C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife Heard Me Driving Down the Road

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

Default Wife Heard Me Driving Down the Road

So, I haven't started a thread in a long time but thought this was worthy for several reasons. I live in Northern VA and while my car is not a garage Queen, I try to drive it only when the streets are dry but cabin fever has kicked in. I had to drive my daughter south a few miles on I-95 to the next town. The temp is about 55 degrees. So I ask if she could handle the top down. "Nope, going to see my boyfriend and can't mess up my hair." So, we still enjoy the father-daughter cruise down listening to "her" Ipod. After dropping her off I drop the top and hit the streets. I was properly dressed and just smiled the entire way home. I got a few "are you crazy" looks but it felt good." I even stopped and offered a ride to a young Marine walking home from the PX and drove him to the barracks (I live on base). He was awed to get to ride in a Vette back to the hut. So now for the best part. After parking back in the garage, my non-Corvette loving wife asked if I had the "thingy" for the mufflers opened or closed because she could hear me coming from a 1/2 mile away. WOOT. I have BB Fusions with a manual switch.

Last edited by Corpsvette; 02-13-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: addtnl info.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! I feel you on the cabin fever. Glad you got a chance to stretch her legs, and glad that Marine got to enjoy it too
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 PM
dpb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Me2

Originally Posted by Corpsvette
So, I haven't started a thread in a long time but thought this was worthy for several reasons. I live in Northern VA and while my car is not a garage Queen, I try to drive it only when the streets are dry but cabin fever has kicked in. I had to drive my daughter south a few miles on I-95 to the next town. The temp is about 55 degrees. So I ask if she could handle the top down. "Nope, going to see my boyfriend and can't mess up my hair." So, we still enjoy the father-daughter cruise down listening to "her" Ipod. After dropping her off I drop the top and hit the streets. I was properly dressed and just smiled the entire way home. I got a few "are you crazy" looks but it felt good." I even stopped and offered a ride to a young Marine walking home from the PX and drove him to the barracks (I live on base). He was awed to get to ride in a Vette back to the hut. So now for the best part. After parking back in the garage, my non-Corvette loving wife asked if I had the "thingy" for the mufflers opened or closed because she could her me coming from a 1/2 mile away. WOOT. I have BB Fusions with a manual switch.
Its 55 in Casper Wyoming and I get to fire her up......see ya later
Old 02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

The "thingy" is a worthwhile investment if you want your significant other to drive in the car with you!!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. That's a very kind thing you did. I'm sure the Marine loved the ride home.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:45 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice thread!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
The "thingy" is a worthwhile investment if you want your significant other to drive in the car with you!!
my wife loves it. I never close the valves unless we're on a road trip.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:22 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I love my B&B system from the headers all the way to the PRTs. When Im on it, you know it, but when cruising its just a nice rumble and when I downshift I get that nice Harley burbble.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on getting the vert out! I drive mine with the top down in town once it hits 50! Probably not on the highway though...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Kenboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we are warming up nicely in northern VA. Always nice to find a necessary errand that the Corvette can fill! Didn't drive mine today, as I was washing the wife's car and didn't have an errand to do. But I am looking forward to driving it soon!

best, Ken .... 2008 Coupe

Get notified of new replies

To Wife Heard Me Driving Down the Road

Quick Reply: Wife Heard Me Driving Down the Road