C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose front bumper driving me nuts!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Dronski47
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loose front bumper driving me nuts!!

Hello to all. Im new to the forum but really like it alot. Ive noticed several people get great input on what to do with there vette's on here. So here is my situation. I recently bought this c6 in Nov. and at the time did not notice the gaps in between the headlights and front bumper. Now its driving me up a wall the driver side is not bad at all. Everything seems to fit there. Now for the passenger side different story. Im noticing now close to a 3/4 in gap. So any help on how to fix this or what could be causing it to sag would be greatly appreciated. Gonna try to get a better pic this weekend too

Thanks Drew
Old 12-30-2010, 05:02 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

I have been wondering about this as well.

Mine's not bad but if it could be made better...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your C6!!

I'm not seeing what you are asking about but if you're talking about the gasket around the headlight check this thread. If it isn't related to what you need come back and try to post better pics so we can see for sure what you are asking about.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...eadlights.html
Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

Looks as if there has been some frontal work on the car. I noticed the small piece of the nose cover (both sides) are sticking upward....the piece between the inside of the headlight and hood which bolts to the top of the front fender.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Is it a real Z06? What year? I'm just asking because of the color.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
op z
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 128 Posts

It looks like the previous owner put a Z06 bumper on your Z51. The fenders are not the same width as the Z06 so the fit will be less than perfect. There are a few threads on the forum showing similar issues with other owners who tried the same thing.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Dave Try to get a close up. It looks like I see a gap on the passenger side, but from the picture, it don't look bad. Private sale? Did you check the history? Still a great looking car and good luck with it. Check with your local Corvette Club. They could recommend a good body shop who could probably check it. If it is off, they might be able to close the gap.

Save it for the little guy. Have a Happy New Year.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 PM
St.Char
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

I'm familiar with this problem...I have adjusted mine personally. There 2 main bolts under the car that attach to the skid plate. Once you under there you can't miss them. These 2 blots are very unique because they can be adjusted to move forward or backward. They are the only 2 bolts like this. For the one on the right side of the car, if you move it forward it will raise the front bumper to fill the gap, pulling it backwards will increase the gap. I've removed my bumper several times and almost always have to adjust this 2 bolts before I'm satisfied.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by St.Char
I'm familiar with this problem...I have adjusted mine personally. There 2 main bolts under the car that attach to the skid plate. Once you under there you can't miss them. These 2 blots are very unique because they can be adjusted to move forward or backward. They are the only 2 bolts like this. For the one on the right side of the car, if you move it forward it will raise the front bumper to fill the gap, pulling it backwards will increase the gap. I've removed my bumper several times and almost always have to adjust this 2 bolts before I'm satisfied.
Thanks for this info. Very helpful.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

If it's a Z06 bumper on a C6 Z51 as your profile states it will never fit properly. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Dronski47
Instructor

Originally Posted by andy82
Is it a real Z06? What year? I'm just asking because of the color.
No sir, Just z51 with kit.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Dronski47
Instructor

Originally Posted by St.Char
Thank you for the info. I will indeed try this.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 AM
Dronski47
Instructor

Originally Posted by RicK T
Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your C6!!

I'm not seeing what you are asking about but if you're talking about the gasket around the headlight check this thread. If it isn't related to what you need come back and try to post better pics so we can see for sure what you are asking about.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...eadlights.html
I read the thread you posted,and I actually am having a gasket issue on the passenger side of the car. The fender on the passenger side has completely slid the gasket off of the lense up by the hood causing fogging in that lense. I only noticed this the one night it was outside of garage before i got it home. It does have a Z06 kit put on it. However im not positive that these front fenders are to Z06 specs. Not sure if they are wider than stock or not. Any info on that?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dronski47
I read the thread you posted,and I actually am having a gasket issue on the passenger side of the car. The fender on the passenger side has completely slid the gasket off of the lense up by the hood causing fogging in that lense. I only noticed this the one night it was outside of garage before i got it home. It does have a Z06 kit put on it. However im not positive that these front fenders are to Z06 specs. Not sure if they are wider than stock or not. Any info on that?
It would probably help if we had some more photos of your car showing the fenders. You can't tell from the photo posted.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Dronski47
Instructor

Couple more pics. Notice the fender and how far it is over headlight also. Looks as if the whole car has moved forward.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dronski47

Couple more pics. Notice the fender and how far it is over headlight also. Looks as if the whole car has moved forward.
Yes, something is definitely out of whack there. You need to get that to a body shop for some adjustments.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Are those OEM Z06 fenders or aftermarket? That could be the problem if they are aftermarket.

Otherwise it should be fixable.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Dronski47
Instructor

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Are those OEM Z06 fenders or aftermarket? That could be the problem if they are aftermarket.

Otherwise it should be fixable.
They are OEM. Thats whats so frustrating about it. When I had picked it up. It wasnt bad at all. Everything looked to be in place. Now it just seems to get worse everytime I drive it.

Get notified of new replies

To Loose front bumper driving me nuts!!

Quick Reply: Loose front bumper driving me nuts!!