C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield wiper removal-permanently

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Does the state of CA have annual inspection? In most states whatever comes from the factory must function upon inspection.
no it does not. The only time there is a safety inspection is if you brought a car in from another state or if you try to register a car that was salvaged and both of these are one time deal with no follow ups. Even if you were a subject to the annual inspection, it does not seem as a complicated surgery to put them back on. I think black rubber or plastic plugs would be a better choice though than the billet nipples... No doubt in my mind the car will look better. I gotta do the same thing on my Z06, not just on the base. None of my vettes has ever seen rain or will be seeing rain, might as well make it look better. Seems like one of the cheapest appearance mods around. Beats shaving off antennas on other cars...
Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 PM
coolsrt8
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
why not start your own thread about it then? This way, you can crap on it and troll as much as you want
If you are going to post a ridiculas thread like this, you need to develop a sense of humor
Old 12-08-2011, 07:06 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by coolsrt8
If you are going to post a ridiculas thread like this, you need to develop a sense of humor
There is nothing rediculous about removing my windshield wipers when I never drive the car in the rain, perfectly legitimate. No doubt there are people seeing switching from run flats to non run flat tires as rediculous as well, I bet this one is OK with you even though vette does not have a spare.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
coolsrt8
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There is nothing rediculous about removing my windshield wipers when I never drive the car in the rain, perfectly legitimate. No doubt there are people seeing switching from run flats to non run flat tires as rediculous as well, I bet this one is OK with you even though vette does not have a spare.
Roadside assistance
Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by coolsrt8
Roadside assistance
Are you familiar with Rain X?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
florida john
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is a joke, right??
Old 12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,143 Likes on 712 Posts

Don't think I have ever looked at a vette and thought it would look better without visible wiper arms.

My '69 had the famous sporadically-operational vacuum assist wiper door that concealed the wipers. Could stop working at any time and leave me out in the rain. Like might happen to you unless the are the only meteoroligist who can accurately predict a unexpected thundershower.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:39 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by C6ToGo
Don't think I have ever looked at a vette and thought it would look better without visible wiper arms.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
ddanis60
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too many closed minded people around here. its easier just to ignore them sometimes then to feed them.

I think a lot of cars look much better without wipers. I've removed them from a few of mine in the past. hell.. ive driven through storms in a car I had rainx'ed so well, i didnt even need to turn on the wipers that were installed and working perfectly. post pics when you're done!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default 26706 California Vehicle Code - Windshield wipers

Has anyone done this? Never plan to drive in the rain, curious if anyone took them off, how and if anything is needed to dress up the missing space...I searched but did not find anything.
Originally Posted by Larry/car
Why would you want to do this? Your state might have a say in that they will not license you car with out wipers.
California Windshield wiper law as follows:

"§ 26706 California Vehicle Code - Windshield wipers

(a) Every motor vehicle, except motorcycles, equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a self-operating windshield wiper.

(b) Every new motor vehicle first registered after December 31, 1949, except motorcycles, shall be equipped with two such windshield wipers, one mounted on the right half and one on the left half of the windshield, except that any motor vehicle may be equipped with a single wiper so long as it meets the wiped area requirements in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Governing Windshield Wiping and Washing Systems.

(c) This section does not apply to snow removal equipment equipped with adequate manually operated windshield wipers.

CREDIT(S)

(Stats.1959, c. 3, p. 1736, § 26706. Amended by Stats.1959, c. 1635, p. 4006, § 2; Stats.1963, c. 2149, p. 4488, § 19; Stats.1978, c. 196, p. 435, § 1.)"

http://sandiegoticketking.com/index....ld-wipers.html
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Tin Star
Burning Brakes

Location: Amelia Island,FL ______ or DFW _________ Sold my 05 MS Coupe ____ bought 08 Vert Blk/JSB, 3LT, F55

Originally Posted by RJRSW
California Windshield wiper law as follows:

"§ 26706 California Vehicle Code - Windshield wipers

(a) Every motor vehicle, except motorcycles, equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a self-operating windshield wiper.

(b) Every new motor vehicle first registered after December 31, 1949, except motorcycles, shall be equipped with two such windshield wipers, one mounted on the right half and one on the left half of the windshield, except that any motor vehicle may be equipped with a single wiper so long as it meets the wiped area requirements in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Governing Windshield Wiping and Washing Systems.

(c) This section does not apply to snow removal equipment equipped with adequate manually operated windshield wipers.

CREDIT(S)

(Stats.1959, c. 3, p. 1736, § 26706. Amended by Stats.1959, c. 1635, p. 4006, § 2; Stats.1963, c. 2149, p. 4488, § 19; Stats.1978, c. 196, p. 435, § 1.)"

http://sandiegoticketking.com/index....ld-wipers.html

The fruits and nuts in Kali don't care about no stinkin' law....It's all about "ME".
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't plan on putting "GAS" in my car again, can I get a tip on a good body shop to seal and cover my gas cap ??

Also I don't plan on losing AIR from my tires, can I remove the valve stems??

Oh also I don't drive after sunset, any suggestions on removing the headlights, and making it look more "aerodynamic ??

Thanks for any help...
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ddanis60
too many closed minded people around here. its easier just to ignore them sometimes then to feed them.

I think a lot of cars look much better without wipers. I've removed them from a few of mine in the past. hell.. ive driven through storms in a car I had rainx'ed so well, i didnt even need to turn on the wipers that were installed and working perfectly. post pics when you're done!
Absolutely agreed, they are like a flock of old laidies bytching and moaning because someone decided to do something they either did not think about or cannot relate to... Each to their own. You and very few others get the idea what I had in mind.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Has anyone done this? Never plan to drive in the rain, curious if anyone took them off, how and if anything is needed to dress up the missing space...I searched but did not find anything.
That's a retarded idea...sorry.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
VetteCop29
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just when I thought I'd heard it all.....
Maybe someone out there is never going to make a left turn...."anyone know how to remove the left turn signal?"....better yet, "I never plan to drive at night, can you tell me if anyone had remove their headlights for a smoother look?"
Wow.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by florida john
This thread is a joke, right??
should be... thought it might be... but apparently it's not...

Originally Posted by SilverScorp
That's a retarded idea...sorry.
and apparently you can't stop retards from driving a Vette
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield wiper removal-permanently

Old 12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Tin Star
The fruits and nuts in Kali don't care about no stinkin' law....It's all about "ME".
Show the pic of your car with the front license plate or shut the eff up. Start living by what you preach first, what a bunch of closed minded hypocrites. Uneffing believable.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Tin Star
Burning Brakes

Location: Amelia Island,FL ______ or DFW _________ Sold my 05 MS Coupe ____ bought 08 Vert Blk/JSB, 3LT, F55

Show the pic of your car with the front license plate or shut the eff up. Start living by what you preach first, what a bunch of closed minded hypocrites. Uneffing believable.

Can't show my front plate....not required to have one
Old 12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I took mine off the second day I had my car...been 2 years. I just put black rubber caps over the threaded ends. The look is WAY cleaner and I gain 2mph top speed. Lol. When Im not on my phone Ill post pics.

Quick Reply: Windshield wiper removal-permanently