C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody switch from Hurst to MGW on T56?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
RabidVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody switch from Hurst to MGW on T56?

I had an '08 1LT with the TR6060. I put in an MGW shifter and race **** and loved it. I sold the '08 and bought an '07 because it was modded to hell, was practically brand new and I got a great deal. The '07 came with a Hurst shifter that I find quite bulky and I am not really a fan of it. I am thinking about swapping the Hurst for an MGW, however I am unsure if the problem is from the shifter or if it is from having a T56 instead of a TR6060. Before I spend the money to switch to the MGW, does anyone have any firsthand experience with switching from another aftermarket shifter to an MGW on a pre-'08 C6? If not, general feedback on the MGW on T-56 equipped cars would be appreciated.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by RabidVette
I had an '08 1LT with the TR6060. I put in an MGW shifter and race **** and loved it. I sold the '08 and bought an '07 because it was modded to hell, was practically brand new and I got a great deal. The '07 came with a Hurst shifter that I find quite bulky and I am not really a fan of it. I am thinking about swapping the Hurst for an MGW, however I am unsure if the problem is from the shifter or if it is from having a T56 instead of a TR6060. Before I spend the money to switch to the MGW, does anyone have any firsthand experience with switching from another aftermarket shifter to an MGW on a pre-'08 C6? If not, general feedback on the MGW on T-56 equipped cars would be appreciated.
I have the Hurst Billet. Never tryed the MGW. But I like my Hurst.
I guess I don't see the bulkyness. The t-56 is not as good as the T6060
I have had several cars with both transmission's. Thats what your seeing IMO! Save your money!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:22 PM
RabidVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
I have the Hurst Billet. Never tryed the MGW. But I like my Hurst.
I guess I don't see the bulkyness. The t-56 is not as good as the T6060
I have had several cars with both transmission's. Thats what your seeing IMO! Save your money!
Thanks for the feedback. I had an MGW for the T56 on my 04 Cobra and it was pretty bulky as well; guess it is just the trans.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody switch from Hurst to MGW on T56?

Quick Reply: Anybody switch from Hurst to MGW on T56?