C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had new SMC roof panel installed need to find PI# PIC4175

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
jvesalga
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had new SMC roof panel installed need to find PI# PIC4175

Had my new recall roof panel installed on my 07 yesterday. It sits low and the windows jam up in the top of the roof panel. Called the dealer and they said there is no adjustment and said they would need to re-program the windows to not go up as far. Does anyone have the link to the recall note PIC4175 (partially attached) to dealers on adjusting the panel? Looking for more info on adjusting and I am not sure if 4175 deals with it or broken corners.

When installing a new SMC roof it may sit lower in the opening at the windshield header. Raising the front latch receiver by 1.5 to 2.0 mm will improve this fit issue. If additional fit concerns are found please contact GM Technical Assistance. Packaging issues that caused roofs to arrive at dealerships with broken corners has been address and corrected at SPO. This information is contained in PI# PIC4175
Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
lawnmore
Racer

Originally Posted by jvesalga
Had my new recall roof panel installed on my 07 yesterday. It sits low and the windows jam up in the top of the roof panel. Called the dealer and they said there is no adjustment and said they would need to re-program the windows to not go up as far. Does anyone have the link to the recall note PIC4175 (partially attached) to dealers on adjusting the panel? Looking for more info on adjusting and I am not sure if 4175 deals with it or broken corners.

When installing a new SMC roof it may sit lower in the opening at the windshield header. Raising the front latch receiver by 1.5 to 2.0 mm will improve this fit issue. If additional fit concerns are found please contact GM Technical Assistance. Packaging issues that caused roofs to arrive at dealerships with broken corners has been address and corrected at SPO. This information is contained in PI# PIC4175
How was your paint match??? any other issues? Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
jvesalga
Racer

Paint match was just fine, even with the new water bourne base coat.

Just can't close the doors with the windows all the way up.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by jvesalga
Paint match was just fine, even with the new water bourne base coat.

Just can't close the doors with the windows all the way up.
Did you re-index the windows?

Drop them both down all the way, then back up. Release levers. Pull both levers back (up) and hold for 5 seconds, release. Repeat the last sentence twice more, I think.

Now when you pop the door it should first drop then the door open.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
jvesalga
Racer

Thanks yes I re-indexed the windows several times.

Although I am not an expert, my understanding of the index is that it will set the window down at a level to where the door will open without the glass touching the moulding. But it will not change the height of the glass when fully up.

In this case since the roof is set low, when I put the windows up (door closed) they roll up to the point where the original roof panel was set and it puts pressure on the new panel attempting to push it up off the car. I can see the roof lifting which also puts pressure on the posts, windshield even the inner door panel is bending. On another thread I read that this chipped the top of that members glass and he tried re-indexing a number of times before finding someone who could actually adjust the roof.

The downward indexing when opening the door works fine. These roofs of ours have adjustments in the latches to allow a reasonable fit to each vehicle without the binding. Just looking for all I can find right now to convince my dealer.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM
jvesalga
Racer

After I posted this thread on corvetteforum, I wrote to GM and asked them how to fix my window/roof concern. I received a reply a little while ago and thought I would share as my search of the roof alignment issue seems to extend to other folks as well.

I sent your email to our Corvette Brand Manager. He is the person to assist dealerships whenever they have a repair issue they can't resolve. Here is his exact statement he emailed to me:

"Lynn: The front of the rood is adjusted by moving the receiver brackets up or down. There is about 5 mm of up and down adjustment. The rears are adjustable by removing the inner halo trim and then the tail pins go into a receiver that can be moved in-out up or down. The front of the roof should be flush to slightly (1mm-2mm) below the windshield header. If the roof is set higher than the windshield there will be a large wind noise complaint. The rears should be adjusted to where the rear of the roof is just slightly higher than the roof bow."

I hope this information helps. If not, please let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Had new SMC roof panel installed need to find PI# PIC4175

Quick Reply: Had new SMC roof panel installed need to find PI# PIC4175