C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Bluetooth & IPhone connection issues

Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
JetskiMobile1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Bluetooth & IPhone connection issues

has anyone had issues with their Iphone connecting to their bluetooth intermittently? I have the phone connected and it works as it should. Sometimes when I get in the car the phone is not detected. I can go into the bluetooth on the phone and actuivate the search feature and it will then connect and work as it should. This is a very intermittent problem. Sometimes it will connect with no problem. he phone is a I-Phone 3GS. I have also updated to the 4.0 software and still ahve the issue. It is in an 09 Z06 if that makes a difference.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
jbain1
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '10

My Iphone 4 and previous 3gs both work flawlessly. Never have had an issue with either.

Joe
Old 10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I have the exact same issue with my iPhone4 in 3 different cars. While I don't have the factory BT in my vette I do have an aftermarket Kenwood HU w/BT. I also have a Ford Sync in one car and another car with another Kenwood and they all have the same issue. Sometimes the iPhone 4 will connect when entering the vehicle and sometimes it won't. On my Sync system it typically connects initially but will drop after a few minutes. I never had this issue with my Blackberry Tour so I'm betting it's an iPhone issue and not your factory BT.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Dial In Corvette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 09 c6 with bluetooth and an Iphone 3g not 3gs.
My bluetooth has worked perfectly since getting the car
5 months ago.

Gary
Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Monts
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Bluetooth connection is fine. It is the interface for voice actuated calls that is somewhat arduous. You should be able to press the button on the steering wheel and say "call John Smith".

Unfortunately, after the button is pressed, One must need to do verbal gymnastics to get a call out.

For those with the factory Bluetooth, you know what I mean.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 AM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by JetskiMobile1
has anyone had issues with their Iphone connecting to their bluetooth intermittently? I have the phone connected and it works as it should. Sometimes when I get in the car the phone is not detected. I can go into the bluetooth on the phone and actuivate the search feature and it will then connect and work as it should. This is a very intermittent problem. Sometimes it will connect with no problem. he phone is a I-Phone 3GS. I have also updated to the 4.0 software and still ahve the issue. It is in an 09 Z06 if that makes a difference.
tricky to get the settings and user working it right. I know both bad stories from me. Once it sets up and you enter the key code it should stay active forever. i tend to hit the answer button on my iphone and instead of the steering wheel control,,, sometimes if i do that igoes right the hpone mode and kicks the car out of the loop. Now when i get a call if it over the speakers in answer with the voice button. play with vit youlle get it tracred down.p
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have any other devices the phone might be searching for?
My bberry sometimes gets stuck looking for my Plantronics head set.
Other times it is sluggish finding the GM signal, so I just hit the call button on the steering wheel and it recognizes it right away.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
JetskiMobile1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Monts
The Bluetooth connection is fine. It is the interface for voice actuated calls that is somewhat arduous. You should be able to press the button on the steering wheel and say "call John Smith".

Unfortunately, after the button is pressed, One must need to do verbal gymnastics to get a call out.

No, it is the connection to the Bluetooth. I press the button on the steering wheel, Tell it to call and then it says "Placing the call using On-Star" It does not see my phone. I look at my I-Phone and it does not show being connected to GM. I then press on the GM selection and it searches and then connects. It will work fine until at some point I get back in the car and it doesnt reconnect. This is the only bluetooth device I have the phone connecting to so it isnt looking for other devices and getting confused either.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

The issues y'all are describing, are confounding and are not only plagueing you, but other iPhone and Bluetooth devices after 4.0 and 4.1.

I jut returned a new jawbone icon because it kept dropping the connect from the iPhone4.

Went back to my plantronics, and now it too is dropping the Bluetooth connect intermittently.

Do some reading up about. Bluetooth connection issues with the later ios software.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 AM
JetskiMobile1
Intermediate

My phone is a 3GS and it dropped before I upgraded to the 4.0 software. I was hoping the softwar eupdate would correct it but hasnt.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM
mforman42
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works fine as advertised in my '09 Z06 with iPhone 3G and 4.0 software. I press the button and hold until it says 'ready', then proceed. Same to answer a call, you must hold the button until it mutes the radio. Maybe that will help you, or maybe not...

Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Monts
Pro

Originally Posted by mforman42
Mine works fine as advertised in my '09 Z06 with iPhone 3G and 4.0 software. I press the button and hold until it says 'ready', then proceed. Same to answer a call, you must hold the button until it mutes the radio. Maybe that will help you, or maybe not...

Once you hear "ready" are you able to say "call Joe Smith" and have your call connected? I don't think so.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From all I've heard so far it seems like i phones are great devices for all other functions but kinda lousy phones. Hope your problem is solved soon.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
mforman42
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you hear "ready" are you able to say "call Joe Smith" and have your call connected? I don't think so.
I actually say 'call', it responds 'name tag', and then I give the 'John Smith'... It also works with 'dial' for number dialing.

Could it be that there are more variables than just the iPhone, C6 combo???
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM
ALD_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try to delete the Bluetooth device and then re-pair it to the car.

Worked for me on my 2011 Camaro.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:46 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

I have issues with those on the other end hearing me in the Vette, I hear them very good through the stereo, so I went back to my Plantronics and this is with both the 3G and now my 4G, any fixes here
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM
diverdan
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine has worked without issue on a 3GS with iOS 3, 4.0, and 4.1 and now works without issue on my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Dial In Corvette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well it figures after I post saying something was working perfect that
it would have to make a liar out of me. Went out in the car yesterday
and went to make a call and it would not go thru the iphone. Went thru the bluetooth stuff and it was all good. Went to the phone and it had kinda stalled. Showed to be trying to connect but not getting anywhere. Finally shut down the iphone and rebooted and all was normal. Definitely appeared to be a problem with the phone and not the car.
Gary
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Monts
Pro

Originally Posted by mforman42
I actually say 'call', it responds 'name tag', and then I give the 'John Smith'... It also works with 'dial' for number dialing.

Could it be that there are more variables than just the iPhone, C6 combo???
If you use your cell phones "address" book the system is somewhat cumbersome. You must be using the Corvettes built-in phone book that requires each number to be separately programed into the car.

Most would prefer using all the numbers already programmed in their cell phone.

Get notified of new replies

To 09 Bluetooth & IPhone connection issues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 Bluetooth & IPhone connection issues