your center console) and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.
Other kits on the market provide a similar product, but do not provide pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be present in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C6 Corvette.
Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3.5 lbs., for those who are weight conscious, it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and knocks off 19db of sound and road noise!!!
It is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & clearly labeled for your convenience.
It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!! A must if you have an aftermarket exhaust and/or headers.
Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C6!!!

This applies to every order placed from 8pm CST Thurs. July 1, 2010 thru Thurs. July 18 at 12 midnight CST.

All items will ship beginning Friday, July 2nd, and will ship through the next 2 weeks, in the order which they were placed.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Here are some pictures showing how to use the coupon code "bloomington":

Original Price

INSERT COUPON CODE "bloomington" and HIT APPLY

THIS SALE IS GOOD THROUGH 12 MIDNIGHT ON July 18th, 2010!!! COUPON CODE WILL NOT BE VALID AFTER THAT TIME!!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 07-18-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt
Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Evening bump.....

Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
Thanks everyone for their orders!! ALL ORDERS HAVE SHIPPED, and most everyone should have received their kit by now.

Now, I wanted to announce a special sale we have running now through July 15th, in conjunction with our return and the great response we have had from the Bloomington Gold Show.

In celebration of our success at Bloomington Gold, we have decided to run a "MADVETTE BLOOMINGTON GOLD SALE".

The MadVette C6 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate (no more worries about baking items in your center console) and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.
Other kits on the market provide a similar product, but do not provide pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be present in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C6 Corvette.
Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3.5 lbs., for those who are weight conscious, it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and knocks off 19db of sound and road noise!!!
It is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & clearly labeled for your convenience.
It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!! A must if you have an aftermarket exhaust and/or headers.
Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C6!!!

This applies to every order placed from 8pm CST Thurs. July 1, 2010 thru Thurs. July 15 at 12 midnight CST.

All items will ship beginning Friday, July 2nd, and will ship through the next 2 weeks, in the order which they were placed.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Original Price

THIS SALE IS GOOD THROUGH 12 MIDNIGHT ON July 15th, 2010!!! COUPON CODE WILL NOT BE VALID AFTER THAT TIME!!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Ratchet Thunderbolt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and knocks off 19db of sound and road noise!!!

Said this before and I'll say it again. I don't believe for a second your product reduces interior cabin noise that much. Show me some test results. I do believe that it might make the car somewhat quieter but 19db, no way. 20db is a factor of 10 you're telling me your product makes the car 10 times quieter?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know the exact noise reduction, but after my insulation install, my wife stopped complaining about the exhaust sound from the headers and Corsa Xtremes I have, which, btw, is music to my ears. For her to say that she was finally able to enjoy riding in the car again is good enough for me.

A lot of folks point out how hot the center console gets. I never thought it really got terribly hot, but the console is cooler with the insulation also.

All I can recommend is, since it is not a very expensive mod to begin with, even a small improvement in noise reduction and heat/cold insulation is well worth it.

Last edited by RadarP3C; 07-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
OhNiner
Race Director

I like how it works in my car, I can't say how much it reduced cabin noise, but my radio is enjoyed now at a lower volume.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:25 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ratchet Thunderbolt
and knocks off 19db of sound and road noise!!!

Said this before and I'll say it again. I don't believe for a second your product reduces interior cabin noise that much. Show me some test results. I do believe that it might make the car somewhat quieter but 19db, no way. 20db is a factor of 10 you're telling me your product makes the car 10 times quieter?
No offense, you can believe what you'd like, but unless you have ordered a kit, and it didn't work for you (which has not happened to any customer to date yet...), all your beliefs are unfounded.

I've said it before as well, and will say it again here (since you brought it up again...) The 19db is the IRAM certification test results the manufacturer did with 1 layer of material at 50hz. My customers have driven in from out of state, with a decibel meter, and after installing the kit, measured a 10-11 db drop in their Corvette.

The only way you will know the proof is to order it, and if you don't like it, rip it back out, send it back, and I will give you your money back. The proof is in the pudding, as they say... Simple as that.

It makes a huge difference in the road noise, virtually eliminates the drone from an aftermarket exhaust, and combined with other material such as Dynamat, Second Skin, or Hushmat, the noise level is dropped even more. The heat is cut down quite substantially as well, and makes a huge difference in the overall cooling of the car.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:54 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Also, here is a picture of the material, as well as the manufacturer specs on the material. Hope this helps answer any questions you have:

It has 5 layers, and though it is rated at a 19db drop in noise, I have tested it in the Vettes at 8-11 db. reduction. Here are some manufacturer specs on it:

Characteristics | Value | Regulation
Cell Structure: Closed
Nominal Thickness: 5 mm (+ or - 0.5mm)
Steam Permeability: 0.033 gr/m2hkPa ASTM E-96
Noise Insulation: 19dBA IRAM 4063 at 50hz
Flame Spread Index/Class: 25 or less/ "A" - Class 1 0 ASTM E-84
Smoke Index/Class: 450 or less/ "A" - Class 1 15 ASTM E-84

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
closed-cell Polyethylene foam
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Morning bump...

Now, I wanted to announce a special sale we have running now through July 15th, in conjunction with our return and the great response we have had from the Bloomington Gold Show.

This applies to every order placed from 8pm CST Thurs. July 1, 2010 thru Thurs. July 15 at 12 midnight CST.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Original Price

THIS SALE IS GOOD THROUGH 12 MIDNIGHT ON July 15th, 2010!!! COUPON CODE WILL NOT BE VALID AFTER THAT TIME!!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Default Thank you

Thanks everyone for all the orders so far!

The response has been great....

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Original Price

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
poulosd
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Just placed my order. I have been thinking about this mod for quite some time, but a little apprehensive about taking apart the interior. I would like to reduce both the heat and the road noise and finally thought what the heck and will give it a try.....
Old 07-05-2010, 10:06 PM
a17mike
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14,’18

Placed my order. Anxious to see how well it works.

Mike

Old 07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
mgtr
Pro

I see no mention of price. As best I can tell, the price must be around $300. Is this in the ball park?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by poulosd
Just placed my order. I have been thinking about this mod for quite some time, but a little apprehensive about taking apart the interior. I would like to reduce both the heat and the road noise and finally thought what the heck and will give it a try.....
Thanks for the order!

If you're in the area, we can do the install.

Tim
Old 07-05-2010, 10:29 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by a17mike
Placed my order. Anxious to see how well it works.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks and you won't be disappointed.

Tim
Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mgtr
I see no mention of price. As best I can tell, the price must be around $300. Is this in the ball park?
Maybe we should raise the price a little.....

But, no, $300.00 is not in the ballpark. Price is $185.00 and take another 20% off (using coupon code "bloomington") for a discounted price of $148.00 plus shipping.

You can order at http://cca.madvettemotorsports.com/s...ct_detail&p=99

Tim

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 07-05-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 AM
ragbagvette
5th Gear

3 weeks ago I had Madvette Motorsports insulation kit installed and it most definitely eliminated the reverberation I was getting from my Basanni Exhaust system. I still hear the exhaust (which I like) but dont get the reverberation inside like before.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Insulation Kit Sale: 20% Off!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 PM
t.borries
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is labor for an install and how long does it take?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:19 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by t.borries
How much is labor for an install and how long does it take?

Hi Tom,

The labor cost is $200.00 and the install time for a coupe is 4 to 5 hours and the vert takes 5 to 6 hours.

Please give us about a two week lead time to schedule your car.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Morning bump...

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Original Price

CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Quick Reply: C6 Insulation Kit Sale: 20% Off!!!