C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBDII Problem

Old 02-25-2011, 01:47 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default OBDII Problem

I suddenly cannot read the PCM. I just wrote some tune updates a few days ago and everything was working fine. Last night went out to make a change or 2 and could not read or write to the PCM.

HP Tuners wouldn't connect so I tried my trusty code reader and after about 30 seconds it gives me an error message. The message is "error".

I checked the fuse and is good. Cigar lighters is working and when I first plug in the code reader the lights flash but go off. Tuners has the green light with just the OBD2 plugged in, not the USB.

I have checked everything I know to check. You guys have any input. The car cranks and runs fine.
I suddenly cannot read the PCM. I just wrote some tune updates a few days ago and everything was working fine. Last night went out to make a change or 2 and could not read or write to the PCM.

HP Tuners wouldn't connect so I tried my trusty code reader and after about 30 seconds it gives me an error message. The message is "error".

I checked the fuse and is good. Cigar lighters is working and when I first plug in the code reader the lights flash but go off. Tuners has the green light with just the OBD2 plugged in, not the USB.

I have checked everything I know to check. You guys have any input. The car cranks and runs fine.

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
TonyB.96LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you're in a loop.

Just guessing but if you have a pin loose/broken wire in the DLC that maybe the reason for your problem.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by TonyB.96LT4
looks like you're in a loop.

Just guessing but if you have a pin loose/broken wire in the DLC that maybe the reason for your problem.

Just checked the DLC and I have power on 16. Grounds appear to be very good on 4 and 5. Pins are seated and wiring looks to be OK.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You might need to let it cycle about 10Xs to reset.

I had a similar event happen a few months back. It happened when I was continuously connecting to the OBDT II with my code reader getting some things done prior to a smog check. I think it was the *continuous* part

Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

This must have been it. It's working as usual now. I hate things like this.

Originally Posted by keyplyr
You might need to let it cycle about 10Xs to reset.

I had a similar event happen a few months back. It happened when I was continuously connecting to the OBDT II with my code reader getting some things done prior to a smog check. I think it was the *continuous* part

Get notified of new replies

To OBDII Problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OBDII Problem