C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumbs down....haha

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
mac823
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs down....haha

So I had to tell this story since I made the change from an 03 cobra to a C6 just recently. I was out on PCH cruising with the girlfriend yesterday afternoon. As we are going I see a Mustang GT up ahead...and as I pass him he leans out the window and gives me a thumbs down. As I see it I kinda do a double take because I didn't really believe it at first. Once I realized that's what he did I actually started laughing out loud and so did my girlfriend. Not because I think my car is better than his, but because I owned a mustang a little over a month ago and it seemed so ironic! It would have been that much better though if I got hated on by a GT500 or cobra instead of just a GT with exhaust on it.

Sorry for the lame story but I just had to share it with you guys! I'm pretty sure some of you have experienced it before!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
MuscleVette
Racer

Former Mustang GT owner here as well. There is nothing like the C6. He's just jealous!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Ten-Zing
Instructor

Whenever I get shyt from people I pretty much have the same response.

"You just don't get it."

Of course their reaction is that I'm insinuating that there's something to owning a Vette they don't understand and indignantly ask me to "enlighten" them.

I tell em. "I'm a car guy, I like cars in general, owning a Vette is part of that. You are an insecure guy who bought "X" car and will **** an moan anything you can to me to settle down your anxiety about it."

Faster, better looking, super great awesome whatever whatever, it's all cool to me. I can listen to a guy talk about his modified VW GTI an go back and forth in interest over it. But more often than not, that guy can't reciprocate the same interest in cars in general.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:11 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

no, actually, I haven't ever got that kind of reaction. must be a very immature driver of the other car. wonder if he does the same thing when a P-car goes by, or a Ferrari. I'd bet those drivers laff, too.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

leave one hand on the wheel, put the other one up to your ear with thumb in ear extending your fingers waving and stick your tongue out..... then smile and laugh.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:45 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

loser!!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Ten-Zing

I tell em. "I'm a car guy, I like cars in general, owning a Vette is part of that.
Being a car guy does not mean you have to like all cars. I am a so called true car enthusiast or true car guy and Mustangs make me puke, .........ok, I must admit, I do like some things about Mustangs, like the fact that 65% are owned by women so there is a good chance of seeing some babes, when one goes by.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:51 PM
designerRob
Safety Car

I honestly don't give Mustangs a second glance. So, I wouldn't know if they're flipping me off or what. I think it's funny how some people react.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Mustangs a bunch of wannabes.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:03 PM
mac823
Instructor

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
leave one hand on the wheel, put the other one up to your ear with thumb in ear extending your fingers waving and stick your tongue out..... then smile and laugh.
Lol that's exactly what I was thinking after I passed!

And I didn't start this to make it a mustang bashing thread lol. There's already many of those. And regular mustangs are lame....but I will ALWAYS respect 03/04+ cobras. Those in here that don't obviously don't realize that they truly are powerful cars that can make great power for small amounts of money
Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 PM
ub2slow2

Originally Posted by Racer
Being a car guy does not mean you have to like all cars. I am a so called true car enthusiast or true car guy and Mustangs make me puke, .........ok, I must admit, I do like some things about Mustangs, like the fact that 65% are owned by women so there is a good chance of seeing some babes, when one goes by.
I'm with ya, I pretty much hate all Mustangs and always have. I think the only Mustang I ever liked was the late 80's Mustang GT and only for it's look. When I see one coming or am passing one I don't ever look at them. Well unless there is a little hottie driving it then me looks

Get notified of new replies

To Thumbs down....haha

Quick Reply: Thumbs down....haha