C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really! Traction/Active handling Warning! Damm!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really! Traction/Active handling Warning! Damm!

Yep! Heres a new one for me, All has been good for 2 weeks now all of a sudden leaving the Vet office with my new puppy BOOM! Traction control and Active handling warning pops up, Really! I'm getting close to the end of my rope with GM, My Silverado's at the dealer getting a rear end put in as well. What happened to the days of cars just running right always. Hate to say this but my import car has never had a issue.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM
roscoe118
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does it say "warning" or "warming up"? If it says "warming up", that is perfectly normal...well at least on a C5 is was...
Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Vet
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by r2swift

...Hate to say this but my import car has never had a issue...
Sorry to hear about the problem.

In my experience, all my GM cars have been flawless and most of the imports in my family have had problems or quality control issues. It goes both ways I guess. My C6 has been flawless and is just a really outstanding vehicle in all regards.

Hope you are able to get your issue fixed quickly and easily.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Why does everyone that has a problem with a Vette have to post how their foreign cars are perfect? Getting tired of that comparison. Who are you trying to make feel bad or guilty by posting that? Us? GM????

For every person that does the same thing, the opposite is true also (Vette flawless, but other [insert foreign car here] car has had problems.

Sheesh.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:53 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by roscoe118
Does it say "warning" or "warming up"? If it says "warming up", that is perfectly normal...well at least on a C5 is was...
It's saying Warning, I'm just tired of the issues, I fix one and another pops up, I just want to drive not worry, I have put more than $16000 in this car after paying $27000 cash for it, I just want a brake already, I bought a used Mitsu 6 years ago not one problem I have owned my Silverado 3 months and rear end goes out, The vette 5 months, in the shop for 2 months and there is just issue after issue with it. Can't put all the blame on Gm knowing the old owner of my Vette was complete moron and I know most of what I have fixed was cleaning up his stupidity. I'm Sorry, just venting my wife won't care and I can't tell her I'm about to drop more coin into it. I need to go fishing and clear my head, I'm gonna drop it off at bill kay Chevy Monday and let them go through it. CHA! CHING! LOL!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 PM
r2swift
Instructor

What other comparison is there when u are talking about cars? ford,Chevy,dodge,toy,mitsu,Honda, lets see Compared a domestic to a domestic is oranges to oranges, compared mitsu to Toyota is apples to apples. Chevy to mitsu? now that shows how upset someone is. Welcome to the car wars buddy. Don't dwell on the statement Just try and understand the situation.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vet

In my experience, all my GM cars have been flawless and most of the imports in my family have had problems or quality control issues. It goes both ways I guess. My C6 has been flawless and is just a really outstanding vehicle in all regards.

Thank you, I know car is going to be perfect, I'm just tierd of spending my fun money to fix this car, but one day it will be as good as new.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by r2swift
Yep! Heres a new one for me, All has been good for 2 weeks now all of a sudden leaving the Vet office with my new puppy BOOM! Traction control and Active handling warning pops up, Really! I'm getting close to the end of my rope with GM, My Silverado's at the dealer getting a rear end put in as well. What happened to the days of cars just running right always. Hate to say this but my import car has never had a issue.
Do you telescope the steering wheel in and out often?
Old 09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by cclive
no never it hasn't worked since I have owned it, I'm 6' 2" seat back all the way steering wheel all the way in as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
BLU JET 07
Racer

I had the same thing happen on my '07 with 29K on the clock when I adjust the telescoping steering wheel and move it up and down and/or in & out to get out of the car. I had the issue fixed in '09 with a steering wheel column clip ( there is a TSB for it ) that was forgotten during the build & it worked well until this summer now the problem is back again.... go figure
Old 09-13-2011, 05:35 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Unfortunately not all GM cars are problem free and in your case with what you have poured into it I would be very upset. I would probably dump it and move on.
One thing I can not take is having one quality issue after another. I am lucky I guess you could say as I have not had one single issue with my 2008 Vette.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by dvilin
Unfortunately not all GM cars are problem free and in your case with what you have poured into it I would be very upset. I would probably dump it and move on.
One thing I can not take is having one quality issue after another. I am lucky I guess you could say as I have not had one single issue with my 2008 Vette.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Thank you, you see my point, I think I need to find away to liquefy a bunch of cash and wash the car in it. LOL!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:01 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

you also have a highly modified car, problems come with the territory
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
you also have a highly modified car, problems come with the territory
I'm sure to some degree but why after this long would those issues come up, Yesterday I got in it really hard maybe i busted a shock. I wish i was a vette tech, 23 years turning wrenches and this car puzzles me at every turn.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

You could take a shock out and it wouldn't cause that kind of warning...
Old 09-13-2011, 09:29 PM
bearman95
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned three new vette's and three new silvarado's in the last ten years, no problems with any of them. But if you feel imports are better then maybe that's what you should be driving.

Last edited by bearman95; 09-14-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 PM
blkvet6
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet

My GM cars have been flawless also. Sorry to hear about the OP's problems, but it's certainly not the usual case.

Get notified of new replies

To Really! Traction/Active handling Warning! Damm!

Old 09-13-2011, 10:13 PM
St.Char
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
There is a TSB...I have also found that limiting the amount of telescope of the wheel and do not apply pressure to the wheel when you first start the car, it will also minimize the problem. Of course...you can just turn the car off and it will reset.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by bearman95
I have owned three new vetted and three new silvarado's in the last ten years, no problems with any of them. But if you feels imports are better then maybe that's what you should be driving.
Really! thats all u have to offer, put that back in your hate box. I was making a point about another issue, sometimes it's best if have nothing to add stay out of the discussion. But I should thank u for your wise input, A glad to know u have such great luck with your vehicles.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:25 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by St.Char
There is a TSB...I have also found that limiting the amount of telescope of the wheel and do not apply pressure to the wheel when you first start the car, it will also minimize the problem. Of course...you can just turn the car off and it will reset.
I hope it's going to be something easy, If there is such a thing on a corvette, LOL!

Quick Reply: Really! Traction/Active handling Warning! Damm!