C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tadge Juechter Corvette Seminar at Sebring 2011 Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Default Tadge Juechter Corvette Seminar at Sebring 2011 Video

I haven't seen this posted here yet so I grabbed it from the Tech Forum.

It's a 46 minute video of Tadge and Harlan Charles talking Corvette stuff in a seminar at Sebring. I think it's worth 46 minutes to watch, pretty entertaining and somewhat informative. He answers questions about tire wear, alignment, seats, why they have done what they did, etc.

About 18 minutes in Tadge starts talking about the C7. He doesn't reveal anything......or does he? Hmmmm.

Anyway hope you enjoy it.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default C7 due in 2013

If you listen he says a "couple" years.
I am betting we see the C7 sometime in 2013 as either a 2013 model or a 2014.........
Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Old 03-23-2011, 01:18 AM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

At ~21 minutes, he talks about fuel economy... sounds like the C7 will bow to govt pressure for better MPG.

I'm guessing that also means the base C7 won't be quicker or faster than the base C6.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossofiron
If you listen he says a "couple" years.
I am betting we see the C7 sometime in 2013 as either a 2013 model or a 2014.........
Not "a couple". At 19 minutes he says "a few years out". If you read between the lines on the questions he asks, that few is going to be quite a few. You don't make up your mind on rear engine/mid engine and then release a car the next year. You don't decide on fixed top/removable top and then redesign the frame and center tunnel overnight. Even the V8/turbo V6 question indicates later than 2014 if these questions aren't just rhetorical. You have to ask yourself why he would be asking these questions if the answers were already cast in stone. And if they aren't cast in stone yet, then the release is more than "a couple of years" off. How many years did it take to design the C4, C5, C6? Is the C7 somehow going to magically appear full blown and not have to go through the same design period?

And, yes, the comment on the government not agreeing with the owners on the need for drastic improvement in fuel economy indicates the C7 will have much more than 30mpg highway which will make it very hard to get even similar performance to the C6. It would seem the best we can hope for is a much smaller slower base C7 with a very expensive ZR1 model paying a huge gas guzzler tax. Did you hear the comment about liking the wider $50-$120K price point range? Also making the car attractive to a wider audience?

Listen from 18 to 25 again and ask yourself why these questions would be asked if the answers were irrelevant because the design was already fixed which is what would be required for a 2014 model year release.

Get notified of new replies

To Tadge Juechter Corvette Seminar at Sebring 2011 Video

Quick Reply: Tadge Juechter Corvette Seminar at Sebring 2011 Video