C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate Dropping the car at the dealer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:29 PM
bruno06
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 76 Posts

Just got mine back from Performance Auto in Malvern, PA. Not a dealer but an independant service shop. They work on all types of performance cars. They did my wheels, tires, brakes, calipers, rotors, brake lines, alignment and installed some aftermarket items. Car was completed on time, washed and wheels dressed. My old rims, tires, and wheel nuts were bagged and boxed up for return. All old parts were lined up on the bench for me to review and decide if I wanted back or not.

It was a pleasant surprise and I would definitely go back there. It will just be a while because now I am broke
Old 10-23-2010, 06:41 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
I do. I usually give the tech a little something for lunch and tell him please treat the car as though it was his. It helps.

When I had the handles changed on the roof, I brought a blanket with me. All I could think about was the top, painted side down, on a dirty workbench.

I gave the blanket to the tech and did what I wrote above. As I was waiting for the car the tech came out and showed me the top on the blanket. I thanked him and went back and sat down. Got the car about 20 minutes later without even a fingerprint on the roof.

I had a different dealer crack my rocker panels and that was with jacking pucks. The only problem was they didn't use them. I had a feeling and decided to check on the car. I walked right into the service bay and there was the car on the lift with the pad on the panel. I still wonder till today if I didn't catch them in the act I would have gotten screwed. "We didn't do that". I wanted to tell the tech give me my tip money back.

Now I change it myself.

Yea it certainly can be a pain the a**. I just pray she holds up and never has to see the dealer
Sometimes you treat people nice and they screw you anyway.
The guy I caught blasting down the street in my car was their "head" Vette tech. I stupidly gave the little ***** a 20 and asked him to treat my car with kid gloves the first time I came in for a diagnosis.
When the part came in, $$ and kind words forgotten.

Quick Reply: Hate Dropping the car at the dealer!!!