C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUD installations in South Carolina *list started*

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
Tech Contributor

HUD install, Charleston, SC Sep 2-4
Old 08-09-2011, 06:16 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Thrash
It's just a mile north down the highway from the tint shop. Some days there are lambos, real hot-rods (rat-fink style), 600 hp ricers and old jags like the atchd (actual - not a kit! - that's a $500K car). Pretty fun and no real fuss ...
sweet, sounds similar to the one in Houston. They have cars as far as the eye can see. Looks like the day after thanksgiving with BAMF cars lol.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 AM
mousey007
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What will be your start time on the 2nd and are you setting up appointment times for the installs.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mousey007
What will be your start time on the 2nd and are you setting up appointment times for the installs.
Flight arrives at 2:30 pm on the 2nd. I think its around an hour drive give or take a few to get from Charleston Air port to Mt. Pleasant. I can try and set you up for around 3:30 or 4 if that works for you. I plan to do around 3 installs that friday. Should have me finishing up around 8 or 9 that night and then starting as soon as possible on Saturday morning and working til whenever....
Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM
mousey007
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds great I will get there early so they can do my tint before.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mousey007
That sounds great I will get there early so they can do my tint before.
Sounds like a plan, I wish I could bring my car to do the clear bra install as well.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Andrew6
Flight arrives at 2:30 pm on the 2nd. I think its around an hour drive give or take a few to get from Charleston Air port to Mt. Pleasant. I can try and set you up for around 3:30 or 4 if that works for you. I plan to do around 3 installs that friday. Should have me finishing up around 8 or 9 that night and then starting as soon as possible on Saturday morning and working til whenever....
It's just a 30 min. ride, but will take you 30 min. to de-plane and get to your rental. Call me and I'll meet you at the tint shop ...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

It's just a 30 min. ride, but will take you 30 min. to de-plane and get to your rental. Call me and I'll meet you at the tint shop ...
good deal.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

HUD, steering wheels, consoles, HU's, Tint, Clear-Bra ... all at great prices
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Radioman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

HUD, steering wheels, consoles, HU's, Tint, Clear-Bra ... all at great prices
You're baaaaaaaacckkk....
Old 08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Radioman
You're baaaaaaaacckkk....
Yes I am, good to be back ... and doggonit, people like me, at least enough to give me a one-time break and reinstated (I promise to be a good boy). Did you get your phone fixed yet, we'll chat ...
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Default Cruise to dinner?

So there will be 8 or more of us (some w/better halfs) here for the install, so we should plan a group cruise on Friday or Saturday night to one of Charleston's many amazing restaurants, which would need to be a late dinner (as Andrew may be working up to 9 or 10pm), so give me your inputs on that, as I can pin down a spot or make reservations.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Radioman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

So there will be 8 or more of us (some w/better halfs) here for the install, so we should plan a group cruise on Friday or Saturday night to one of Charleston's many amazing restaurants, which would need to be a late dinner (as Andrew may be working up to 9 or 10pm), so give me your inputs on that, as I can pin down a spot or make reservations.
We're in!! Thanks for making this happen..
Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Radioman
We're in!! Thanks for making this happen..
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andrew did mine as I watched in awe from start to finish at how conscientious and thorough he is. Supurb workmanship, caring and craftmanship the entire time with all the attention to detail you could ever hope or dream for. Thanks Andrew !!!

As far as the duct goes and using foil tape there is zero concern of it not working perfectly.

The duct is nice and flat and the tape sticks and seals like the concrete where Jimmy Hoffa was enshrined back in the 1970's and remains from now til the end of eternity. After seeing the duct first hand and how it is already so tightly pressed together with nowhere for it to move, and then sealing it with that aluminum foil type tape we use on air conditioning ductwork in our attics in our homes that gets to be a zillion degrees summer after summer after summer that lasts forever in those brutal conditions I have absolutely zero concen of it ever moving or being any problem whatsoever. Look in your attic, you couldn't remove that tape if you wanted to, it lasts forever all over the country in a wide variety of climate conditions in everything from office buildings to wharehouses. Once you see the duct it will be blatantly obvious and will aleviate any concerns.

Very cool upgrade that puts a smile on your face every time you get in your car, not only the speed and rpm's, but even the radio stations, etc, etc, display up on the windshield without ever have to look down.

Very, very cool upgrade for little money !!!

You can't buy it or order it seperately. To get the Heads Up Display (HUD) feature costs over $4200 dollars in the 3LT option package - plus tax!!! So in reality somewhere around $4500 bucks! That's a bunch of money no matter how you look at it.

Very grateful to have Andrew doing these for us! Thanks again Andrew!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Radioman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Silverado Desperado
Andrew did mine as I watched in awe from start to finish at how conscientious and thorough he is. Supurb workmanship, caring and craftmanship the entire time with all the attention to detail you could ever hope or dream for. Thanks Andrew !!!

As far as the duct goes and using foil tape there is zero concern of it not working perfectly.

The duct is nice and flat and the tape sticks and seals like the concrete where Jimmy Hoffa was enshrined back in the 1970's and remains from now til the end of eternity. After seeing the duct first hand and how it is already so tightly pressed together with nowhere for it to move, and then sealing it with that aluminum foil type tape we use on air conditioning ductwork in our attics in our homes that gets to be a zillion degrees summer after summer after summer that lasts forever in those brutal conditions I have absolutely zero concen of it ever moving or being any problem whatsoever. Look in your attic, you couldn't remove that tape if you wanted to, it lasts forever all over the country in a wide variety of climate conditions in everything from office buildings to wharehouses. Once you see the duct it will be blatantly obvious and will aleviate any concerns.

Very cool upgrade that puts a smile on your face every time you get in your car, not only the speed and rpm's, but even the radio stations, etc, etc, display up on the windshield without ever have to look down.

Very, very cool upgrade for little money !!!

You can't buy it or order it seperately. To get the Heads Up Display (HUD) feature costs over $4200 dollars in the 3LT option package - plus tax!!! So in reality somewhere around $4500 bucks! That's a bunch of money no matter how you look at it.

Very grateful to have Andrew doing these for us! Thanks again Andrew!!!
Now that's a confidence builder for sure....
Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Thrash, is that an actuall watch?

Get notified of new replies

To HUD installations in South Carolina *list started*

Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

With Carlisle coming up soon all DSVettes orders need to take place ASAP due to availability. If you're interested in something PM me for pricing.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Andrew6
Thrash, is that an actuall watch?
The watch is real and on my wrist, but I Photoshoped the ZHZ (it has ZR1 in that same place), but I plan to mod-it to put the ZHZ there.

Here is the link for the watch(es) (I posted this info on the ZHZ group last month), there's one for most colors, with GS, Z06 and ZR1 logos <CLICK HERE>. Similar to the the NCM offerings, but a touch cheaper ...
Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

The watch is real and on my wrist, but I Photoshoped the ZHZ (it has ZR1 in that same place), but I plan to mod-it to put the ZHZ there.

Here is the link for the watch(es) (I posted this info on the ZHZ group last month), there's one for most colors, with GS, Z06 and ZR1 logos <CLICK HERE>. Similar to the the NCM offerings, but a touch cheaper ...
sweet I like it.

Quick Reply: HUD installations in South Carolina *list started*