C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Terminator to C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:12 PM
mac823
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tunedprt91
I hate to be the downer but you will receive the same thing on this site. Usually when anything about a mustang gets posted here all the ignorant/biased people come out. Not saying that if you go to svtp and post your new ride you wont get a 3-5 page shitstorm lol.

Its hard owning a cobra and coming on here to see your other toy get talked down. That can be said for others who have toys besides their vette. Svtp really is like a everybody is welcome place which is cool but that place also has a few areas where it can improve.

Enjoy the vette!
Oh I definitely assumed that would happen, I was waiting for it haha. SVTP has a lot of ignorant morons too, but hey there's some in every forum out there. It's not really hard seeing the old car get talked down, just would be difficult seeing people do it who have no clue what they're talking about lol. Like I said in that post though there are people like that in EVERY car community

Thank you very much and I'm loving this forum already!! THe car is a BLAST
Old 04-23-2011, 03:20 PM
wolfpack06
Racer

When I was looking to buy another car I looked at mustangs at first having wanted one when I was younger. I was test driving at carmax (since I can test drive and they don't make me feel like I have to buy the car) and came across a vette. When I found the price of used vettes was definately in my price range, I started looking into it further. I wanted a one of a kind car, something fun and unique. I'd always been impressed by vettes, but never thought they were attainable. The thing that tipped me from a brand new mustang into the vette was when someone told me "my grandma drives a mustang." hahah! I wanted something with a bit more wow factor.

No matter how built up a mustang is with 10000000 hp, etc... in the end, it just doesn't get the respect or attention that the vette gets. I hope this doesn't sound conceited, but I could have spent $30k on a new mustang and drive around having all the teens and ricers want to race me, or I did what I did and spent $30k on a used Z51 vette that was babied and still smells new and have people give me thumbs up instead.

I'm sure I'll upset some enthusiasts out there, but whether its the most built up 1 million hp, supercharged, etc mustang or the v6 that teenages or grandmas have been driving around for years... I can't tell, they all look like mustangs to me. I do love the older mustangs though. I might try to pick one up later in life.

Last edited by wolfpack06; 04-23-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:31 PM
mac823
Instructor

Originally Posted by wolfpack06
When I was looking to buy another car I looked at mustangs at first having wanted one when I was younger. I was test driving at carmax (since I can test drive and they don't make me feel like I have to buy the car) and came across a vette. When I found the price of used vettes was definately in my price range, I started looking into it further. I wanted a one of a kind car, something fun and unique. I'd always been impressed by vettes, but never thought they were attainable. The thing that tipped me from a brand new mustang into the vette was when someone told me "my grandma drives a mustang." hahah! I wanted something with a bit more wow factor.

No matter how built up a mustang is with 10000000 hp, etc... in the end, it just doesn't get the respect or attention that the vette gets. I hope this doesn't sound conceited, but I could have spent $30k on a new mustang and drive around having all the teens and ricers want to race me, or I did what I did and spent $30k on a used Z51 vette that was babied and still smells new and have people give me thumbs up instead.

I'm sure I'll upset some enthusiasts out there, but whether its the most built up 1 million hp, supercharged, etc mustang or the v6 that teenages or grandmas have been driving around for years... I can't tell, they all look like mustangs to me. I do love the older mustangs though. I might try to pick one up later in life.
I definitely understand what you mean...I had people tell me "don't get a corvette, old guys drive them" lol. Which I don't find to be the case at all....some people just have set mentalities about cars and that's the truth!

A ton of younger kids own mustangs and they definitely have that look. I got that some though for sure with people who actually didn't know the cars thought it was a regular mustang, but if you look at a cobra and a V6 there definitely is a big difference in looks! I will say this though....I got some many thumbs up and "nice car" from people driving my cobra it was crazy. The difference though is mine wasn't a normal one most people see...it looked brand new and had all the bells and whistles. I agree with you though in that no matter what was done to the cobra, so many people would still pull the line "yahhh but it's still a mustang". lol

Having said that....I have gotten a lot more wows from people and thumbs up from the ladies too driving the Corvette. I think people are very surprised seeing a guy my age owning one out here, and it's a lot of fun!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
wolfpack06
Racer

Originally Posted by mac823
Having said that....I have gotten a lot more wows from people and thumbs up from the ladies too driving the Corvette. I think people are very surprised seeing a guy my age owning one out here, and it's a lot of fun!
I know exactly what you mean! I just turned 27 and look pretty young for my age and always get a kick out of people looking twice when I get in my car.

