C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Advice on what Garage lift to buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
BillB3672
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Looking for Advice on what Garage lift to buy

I am getting ready to purchase a Garage Auto lift and after researching many options I am reaching out to the forum for some advice.
Many of the mfgs are producing lifts in China, but these lifts are ANSI, ALI,ETL, CAN/CSA certified, so seem to be safe. I have seen some at the car shows and have observed some of the construction techniques. ( I was a Crane, Door and Elevator Engineer), so maybe I am expecting too much from the manufacturing process.
I would appreciate any feedback from anyone on the Forum, because experience is to be considered in this decision.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to provide any feeback!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I have a couple of the AutoLifters 4-post lifts, but they went belly up. The identical design is sold by Backyard Buddy. It's the only design I feel comfortable going under as the locks are trapped 360 dregees.

Last edited by JoesC5; 01-31-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
yianni
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lifts

About a year ago ,I purchased a 4 post lift from Axe Equipment, it is called Stinger SC, a company in Kansa makes it'and is all American made withl the necessary certifications. I am very pleased with the quality and performance, Not the cheapest by any means, but still a value! Take a look at it thru their website. It is probably comparable to the Backyard Buddy. pm me if you need any particulars
Old 01-31-2011, 03:10 PM
LMBZ4ME
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a fan of BendPak lifts and have the HD9.

All the info you need is here. http://www.bendpak.com/
Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Linecapt
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Go with BendPak

After looking for some time myself for a 4 post lift, I found that the BendPak is the way to go, because it's more of a commercialized lift. Backyard Buddy is overpriced. Others out there (Eagle) are other options. A good guy to talk to for honest advice is Gary from http://garybloomsales.com/. He's a straight shooter, takes the time to answer your questions and is full of information.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 PM
RDKING
Pro

I do not have the height in my garage for a four post lift so I am going to purchase MaxJax two post lift. Price is good with free shipping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kXzzrufv_M
Rudy,

Thank you for your interest in our MaxJax Lift
These models are extremely popular and Dannmar is one of the top names in the industry, and they are currently on sale.
The current sale price is $1939 with free shipping to a commercial address, or if you pick it up at the freight carrier's terminal near you.
They will load it into your truck or trailer at the terminal.
It will fit in a pickup.
If you want it shipped to your residence, add $40
If you don't have a way to unload it from the delivery truck, add $100 for a liftgate.
We would not charge you tax.
The Accessories you listed are included free right now.
Please contact me with any further questions.
I look forward to serving you.

Brian Lockhart
Automotive Service Equipment -
America's discount shop equipment supplier
www.asedeals.com
Phone - 860-626-9633
Fax - 419-831-0245
brian@asedeals.com

- Show quoted text -
----- Original Message -----
To: contact@asedeals.com
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 4:40 PM
Subject: MaxJax Two Post Lift

I want to purchase a MaxJax Two Post Lift. What I wanted to know is if the price was still $1939.00 with free shipping, plus free rolling oil drain and rolling shop seat? I live in Fl. and want to know the total price shipped to my door. Rudy Kranz, 6517 Deer Lake Ct., Sarasota, Fl. 34240. I would like to order ASAP.
How long would it take to ship?

Thanks, Rudy

ps: Is it possible to use my taxe except no. from Pa. and have it shipped to my summer house in Fl.?

For a limited time - Get a free rolling shop seat
PLUS a Free rolling oil drain with the purchase of a
MaxJax Two Post Lift
Old 01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I spent some time looking into it, and Bend Pak seemed the way to go for a 4 post lift. That being said, give a lot of consideration as to whether you want a 2 post or 4 post. If you want it for working on a vehicle, I would go with the 2 post.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Mark VerMurlen
Drifting

I've had my Backyard Buddy lift for over 4 years now and its worked very well for me. I would definitely purchase it again.

- Mark

Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
slacker1201
Lifetime NCM Member #2497
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10-11-12 Veteran

I have the Atlas from Greg Smith Equipment. It is a true 10,000# 2 post lift. I have owned mine for a little over a year with zero problems.
These pictures are right after I installed it.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Bixby Bandit
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking for Advice on what Garage lift to buy

Bill

I feel your pain in the struggle to select the right lift. I've wanted one for quite awhile, but was having a hard time making a decision. I researched just about every lift made and finally bought a Bendpak HD-9WX. I bought a Bendpak because of their certification, their quality, their design, and their reputation.

