C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cashmere leather dye?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
kyle0k
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cashmere leather dye?

Hi everyone,
I was looking at my seats the other day and they just arent as fresh as they used to be. They are a lil worn and have small surface scratches here and there. Now I know that no leather comes in cashmere color and its all painted/dye'd. So is there a dye or paint I could buy to try and fix small areas of my cashmere interior?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Default ECkler's

http://www.ecklers.com/catalogsearch...q=interior+dye

Corvette Interior Dye Spray, Leather/Vinyl, Cashmere, 2005-2009 Part # 53733

About $17 for a 12 oz rattle can . . .
Old 07-30-2010, 03:17 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

You're fortunate they offer the cashmere-anyone seen the cobalt red for a C6? Mine could use just a bit of touchup as well. I've used these dyes on my '84 with good results.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:47 PM
kyle0k
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thank you so much. Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Am I going to need the "primer" that is mentioned in the description? Also how do I go about applying this?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
DriverC6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trivette
You're fortunate they offer the cashmere-anyone seen the cobalt red for a C6? Mine could use just a bit of touchup as well. I've used these dyes on my '84 with good results.
I'd like to find the Cobalt Red too.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle0k
Wow, thank you so much. Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Am I going to need the "primer" that is mentioned in the description? Also how do I go about applying this?
Hey Kyle-- Hope you've been well - - your realtor says 'hello' !

I think it depends upon whether you're trying to cover a large panel or do a color change - -I think I'd be inclined to use something as a cleaner to get the oil off the leather and then try a small masked-off area. I used something similar on my SL to touch up the side bolster that my butt hit getting in/out and I just gave it a light spray - - it covered pretty well.

Try using some good leather cleaner/reconditioner on the other areas and then a good treatment like Meguiers - - -it can really perk it back up . . .

Rollie
Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 701 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
Originally Posted by DriverC6
I'd like to find the Cobalt Red too.
i've had a project in mind that requires cobalt red interior dye. my local automotive paint store can custom mix SEM interior dye for about $50/pint. too high, and i'm too cheap for that. i saw the display rack of rattle-can SEM interior paints, and the standard "portola red" (#15363) looked pretty close. i took a $15 gamble and bought a can. i popped off a red plastic cap under my console lid, and ran a piece of masking tape across the center and painted half of the part. my initial result is, SEM portola red is, FWIW, as close as you're going to get. i'll post further, color match" results as my project continues...

remember, take this FWIW, test your own pieces/parts, and i hope this helps anyone looking for cobalt red interior paint.

Last edited by Joe C; 10-22-2010 at 08:34 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Cashmere leather dye?

Quick Reply: Cashmere leather dye?