C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa "Touring" Installed..long

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 870 Likes on 398 Posts

Default Corsa "Touring" Installed..long

Quick background..this is my 3rd C6 and 4th attempt at finding an exhaust system to replace the factory stock (non NPP). All cars were manual 6 speeds. First was a GM GCA Performance (Borla Toruing) zero change from stock. Second was Flowmatster American Thunder, good old school sound and acceptable drone, but poor fit and after being welded and adjusted several times still did not fit right hitting the trans or frame. Last set was GM GCA Agressive Off-Road (Borla Stingers). Great sound outside (lots of compliments) but had completely intolerable drone inside. The headache ear splitting kind.

On my "new' '08 I wanted the exhaust note to be clearly louder than stock with a low mellow tone and no drone/resonance when going up hills or cruising. No loud and obnoxious and no high pitch snap, crackle & pop. I found a new set of Corsa Touring with single 4" Pro tips on e-bay for $1,389. After reading and talking with people (hard to listen to them as not many owners have them) I purchased them and had them installed last Friday. HALLELUJAH finally got the sound I was after

I'm sure some would say they are way too quiet but they are perfect for my car. Louder and deeper at idle with no motor boat drone and a nice growl that stays outside and behind you on acceleration. There is just the right amount of burbling and popping on decel but it wouldn't be confused with loud backfiring.

Anyone looking to go louder than stock but doesn't want a new Vette to sound like a 60's big block truck, Donzi or Euro super car should give these a listen. It should have sounded like this from the factory. I'm technology challeneged so no sound clips, (also, I've found Youtube and other sound clips never accurately reproduce the sound of any exhaust system including stock). I had the mufflers installed deeper under the rear facia to get the tips to splay outward slightly lined up with the inner edges of the black diffuser for a different look. I'm sure not to everyones taste but I like it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-06-2010, 08:30 PM
spinalator
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I have on my 07 Vert and I too love them. I also had the sport exhaust and flowmasters with headers on other vetts but I'm getting older and wanted something more mellow.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Looks really good
Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

looks good I have the corsa sport on my convertable and I think it is perfect for what I want as well
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,252 Likes on 916 Posts

As many of us will tell you, there is no way to get a C-6 to ever sound like a mid sixties C-2 with side exhaust. Many have tried and we have all failed. All exhausts have trade offs, exhaust note, drone, loudness and looks. It is what ever works for you that is important. Corsa and Borla seem to be the two favorites here on the Forum.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
As many of us will tell you, there is no way to get a C-6 to ever sound like a mid sixties C-2 with side exhaust. Many have tried and we have all failed. All exhausts have trade offs, exhaust note, drone, loudness and looks. It is what ever works for you that is important. Corsa and Borla seem to be the two favorites here on the Forum.
You're right. The firing order of the LS series engines is different than all of the small blocks that came before (1955-1996). That is the single biggest factor of why no one can duplicate or come close to the sound of the older Chevy/GM cars in a C5 or C6. Ford never changed their firing order which is why V8 Mustangs sound good right out of the box.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
kthomas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the corsa sport on my auto c6 a few weeks ago. Its the best sounding exhaust and absolutely zero drone inside.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 PM
TurboVR4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
Love my Corsa touring!

Had the sport, thought it was a bit too loud, so I "upgraded" to the touring version by buying the center piece.

Everyone compliments the sound.
Would converting from 'Sport' to 'Touring' replace the factory X-Pipe on my '09 with an H-Pipe? All the pictures I have seen of the touring conversion kit show an H-PIPE which I just don't understand since 08+ have factory X-Pipes now.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TurboVR4
Would converting from 'Sport' to 'Touring' replace the factory X-Pipe on my '09 with an H-Pipe? All the pictures I have seen of the touring conversion kit show an H-PIPE which I just don't understand since 08+ have factory X-Pipes now.
Here is a pic of the touring conversion kit. I have seen them on this forum in the C6 parts for sale section and E-bay. The resonators go on after the cats, before the h-pipe.

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/c65004/C6EXH/...+C6+14162.html
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,068 Likes on 592 Posts

I just bought a used Sport exhaust with the X pipe. I'll probably put them on next week and let you guys know how they sound on my A6... If "momma's happy, everybody's happy". That's the key!

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa "Touring" Installed..long

Quick Reply: Corsa "Touring" Installed..long