C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dsvette vs apsis for Steering wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dsvette vs apsis for Steering wheels

I am in the market for a custom steering wheel price aside for guys who have seen the quality of both which is higher quality?

Any advise would be helpful. I have used DSVETTE in the past but am told APSIS is superior. Who has seen both steering wheels?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

DSV and APSIS are both leaders in this field, My wifes is an Apsis Carbon Leather with Black Alcantara and Tan stitching with complete finished air bag cover, I haven't seen one as nice in my opinion. Having said that, it also has C/F spokes from DSV (Vette Candy) and they are amazing... I might take her car out of the garage this weekend, so if I do I will take some real pics of it, I just have iPhone pics in a darkish garage and it doesn't do them justice at all.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Looking forward to seeing it.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
c6coop
Pro

Originally Posted by fennerhillpro
Looking forward to seeing it.
Me too!
coop
Old 04-09-2011, 12:21 AM
LionGS
Pro

Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't go wrong with either one.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in the market as well. I have until August to decide. Hope to buy at Carlisle.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:41 AM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apsis here:

Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 AM
msnbound
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good buying experience from dsvettes........i would not buy from apsis....they are rude, always telling members to move on, cant afford thwir pricepoints....etc.....check, pasr posts from apsis.....they are just rude with poor english skills also
Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by msnbound
Good buying experience from dsvettes........i would not buy from apsis....they are rude, always telling members to move on, cant afford thwir pricepoints....etc.....check, pasr posts from apsis.....they are just rude with poor english skills also
Maybe you would come off as rude too, if you weren't using your native tongue, and speaking a new language. I think a lot of things get blown out of proportion in the Apsis threads. A little patience for people who aren't born English speakers is always nice.

Bottom line Apsis makes super high quality CUSTOM products for Corvettes, and he stands behind his products. For me that is the most important thing. I'd rather have a great surgeon with a so-so bedside manner than vice versa.

I have bought from them (not a steering Wheel though) and their product was excellent and the customer service was great.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 AM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Maybe you would come off as rude too, if you weren't using your native tongue, and speaking a new language. I think a lot of things get blown out of proportion in the Apsis threads. A little patience for people who aren't born English speakers is always nice.

Bottom line Apsis makes super high quality CUSTOM products for Corvettes, and he stands behind his products. For me that is the most important thing. I'd rather have a great surgeon with a so-so bedside manner than vice versa.

I have bought from them (not a steering Wheel though) and their product was excellent and the customer service was great.
Let me tell the group I have purchased from both and no issues with Lino or Jersey and both have great quality. However, I have never seen either wheel in person so that is the reason for the question.

I love the APSIS above and that is where I am leaning as I just confirmed DSVETTE does not make an airbag cover. Planning to order next week
Old 04-09-2011, 07:30 AM
97Black
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I have numerous leather pieces from Apsis and can tell you they are worth the money. I always have great experiences with their customer service and with Jersey. Definitely not the cheapest. But, if you are very picky they are the way to go. I also have to say that Caravaggio is probably top dog in quality but that is at the next level for price and quality and waiting times. Hopefully in the future I will be ordering my steering wheel from him.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Speaking of English skills, try spell check next time.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I consider DSVettes from time to time for a new alcantra d steering wheel.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Cost, Quality and Customer Service are 3 things that drive me to buy from someone.

I chose DSVettes for the fact there Quailty of Leather, Carbon fiber, Alcantara andwork was fandamntastic. Their Cost was well lets face it, its usually ½ of what others are charging and lastly Customer service. I've met Gerry and Lino and have spoke with them on many occasions. They have been nothing but upstanding to me and to my wife. I can't say that about some of the others. For those reasons I chose and will continue to choose DSVettes for ALL of my work.

Picture below is similar to the wheel I ordered.

Current steering wheel below :
Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Actually, I would suggest folks check your pasts posts..
Old 04-09-2011, 01:28 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

I had a DSVettes wheel in my C5 and loved it. Their customer service is great. Another thing to consider is right now Apsis is having a 20% off sale on the steering wheels.

Get notified of new replies

To dsvette vs apsis for Steering wheels

Old 04-09-2011, 01:51 PM
msnbound
Drifting

Originally Posted by Racer
my past posts???? because i have an opinion???......besides RACER....I am damn proud to still have that right living in the UNITED STATES Of AMERICA......can't say the same for you there, buddy!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

calm down folks. Opinions are like "...."
Old 04-09-2011, 02:07 PM
msnbound
Drifting

Originally Posted by Racer
besides.......you have a ferrari, how can we possibly be in the same league as you???......must be nice to be you, RACER

Quick Reply: dsvette vs apsis for Steering wheels