C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bose stereo in 2012's

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
raysk
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear the system is upgraded for 2012. Many posts critical of the system in prior year C6's were due to no high frequency, and poor sub's. Looks like both these issues were addressed in the new system. plus some other high tech stuff that may or may not make a difference. wonder what the microphone in the cabin does, and how that adjusts the sound? i'm sure the new unit will still fall short of a custom install, but if it's a decent sounding system, i'll be happy. don't want to drown out the sound of the Corsa's i'm getting anyway.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Bose Sound System for the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette

Bose has enhanced its sound system for the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette -- continuing the tradition of providing premium audio for the iconic sports car since 1983. Using proprietary analytic tools, digital signal processing and six channels of custom equalization, the Bose system is more precisely tuned for the unique acoustics of the Corvette’s interior –- and includes technologies to deliver more lifelike audio across the entire frequency range.

Rich low notes are delivered from newly designed, 10-inch proprietary Nd woofers. Engineered with a larger, neodymium magnet and improved materials, they can play deeper and louder than previous Nd woofers, and perform more consistently over time –- without taking up additional vehicle space.

Each Nd woofer is optimized to work with a tweeter and mid-range speaker to form a 3-way front speaker configuration reproducing music with improved clarity and a wider soundstage. A mid-range centerfill speaker, located in the instrument panel, creates a more precise center image. Two wide-range speakers, concealed in the side panels, add to the immersive listening experience. And even when played at loud volume levels, the system performs with precision and clarity –- and there is no audible distortion.

The Bose system for the Corvette features improved AudioPilot noise compensation technology. This helps to more precisely account for the effects of vehicle speed and preserve the listening experience when the Corvette is cruising on rough surfaces, where road and wind noise are most noticeable. Using a built-in microphone, Bose enhanced digital signal processing and proprietary compensation algorithms, Bose AudioPilot technology monitors the sound levels inside the vehicle, analyzes unwanted noise, and adjusts the music to reduce its effect. It’s automatic and allows for faster, more effective compensation.

The Bose system in the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette will be available as an option. For more information on Bose automotive systems and technologies visit www.Bose.com/automotive.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:04 PM
raysk
Racer

thanks, coolkat. the link has some videos that explain the new technology. i'm excited. sounds like the new system is going to be pretty good. anyone have a 2012 with the new Bose yet who can give us a personal opinion?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:21 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

If you put a great system in a bad environment it will sound like chit.
My Hyundai Elantra's sound is leaps and bounds better than the base corvette's I test drove. I am hoping the 2012's with the bose will be better.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,363 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by PittMD1
If you put a great system in a bad environment it will sound like chit.
We made a major improvement in our 2009 Bose sound by:
1. Ditch the XM and use PAL/Ipod or CD's.
2. Replace Goodyear tires with Michelins (PS2 are quieter, A/S are even better).
3. Install Blockit sound mats (drop-in installation).

It could still be a lot better, but our changes moved it up from "awful" to "mediocre".

I too would be interested in installing the 2012 system, but I've heard it's not practical. Someone said that even the nav/radio unit needs to be replaced.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

My Bose system with the PAL sounds great in my 3LZ.

I'm a Bose man: 301, Docking station and Life Style music system.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 AM
samuelfcampbell2003
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you test the Bass, Trebbile and Midraneg Options seperately Samuelfcampbell2003

So did you test midrange vocals as well as balance options?

Originally Posted by CaryBob
The woofers are also new for 2012, as is the overall speaker tuning.

I found a very distinct difference between a 2010 GS and my 2012 GS when playing my iPod music test playlist. Much deeper and louder bass is obvious, and my impression is that it delivers a richer, fuller sound overall.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Hate to break it to ya but this thread is 8 years old. Chances are the guy probably does not own his Vette.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:16 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
Hate to break it to ya but this thread is 8 years old. Chances are the guy probably does not own his Vette.
7 years, 5 months. Lets be fair!

Quick Reply: New bose stereo in 2012's