C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTEX vs DelTran

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Oz's 59
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTEX vs DelTran

Just a question: I've been using three DelTran Battery Tenders for years now, what makes the CTEK battery chargers worth the extra money... are they any better and if so, how???

Last edited by Oz's 59; 11-13-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Good question, as I have also been using the Deltran Battery Tender and think it is great.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Deltran Battery Tender Plus for me. 10 yr warranty, Got mine 5 yrs so far no problems. Griots is also right up there with CTEK in price. I read members have gotten real cheap ones at Harbor Freight and have had no problems. Don't know the answer.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:09 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I like this one,

http://www.xtremechargers.com/

Smart, Safe And Simple Pulse Maintenance Charger

This innovative, state-of-the-art battery charger automatically knows what to do so you don’t have to be a battery expert to use it. Unlike other smart chargers on the market, you don’t need to select the battery type or the proper charge rate to avoid the risk of unsafe or improper charging.

There’s no guess work involved because fuse protected, reverse polarity protected, spark-proof Xtreme Charge® works on every type of 12-volt lead-acid battery. Proprietary algorithms combined with microprocessor controlled technology measure the batteries voltage and current to automatically determine and deliver the precise charge rate based on the size and condition of the individual battery, both initially and continuously throughout the 5-stage charge process.

Xtreme Charge is more than a battery charger and maintainer. During the maintenance cycle, PulseTech’s patented, optimized high frequency pulsing constantly works to minimize and reduce naturally occurring battery sulfation, the main cause of battery failures. By reducing the size and number of lead sulfate deposits inside your battery that negatively affect your batteries ability to accept, store and release energy, your battery will charge deeper, maintain greater reserve capacity, and last up to five times longer.

The Xtreme Charge is ideally suited for AGM and Maintenance-Free Batteries. The combination of PulseTech’s patented pulse technology and proprietary charging algorithm allows it to charge these high-performance batteries more fully while maintaining a safe charge profile for traditional batteries.

Includes fuse-protected quick-disconnect battery clamps and lugs, Important Safety Instructions and Quick-Start Guide. The Xtreme Charge is fuse-protected, spark-proof, and is UL and CE certified.

Last edited by timd38; 11-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Oz's 59
Instructor

Originally Posted by timd38
I like this one,

http://www.xtremechargers.com/

Smart, Safe And Simple Pulse Maintenance Charger

This innovative, state-of-the-art battery charger automatically knows what to do so you don’t have to be a battery expert to use it. Unlike other smart chargers on the market, you don’t need to select the battery type or the proper charge rate to avoid the risk of unsafe or improper charging.

There’s no guess work involved because fuse protected, reverse polarity protected, spark-proof Xtreme Charge® works on every type of 12-volt lead-acid battery. Proprietary algorithms combined with microprocessor controlled technology measure the batteries voltage and current to automatically determine and deliver the precise charge rate based on the size and condition of the individual battery, both initially and continuously throughout the 5-stage charge process.

Xtreme Charge is more than a battery charger and maintainer. During the maintenance cycle, PulseTech’s patented, optimized high frequency pulsing constantly works to minimize and reduce naturally occurring battery sulfation, the main cause of battery failures. By reducing the size and number of lead sulfate deposits inside your battery that negatively affect your batteries ability to accept, store and release energy, your battery will charge deeper, maintain greater reserve capacity, and last up to five times longer.

The Xtreme Charge is ideally suited for AGM and Maintenance-Free Batteries. The combination of PulseTech’s patented pulse technology and proprietary charging algorithm allows it to charge these high-performance batteries more fully while maintaining a safe charge profile for traditional batteries.

Includes fuse-protected quick-disconnect battery clamps and lugs, Important Safety Instructions and Quick-Start Guide. The Xtreme Charge is fuse-protected, spark-proof, and is UL and CE certified.
The DelTran does all this at half the price.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:36 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Oz's 59
The DelTran does all this at half the price.
I work for the largest manufacturer of batteries and this one our engineers recommend.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have two Ctek 3300's and like them for their desulphation circuitry. The other's mentioned here may have this too, but the Ctek's are tough little unit's. Will survive out in the rain/snow, a dunk in the lake, or even running over. Pretty important if you have lot's of toy's, as stuff happen's.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Oz's 59
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
I have two Ctek 3300's and like them for their desulphation circuitry. The other's mentioned here may have this too, but the Ctek's are tough little unit's. Will survive out in the rain/snow, a dunk in the lake, or even running over. Pretty important if you have lot's of toy's, as stuff happen's.
I have a DelTran that is "100% Waterproof" and has (does) everything the Ctek does, including being spark-proof & reverse polarity protected. It cost me $34 AND is made in the USA (Deland, Florida).

Get notified of new replies

To CTEX vs DelTran

Quick Reply: CTEX vs DelTran