C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0W 30 Mobil 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Must not be a GM dealer to have requested Universal ATF and not Dexron VI.
5 gallons for a flush when the only flush that can be done is on the cooler that only holds about a half quart? Even a pan removal only takes 6.5 quarts. Somebody is fooling you into giving them something for free.
It was Chev. forum dealer on here and I watched the whole process. This is for an A-4 Automatic Drop the pan, changed filter evac. old fluid for new fluid.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:08 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by LS WON
It was Chev. forum dealer on here and I watched the whole process. This is for an A-4 Automatic Drop the pan, changed filter evac. old fluid for new fluid.
Even with a pan removal and blowout of the cooler lines they only used 8 quarts max. Did they give you the extra 3 gallons back?

None of the 3 GM dealers I frequent, will allow the customer to bring in non-GM parts for a car that's still under warranty. If they are doing warranty work, they are only allowed to use parts that are documented to be from their inventory. I suspect for cars such as your's out of warranty, that they don't have the same concerns.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Even with a pan removal and blowout of the cooler lines they only used 8 quarts max. Did they give you the extra 3 gallons back?

None of the 3 GM dealers I frequent, will allow the customer to bring in non-GM parts for a car that's still under warranty. If they are doing warranty work, they are only allowed to use parts that are documented to be from their inventory. I suspect for cars such as your's out of warranty, that they don't have the same concerns.
GMPP extended but dealership is also an Amsoil dealer. Capacity on auto trans is alot. They used machine that flushes out old and puts in new.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
greengo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GOLD72
That must be one really big jug!! J/K. Of course you mean 5 quart jug.
I love the really big JUGS!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
6667vette
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts

OOOPS I REPLIED TO THE WRONG THREAD BUT I can't believe some of issues discussed in this forum. Want advanage could there be in using MOBIL1 0-30 oil ? Maybe at the North Pole. Better gas mileage ( how much 1,2,3,4 miles per gallon ), quicker starts ( a 10th of a second ) ? I like the quote I have never have any problems. You could be doing significant engine damage to your bearings, cyclinder walls and valve train and never know it. Did you ever think the GM engineers would have suggest a lower viscosity oil if it would give you better gas mileage, faster starts and long term internal component protection ? If gas mileage is an issue drive slower in 6th gear like you had an egg under the gas pedal. You will be impressed.

Last edited by 6667vette; 10-20-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Replied to the wrong thread
Old 10-21-2010, 12:44 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 6667vette
OOOPS I REPLIED TO THE WRONG THREAD BUT I can't believe some of issues discussed in this forum. Want advanage could there be in using MOBIL1 0-30 oil ? Maybe at the North Pole. Better gas mileage ( how much 1,2,3,4 miles per gallon ), quicker starts ( a 10th of a second ) ? I like the quote I have never have any problems. You could be doing significant engine damage to your bearings, cyclinder walls and valve train and never know it. Did you ever think the GM engineers would have suggest a lower viscosity oil if it would give you better gas mileage, faster starts and long term internal component protection ? If gas mileage is an issue drive slower in 6th gear like you had an egg under the gas pedal. You will be impressed.
The thing that concerns me is that usually it's best to warm the car up while gradually moving going slow then increasing speed as it warms but the problem with this in highly populated areas we get A holes who ride your bumper. There car maybe already warmed up or maybe not because they really don't care or take good care of their cars anyway. In this case I would think the 0 viscosity would be an advantage over the 5W but by how much and how much of a difference it would be remains to be seen.

Quick Reply: 0W 30 Mobil 1