C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic window gapping system not working...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:44 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Automatic window gapping system not working...

My wife's 07 Corvette with only 2,800 miles has a problem with the automatic window open/close system when the door is shut. This just came up and the passenger window is completely dead. The drivers window goes down the standard 1/2 inch when the door is open, but does not return to the up position when the door is closed.

Has anyone experienced this problem or does anyone have any ideas???

(The car was parked out doors today in 100 degrees heat, could this possibly be an over heated relay switch?)

Thanks, any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:51 AM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackRocket
My wife's 07 Corvette with only 2,800 miles has a problem with the automatic window open/close system when the door is shut. This just came up and the passenger window is completely dead. The drivers window goes down the standard 1/2 inch when the door is open, but does not return to the up position when the door is closed.

Has anyone experienced this problem or does anyone have any ideas???

(The car was parked out doors today in 100 degrees heat, could this possibly be an over heated relay switch?)

Thanks, any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
The windows probably just need to be re-indexed. Instructions are in the manual. Takes just a few seconds. Just involves holding the switch in the "up" position for a few seconds.

I have had to do it after unhooking my battery for car indoor shows.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Resetting the window indexing on the driver's side.

Close the car door. Raise the window and hold the up switch an extra 3 seconds. Release. Without lowering the window, hold the up switch again for 3 seconds. Release. Done.

This is called resetting of the window indexing or power window initialize and is in the owner's manual. See page 2-17 of the 2005 owner’s manual, page 2-18 of the 2006 owner’s manual, page 87 of the 2007 owner’s manual, page 2-18 of the 2008 owner’s manual, page 2-18 of the 2009 owner's manual, ,or page 3-18 of the 2010 owner's manual. -JFP
Can't help on the passenger's side window. Might have to involve the dealership. Others here might offer suggestions.

Get notified of new replies

To Automatic window gapping system not working...

Quick Reply: Automatic window gapping system not working...