Though sometimes I just get the "oh, it's probably his dad's car" attitude as well. I was at a DIY auto shop doing an oil change and a guy from work came along to check out the car and kill some time. I was doing the oil change and my buddy was talking to me. A guy in the next stall over comes up to my buddy and says, "nice car, do you ever let him drive it?" (as if I was his son) And my buddy replies, "uh, yeah, it's his car. I haven't ever driven it." Needless to say the awkward look on this guys face put a huge smile on my face
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 PM
mac823
Instructor

Originally Posted by wolfpack06
I know exactly what you mean! I just turned 27 and look pretty young for my age and always get a kick out of people looking twice when I get in my car.

Though sometimes I just get the "oh, it's probably his dad's car" attitude as well. I was at a DIY auto shop doing an oil change and a guy from work came along to check out the car and kill some time. I was doing the oil change and my buddy was talking to me. A guy in the next stall over comes up to my buddy and says, "nice car, do you ever let him drive it?" (as if I was his son) And my buddy replies, "uh, yeah, it's his car. I haven't ever driven it." Needless to say the awkward look on this guys face put a huge smile on my face
Hahahaha that's hilarious! Those are the best!

Yahhh I'm 24 and I get those looks all the time. I know people are thinking it's Daddy's car or something...especially with the area I live in. But it's nice knowing that it's my own hard earned money and that people just love the car too
Old 04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
gfunkusarelius
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that Terminator is a great looking car, would love to have one. Of course I could name about 10 other cars that I would love to have.

I have a 35th anni 99 GT that I still enjoy even tho it is a joke performance-wise compared to my z51 C6. It's fun hopping between the cars and I drive them totally differently.

People who get all twisted out of shape about cars and loyalties have got to be shortening their lives. Just have some freaking fun.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
mac823
Instructor

Originally Posted by gfunkusarelius
I think that Terminator is a great looking car, would love to have one. Of course I could name about 10 other cars that I would love to have.

I have a 35th anni 99 GT that I still enjoy even tho it is a joke performance-wise compared to my z51 C6. It's fun hopping between the cars and I drive them totally differently.

People who get all twisted out of shape about cars and loyalties have got to be shortening their lives. Just have some freaking fun.
I agree 100% with that statement! That's why I'm a car fanatic in general! I really have no "loyalty". There's certain cars I would never own, but I would never get bent out of shape on one or the other! Good call

Originally Posted by peter pan
Thank you!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Welcome to the Corvette world.

Yes, I'm like you. I just love cars. A lot of different makes and models have their good points. I never talk bad about others car of choice. To each his own.

But as you said, there will be some in every car group that will just bash the H*LL out of any car that isn't like their own. You just have to ignore them and chalk it up to close mindedness or immaturity.

I just love that I finally got to experience owning America's true sports car. (As you will too.)
Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
mac823
Instructor

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Welcome to the Corvette world.

Yes, I'm like you. I just love cars. A lot of different makes and models have their good points. I never talk bad about others car of choice. To each his own.

But as you said, there will be some in every car group that will just bash the H*LL out of any car that isn't like their own. You just have to ignore them and chalk it up to close mindedness or immaturity.

I just love that I finally got to experience owning America's true sports car. (As you will too.)
Thank you very much!!

I'm glad to see there's a lot of others on the forum like me who are just car lovers in general too!

I agree with you 100%...I am also extremely happy that I get to experience owning a Corvette! It truly is all it's cracked up to be!!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Welcome to the Vette world!

I looooove the sound of those Cobras. They sound mean!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
c6coop
Pro

Welcome to the forum!
Some times it's what brought you to the vette, that makes all the difference.
Your experiences add the the enjoyment.
289 Tiger, Pantera, Porsches, Z28's, 55 chevys, big blocks & small blocks, etc., etc. for me.
I wouldn't change a thing. Love the C6!
Enjoy your C6!
coop
Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 AM
mac823
Instructor

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
Welcome to the Vette world!

I looooove the sound of those Cobras. They sound mean!
Thank you veryyyy much!! Yahhh mine sounded pretty ridiculous! I'll dig up a clip of it right now actually

Originally Posted by c6coop
Welcome to the forum!
Some times it's what brought you to the vette, that makes all the difference.
Your experiences add the the enjoyment.
289 Tiger, Pantera, Porsches, Z28's, 55 chevys, big blocks & small blocks, etc., etc. for me.
I wouldn't change a thing. Love the C6!
Enjoy your C6!
coop
Thank you!! I agree completely!! It's what got you to the end result for sure!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:58 AM
mac823
Instructor

For those saying about the sound of the car...

Even though it's a tinyyy clip my friends reactions in their car is hilarious! They pulled to the side and went slow so I could go by them and let them hear the car with the wastegates open:

Old 04-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Cobra's are deadly, last night one (03/04) made my C5 (01) look like a 1986 Chev Blazer. I had no idea Cobra's are that fast especially when modded. He had the psi bumped up and all the mods. It was a sick mustang.

Last edited by Mr.Nubain; 04-24-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Added

Quick Reply: From Terminator to C6