C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vert Top Problem...and Solution

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 11:27 AM
vam
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tonneau Actuator Latch PN

The local dealer just fixed my 2009 tonneau for $602! They charged me $414.78 for the part. Part name is "AC Delco Actuator pn25809368". I found out afterwards that Walmart has the same part for $155, and $189 at Frugalmechanic.com

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
I am having the same problem. Do you know what the part number is? and how much does it cost?

Thanks,
Charley
Old 11-25-2015, 10:11 AM
TexasRoadBurner
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vegasjones
Just in case anyone has this problem. My Vert power top was getting jammed with the tonneau cover. The tonneau cover would lift and then drop back to the point where the roof would jam because it was catching on the tonneau cover. Well after taking it to the dealer, and about $350, they ended up replacing the tonneau cover latch which I guess has a sensor that tells the tonneau cover when to raise and when to lower. So if any of you has a problem with this and you dont want to take it to the dealer you may look in to that first. Just thought this might help.
I had/have the same problem. What I do when raising or lower the top, is mid way through the process, I reach back, grab the lower part of the window and it pull forward. That way the tonneau clears the rubber seal around the window which is what the tonneau is catching on. I know, it's not a solution, but it does provide the (albiet white trash) solution to the issue. WATCH YOUR FINGERS THOUGH AND DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
The following users liked this post:
owc6 (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 11:00 PM
LedZepper
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup, same with mine ^^^

But I don't stop the mechanism; I just pull the top forward so the tonneau clears and it hasn't caught my fingers once. Just part of my daily ritual.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:17 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,192 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Mine just started doing this.

I'm obviously out of warranty, and spending a bunch of money on a car that isn't worth much now, and even less tomorrow, seems silly. I just pull the window away from the tonneau when closing.

Problem solved.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:07 PM
LedZepper
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Mine just started doing this.

I'm obviously out of warranty, and spending a bunch of money on a car that isn't worth much now, and even less tomorrow, seems silly. I just pull the window away from the tonneau when closing.

Problem solved.
She's still a pretty car. And she has tremendous sentimental value.
The following users liked this post:
owc6 (11-26-2015)

Quick Reply: Power Vert Top Problem...and Solution