BendPak has been building automotive service equipment the right way, the best way, with the best materials and components for longer than anyone else. We lead, they follow. Any honest person in this industry will readily admit that. From top to bottom, no lifting system has more quality, durability or longevity engineered into it than a BendPak.

I ordered mine today from Jeff Tanner @ Best Buy Automotive Equipment. Phone: 800-647-7883 x-219 Website: www.bestbuyautomotiveequipment.com

Good Luck and Happy Lifting!!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using an American made Superior brand 4 post lift from superlifts.com for several year's now with no reported problem's. No matter the brand, recommend going with the lightweight aluminum drive up ramp's, hydraulic pump turn in bracket, and drip tray kit. Enjoy your new lift, as know you will.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

For those who do not have room for a four post lift, you may want to consider the "EZCarLift."

I have one on order. Everything I have read on this lift looks promising and there are no hydraulics involved. Works off the scissor jack method.

Be prepared for the price ($1800 - including shipping) - Sort of expensive for what you are getting, but I like the design.

WWW.EZCARLIFT.COM

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 AM
BillB3672
Racer

Originally Posted by Bixby Bandit
Bill

I feel your pain in the struggle to select the right lift. I've wanted one for quite awhile, but was having a hard time making a decision. I researched just about every lift made and finally bought a Bendpak HD-9WX. I bought a Bendpak because of their certification, their quality, their design, and their reputation.

BendPak has been building automotive service equipment the right way, the best way, with the best materials and components for longer than anyone else. We lead, they follow. Any honest person in this industry will readily admit that. From top to bottom, no lifting system has more quality, durability or longevity engineered into it than a BendPak.

I ordered mine today from Jeff Tanner @ Best Buy Automotive Equipment. Phone: 800-647-7883 x-219 Website: www.bestbuyautomotiveequipment.com

Good Luck and Happy Lifting!!

Thanks for the great feedback
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
BillB3672
Racer

Default Thanks for your feedback

Thanks to all of you that replyed to my request for help. This information will definately help me make the decision. This Corvette forum is the greatest and professionalism of folks like all of you make it what it is !

Last edited by BillB3672; 02-01-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: add Title
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
fmarshall
Racer

Originally Posted by Rossi6998
For those who do not have room for a four post lift, you may want to consider the "EZCarLift."

I have one on order. Everything I have read on this lift looks promising and there are no hydraulics involved. Works off the scissor jack method.

Be prepared for the price ($1800 - including shipping) - Sort of expensive for what you are getting, but I like the design.

WWW.EZCARLIFT.COM

Good luck!
I also have one on order. It can store under your car, mostly. And even better, it is totally portable. You can share it with friends. If 3 or 4 of your friends go in on one together, assuming they all have cars that are compatible with the lift that you need, then you can divide the price, making it a real value.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:10 AM
BDharley07
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in Chandler if you want to see a bendpak in person.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
cgrundman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

I recently installed the BendPak HD-9, after many hours of research, and I am very impressed with it. You are more than welcome to come by and see it if you want to.

Last edited by cgrundman; 07-27-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Advice on what Garage lift to buy

Old 03-01-2011, 11:41 AM
tnbeast
Instructor

Mot of the lifts I put in my shop are Bendpak or Rotary. I am impressed with either one. I had to rebuild the cables on my two Bendpaks but they have been used almost everyday for seven years and they are 10,000 lb two post. if I put any at my own garage at the house it will either a rotary or bend pak
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 PM
DC Ranger
2nd Gear

You might want to check this out. I know was written by BendPak but it still has some good information you might want to consider before making a choice.
http://www.astudyinliftdesign.com/
Old 03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
reidry
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a challenger 4 post which is designed very similar to the Bendpak 4 post lifts. Mine is a 12,000 # unit which creates some challenges with our low cars. I had to build custom 8 ft. approach ramps.

When I was looking for a lift I wanted a 4 post since i often work on my cars alone and didn't want to deal with auxillary supports when pulling engines, transmissions, or rear ends.

I also purchased a set of Rotary rolling air over hydraulic bridge jacks that fit between the runways. These allow me to put a car on the lift then raise the vehicle and remove the wheels.

There are a number of other respected brand names including Bendpak, Mohawk, and Rotary.

Whichever design / brand you select for your lift it will provide years of service.

Ryan

Last edited by reidry; 03-01-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for Advice on what Garage lift to buy