C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

References Made to Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:03 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Yup, we have a great group here in the D/FW area.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
I don't think he really thought it was stock because he had the original or copies of the original invoices on the mods in his hands, so I think he was hoping to get some help on the repair BUT seems there was just one mod that really TURNED ANY WARRANTY AGAINST HIM WAS THE "TUNE", especially GM, and the tuner followed along. This is really what I understand in conversations on the invoices and GM denial, he was just hoping it might possibility work out for him. He resorted to: if you don't ask you don't get! He knew he had a big hill to climb. He is a very low keyed, friendly likeable fellow with a VERY good attitude, a type of friend most people would love to have. Simply, Jim is a great guy, period!

Thanks for rereading the posts to gather a better grasp of the subject.

I appreciate your upfront candor. The type of person I REALLY LIKE! HAVE A NICE DAY!

PS: I think MIKEYTX also knows Jim and has been to our GTG's many times and also I believe on some member's cruises (we are a casual GTG with NO dues, officers, etc., just good group of Vette owners (guys and gals) meeting weekly at ROSAS in Hurst , TX, see our group thread, the longest running in DFW area, over five years with JIM (BarneePhife) on the GTG thread, search GTG in SOUTHWEST. You will find BarneePhife on there.
I agree,Jim is a heck of a nice guy. He got his MGW from me shortly before his motor grenaded and we traded a few PM's about his motor woes.

And you're 100% correct. He only asked GM to consider helping with the repairs,not for a complete warranty situation,and the tune was what did him in.

Guess my memorys not what it used to be.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:54 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Welcome to the club!

Originally Posted by redzone
I agree,Jim is a heck of a nice guy. He got his MGW from me shortly before his motor grenaded and we traded a few PM's about his motor woes.

And you're 100% correct. He only asked GM to consider helping with the repairs,not for a complete warranty situation,and the tune was what did him in.

Guess my memorys not what it used to be.
Welcome to the club, we ALL seem to be getting that way with all the senior drivers of Corvettes with something like the average Corvette owner's age of 54 or so. Unfortunately, I'm older than that!

Quick Reply: References Made to Tune