C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who can provide feedback on QA1 coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 02:37 PM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Who can provide feedback on QA1 coilovers?

I've seen people state that they have them in a variety of coilover threads but no one has actually said how they feel about their purchase. I'm undertaking a project to eliminate wheel hop and am installing pfadt trans mounts, but I just don't have 2300 dollars to spend on coilovers. The QA1s come in at nearly 1/4 of the price. I'm not asking if they're as good as the pfadts, I know they're not, but are they worth it?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Only thing I have seen is one member had lots of problems with them clunking. The top of the coilover was hitting the mounting bracket and the bracket did not seem to match the orientation of the shock.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 PM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Yes but it is my understanding that the design has since been revised. The member that posted that, I believe, had his problem resolved when the manufacturer sent him the updated parts.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Ah, OK then. I'm with you, in for recent results.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have them in my personal car, so can't give you "seat of the pants" information. We do sell them, I'd say a few dozen sets in the last few months, without a single complaint. Everyone emails or calls to say how happy they are with them.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

I can't give any feed back about using them on the corvetts, but I have used them on the F-bodies. My review of them is as follows: They do work good for drag racing, but they don't do that great on the street. You set them up and after driving on them for about an hour or so and they need to be re-adjusted. I chalk this up to them heating up etc... But other than that they did work. I took them off cause I couldn't stand the street maners, but they may react differently on a vette with the weight being a little less and depening on what your doing with your car. I know most of the people that had simular complaints about them ended up with the AFCO's with an external resivor, but they were more expensive. Take that for what its worth, just thought I'd give you the experience I had with them etc...
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GS-Zero
Yes but it is my understanding that the design has since been revised. The member that posted that, I believe, had his problem resolved when the manufacturer sent him the updated parts.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ilovers-4.html

Yes, I received the updated parts. If you don't mind firm rides, then these are worth it. I'm still not 100% happy with them, but I also don't like a harsh ride. I've updated my thread.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 AM
4MuscleMachines
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inspector12
I can't give any feed back about using them on the corvetts, but I have used them on the F-bodies. My review of them is as follows: They do work good for drag racing, but they don't do that great on the street. You set them up and after driving on them for about an hour or so and they need to be re-adjusted. I chalk this up to them heating up etc... But other than that they did work. I took them off cause I couldn't stand the street maners, but they may react differently on a vette with the weight being a little less and depening on what your doing with your car. I know most of the people that had simular complaints about them ended up with the AFCO's with an external resivor, but they were more expensive. Take that for what its worth, just thought I'd give you the experience I had with them etc...
My experience is similar after using 3 sets on different cars. Also mine were prone to leaking after a year.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

from the writeup on qa, do you have concerns about "street ride?"
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

I would also like to get an update on these, have looked at a lot of threads, some where negative, would rather spend a few extra rupees and get a quality product.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
blaplant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Same here from the previous threads i am thinking if springing for the LG or Pfadt due to street manners. Any thoughts or new reviews???
Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are some things in life in which you get absolutely what you pay for. We don't do testing with competitors products, but we can say that without a doubt you get what you pay for with a Pfadt Race Engineering Coilover package. The premium in price is more than made up for by quality construction, clever engineering and customer support.

We love the FeatherLight Single Adjustable coilovers for street cars, and we know that everyone who purchases them does too!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

GR86SS I have to ask which spring rates you have? 450,550 or 650?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
GR86SS I have to ask which spring rates you have? 450,550 or 650?
I have the 450 in the front and the 550 in the rear. I had QA1 swap out the 450 in the rears when they had the rear coil overs in to retro-fit the spherical bearing into the eyelet. I did so to try and get rid of the Pogo effect when I hit large swells/dips at freeway speeds. It didn't help that problem, and I can feel the difference in the low speed ride quality.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the double adjustable rear, but really upset that these aren't working out for my street driving with the single adjustable rears....

I'd like to hear from the other forum members that have purchased the QA1s and how their ride is on the streets....

I have the front and rear shocks set at 6. I tried going to stiffer settings, but the ride is just way to stiff/harsh for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Who can provide feedback on QA1 coilovers?

Quick Reply: Who can provide feedback on QA1 coilovers?