C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really bright c6 high beams?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
abstruse1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Really bright c6 high beams?

My 2009 Z06 has what appear to be HID low beams, but the high beams aren't very impressive and they have a typical non-HID yellow tint. Does anyone make a kit or replacement lights for the high beams?

I've searched the forum a lot, and Googled this, but to no avail. Seems like there are lots more headlight options for the C5s.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

You can try an aftermarket halogen that's tinted in an attempt to emulate the bluer color temperature of the 4300K HID low beams.

There are numerous HID replacements that you can install as your high beams, but they aren't normally recommended because you lose the flash-to-pass capability of the instant-on halogens.

HID fog lamps are a significant upgrade in lighting as well.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,953 Likes on 5,345 Posts

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
You can try an aftermarket halogen that's tinted in an attempt to emulate the bluer color temperature of the 4300K HID low beams.

There are numerous HID replacements that you can install as your high beams, but they aren't normally recommended because you lose the flash-to-pass capability of the instant-on halogens.

HID fog lamps are a significant upgrade in lighting as well.
It is more than flash to pass. The HIDs just don't respond fast enough when you need high beams NOW.

Bill
Old 12-01-2011, 10:58 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I installed the highest priced silver stars in mine and they look pretty decent but then I rarely ever use the high beams.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by abstruse1
My 2009 Z06 has what appear to be HID low beams, but the high beams aren't very impressive and they have a typical non-HID yellow tint. Does anyone make a kit or replacement lights for the high beams?

I've searched the forum a lot, and Googled this, but to no avail. Seems like there are lots more headlight options for the C5s.
We are about to release out high beam HID kit. PM if you'd like to order them now

Get notified of new replies

To Really bright c6 high beams?

Quick Reply: Really bright c6 high beams?