C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another FOB Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
ricknyc23
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another FOB Question

FOB #1 works only when locking/unlocking the doors. I get FOB not detected when I try to start the car. If i put it in the glove box, the car starts up fine. I replaced the battery in the FOB, but that didn't help. Does it just need re-programming?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

No. If it needed reprogramming, it would not be able to lock/unlock the doors. Something in your pocket or something in the car is causing it to be unable to be detected by the car's internal antennas. It could also be the antennas themselves.

Also, if it needed reprogramming, it wouldn't be able to start the car when placed in the slot.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
ricknyc23
Melting Slicks

Where are the antenna's?
if was the antennas, wouldn't i have a problem with fob #2 as well?

Originally Posted by JimTN
No. If it needed reprogramming, it would not be able to lock/unlock the doors. Something in your pocket or something in the car is causing it to be unable to be detected by the car's internal antennas. It could also be the antennas themselves.

Also, if it needed reprogramming, it wouldn't be able to start the car when placed in the slot.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

If fob #2 works okay, then it's probably not the antennas. It's more likely the electronics in fob #1. Wouldn't hurt to have the local dealer check the fob (they can do that). Might need a new fob.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 PM
ricknyc23
Melting Slicks

that what I was thinking. Since #2 is working fine, and I had no other electronics near me, and I changed the battery, my thinking is also that the FOB is no good...

Originally Posted by JimTN
If fob #2 works okay, then it's probably not the antennas. It's more likely the electronics in fob #1. Wouldn't hurt to have the local dealer check the fob (they can do that). Might need a new fob.

Get notified of new replies

To Another FOB Question

Quick Reply: Another FOB Question