C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quik Wax

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Raazor
i've used that on my black cars also and it works good.

try this though. after you wax it, go over it with the Quick Detailer. it's crazy how shiny it gets doing that.

Used this method on my C5 (red) , and now sometimes on my C6 and get great results. I am a fan of Meguires products (even though I am using rejex and pinnacle now) I really think they work well if applied correctly, and they are easily available almost anywhere and price is not bad.

OP car looks great!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:07 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 168 Likes on 118 Posts

I've been using Griot's speed shine and a damp micro towel and it works great but I'm going to buy the Maguires quik wax to compare.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:05 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by P0234
I don't think its possible to post anything about cleaning a car on this forum without getting a Zaino Zombie to post.
Zaino Zombie.....I like that!
I'd like to post a question to those like yourself, have you ever tried it?My guess is probably accurate in that it chaps your a$$ to spend $100 on car wax, and you poke fun at those of us who see the value in the product. While this is a free country and we all can speak our mind, I pose the old addage:
"Don't knock it 'til you try it"
Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by schmegeggie
I'd like to post a question to those like yourself, have you ever tried it?My guess is probably accurate in that it chaps your a$$ to spend $100 on car wax, and you poke fun at those of us who see the value in the product. While this is a free country and we all can speak our mind, I pose the old addage:

hey broh.. hows it.....

Old 08-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

i use it a lot only because I don't mind doing it weekly. it only takes 15 minutes to do the entire car.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Raazor

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by C5-JIM
5 minutes ago I tried it on my black Vette that I waxed this morning and you are right, the shine is CRAZY.
C5-JIM
Old 08-18-2011, 07:57 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

The fact is many of us have tried it and found it wasn't for us for multiple reasons. The real issue that "chaps" someones azz is some people force feed that stuff down our throats and can't fathom the thought that what you use is not the best thing on the market not only for you but for everyone! It's simply best for the people that like and use it. Nothing more....nothing less. If you like it great but please stop with all the preaching. The last sentence may or may not pertain to you but it certainly does to a few.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Just proves it doesn't take big buck stuff and step after step to produce amazing results! Nice job.
Tell me about it. I just use the wax setting at the local car wash and it looks just as good as anything out there.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
Tell me about it. I just use the wax setting at the local car wash and it looks just as good as anything out there.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
shelleygraham
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TommyV
I know it's no Zaino, but if you're looking for a quick shine, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax is good stuff. I use it like a detailer and my car always looks good.

"Meguiar's® Ultimate Quik Wax is the fastest way to a dazzling, show-car shine! Featuring Meguiar's Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™, it makes paint come alive with a deep, wet-look shine you would only expect from liquid or paste waxes. Our new technology leaves no white residue on plastic and trim, and it can even be applied in direct sunlight! Simply mist on and wipe off. So fast and easy that you can wax your entire car in just minutes! The protection and relentless water beading, however, lasts for weeks."

Your car looks great ! Is it a spray ?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 PM
shelleygraham
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shelleygraham
Where do you get it ?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Stevenyc777
Pro

i use it a lot only because I don't mind doing it weekly. it only takes 15 minutes to do the entire car.
I'm always detailing my cars and I want to give this a try..I use the quik wax first.? Buff it out? and then put the detailer on.?
Old 08-19-2011, 01:01 AM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

Originally Posted by shelleygraham
Yep, you just mist it on, apply it with a good microfber towel, and then buff it off with a clean towel. It doesn't haze, so don't wait.

You can find it at most auto stores.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Licit
Melting Slicks

i've used that on my black cars also and it works good.

try this though. after you wax it, go over it with the Quick Detailer. it's crazy how shiny it gets doing that.

I guess that's the time Megs quick detailer actually works. It has always sucked when used with their clay bar and on it's own. Mothers instant detailer seems to be many times better for claying or wipe down. I may try to use them together like you said since they both have been sitting unused for a while.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,937 Likes on 4,816 Posts

Well stated but it will fall on deaf ears of the Kool Aid Drinkers.
The fact is many of us have tried it and found it wasn't for us for multiple reasons. The real issue that "chaps" someones azz is some people force feed that stuff down our throats and can't fathom the thought that what you use is not the best thing on the market not only for you but for everyone! It's simply best for the people that like and use it. Nothing more....nothing less. If you like it great but please stop with all the preaching. The last sentence may or may not pertain to you but it certainly does to a few.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 AM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Sounds like good ole capitalism to me!
I do, however, see a difference in "preaching" and passing on results about a great product. Isn't that what part of this forum is for?
I guess it comes down to the similar debate about who makes the best exhaust system for the C6?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Raazor

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Stevenyc777
I'm always detailing my cars and I want to give this a try..I use the quik wax first.? Buff it out? and then put the detailer on.?
yes.

Once it's waxed and buffed to a shine, mist the quick detailer on a section, wipe it with one cloth, dry it with another.

Get notified of new replies

To Quik Wax

Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by dvilin
Well stated but it will fall on deaf ears of the Kool Aid Drinkers.

Sounds like good ole capitalism to me!
I do, however, see a difference in "preaching" and passing on results about a great product. Isn't that what part of this forum is for?
I guess it comes down to the similar debate about who makes the best exhaust system for the C6?
I agree, it's fine to pass on results of a great product.. I think it just gets old when the same ol people come in a thread not really related to Zaino at all, and start the same gospel and preaching.. Not saying you are doing that, but it's the same few in EVERY thread about car care products. It doesn't matter if the thread is about Meguires, rejex, turtle wax or whatever.. we ALWAYS have to hear about Zaino over and over again.. gets very old.

Your analogy about the exhaust system is spot on There is no "best" exhaust system for the C6.. it's nice to have a variety to choose from, and everyone likes a different sound. Same thing with waxe/car care products there is no *best* , everyone likes using different products and gets the results they need
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
bearman95
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
P0234
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure have. I've been using it since 1998, back before there was ZFX, back before the Pro versions, back when it was Z1+Z2. I have some of the latest stuff sitting in my collection, including Z2Pro, Z5Pro with the corresponding ZFX and well as the real Zaino winner, ZAIO. In fact I just got done with a nice email conversation with Sal a few weeks ago about up and coming products llke Opticoat and C-quartz.

So have you tried out any other quality products?

FK1000P
Blackfire Wet Diamond
Wolfang Fuzion
Duragloss 111
Optimum Optiseal

So when you say I'm too cheap to spend $100 on a wax, would you like for me to take a picture of my collection of waxes and sealants that are all more expensive than Zaino? Maybe I can throw in a nice birdie in there for you?

Wake up, Zaino is a great product, but it is ABSOLUTELY not the best out there, not for shine, not for ease of use, not for protection. End of story.

Quick Reply: Quik Wax