C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newly Designed C6 (C06) Rear Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
jmac2009
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Don't sweat it, almost every body shop is the same way. Whatever they tell you add 2-3 weeks to it.. Most of us on here have had the same run arounds, so don't let it get you upset. Just be patient, (it's hard I know) and you will forget about it when you pick up your car.
Enjoy
David
Exactly what David said. I use a top shop here in Dallas but when they say a week, they really mean 2 weeks. Everthing they have done has been great quality work but twice as long for everything they do.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
gp2race
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Feedback

Can't wait to see photos of the new look. To finish off the C06 wide booty. Next item, you gotta get the front spoiler/splitter combo and side skirts.

Last edited by gp2race; 04-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:17 AM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default c06 widebooty flat black vette

Originally Posted by darknit
So I dropped off my car and the new fenders at the body shop on monday, March 26th... Was told they were gonna start on it that wednesday, and that it would be ready for me to pick up the following wednesday(yesterday, the 4th)... So I call the body shop on tuesday to confirm it would be done and get the run around that it wouldn't be done tell friday now... So I call the body shop today to make sure it will be done tommorow and now I get some excuse about them having problems getting the clear mixed right and that it won't be done tell sometime next week... So now I'm getting upset, like steaming MAD, and unfortunately the body shop is 140 miles away, so I can't just run by and see whats going on... GRRRRRRR... I can't imagine why this should have taken any more then 2 or 3 days... Should have just done it myself I guess... Can't hardly trust anyone these days...
Picked up my car yesterday, and go figure, they messed up the paint job... The clear coat is not nearly as flat as previous paint job, and it makes me sick to even look at my car in this condition... i'm so upset, and the body shop guys seriously thought they did an awesome job... they think the fenders and bumper that they painted look better then previous paint job... they are so wrong, and i'm so disappointed, that I don't think I even trust them enough anymore to take it back to them...

but on a good note, fenders look amazing, thank you Jack...

z06 sized spyder replicas, fronts are c6 offset though... 275/325 goodyears... Love how much better the car corners... probably need to lower it a little bit now...

Last edited by darknit; 04-15-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Now THAT is one clean looking widebody. The lines are beautiful - and it doesn't look like it has truck fenders on it like..............well............the other widebody's. Absolutely fantastic looking, and not a dime a dozen look either.

Sorry to hear about your paint situation, that sucks. If it's that bad to you, don't pay them until either they do it properly - or take it elsewhere. Best of luck regarding the paint aspect.

Man - those lines are awesome. Incredible, clean look!!!

darknit;1580551588]Picked up my car yesterday, and go figure, they messed up the paint job... The clear coat is not nearly as flat as previous paint job, and it makes me sick to even look at my car in this condition... i'm so upset, and the body shop guys seriously thought they did an awesome job... they think the fenders and bumper that they painted look better then previous paint job... they are so wrong, and i'm so disappointed, that I don't think I even trust them enough anymore to take it back to them...

z06 sized spyder replicas, fronts are c6 offset though... Love how much better the car corners... probably need to lower it a little bit now...

Last edited by Fly'n Family; 04-14-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Res1cue
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly'n Family
Now THAT is one clean looking widebody. The lines are beautiful - and it doesn't look like it has truck fenders on it like..............well............the other widebody's. Absolutely fantastic looking, and not a dime a dozen look either.

Sorry to hear about your paint situation, that sucks. If it's that bad to you, don't pay them until either they do it properly - or take it elsewhere. Best of luck regarding the paint aspect.

Man - those lines are awesome. Incredible, clean look!!!
Who knows, maybe the Satin look will start a new trend.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Originally Posted by Res1cue
Who knows, maybe the Satin look will start a new trend.
Satin doesn't do much for me, but I have been seeing more and more cars with satin.

But, the lines with those rear fenders are amazing. IMO, cleanest looking wide body I've seen - amazing GM didn't do this initially.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Res1cue
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly'n Family
Satin doesn't do much for me, but I have been seeing more and more cars with satin.

But, the lines with those rear fenders are amazing. IMO, cleanest looking wide body I've seen - amazing GM didn't do this initially.
Yea, I am still looking at my C06 fenders in the spare bedroom. Need to get started soon.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Presidentialpawn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could have resprayed it with some more flattening agent added to the formula. Not a big deal.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:23 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

And they hammered the fitment of the front bumper too. Why the hell does it come up around the headlights like that?

Last edited by 4GS7; 04-16-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:52 PM
RULEMKR
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Wow! Those panels do look great.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
And they hammered the fitment of the front bumper too. Why the hell does it come up around the headlights like that?

But overall the car looks pretty Badd@$$$
Old 04-15-2012, 12:10 AM
yojack1
Racer

Picked up my car yesterday, and go figure, they messed up the paint job... The clear coat is not nearly as flat as previous paint job, and it makes me sick to even look at my car in this condition... i'm so upset, and the body shop guys seriously thought they did an awesome job... they think the fenders and bumper that they painted look better then previous paint job... they are so wrong, and i'm so disappointed, that I don't think I even trust them enough anymore to take it back to them...

z06 sized spyder replicas, fronts are c6 offset though... Love how much better the car corners... probably need to lower it a little bit now...

Carter, from the pics the car is looking great and it looks like they did a nice job blending in the gas door but you can't stop now.

With whatever vendor you chose, this car would be complete with some kind of ground effects package. Try to image my car with your paint job. With the matte black polymer splitter/skirts and matte black rear diffuser winglet it would make your car look like some kind of low flying F17 stealth fighter. Maybe a deck spoiler, big red brakes then lower it an inch and look out, WOW!

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your project. Keep those pics coming.

Jack

Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 AM
geewez
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 119 Posts

Looking good Jack. Now if only your car was black.....
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by doje
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

With whatever vendor you chose, this car would be complete with some kind of ground effects package. Try to image my car with your paint job. With the matte black polymer splitter/skirts and matte black rear diffuser winglet it would make your car look like some kind of low flying F17 stealth fighter. Maybe a deck spoiler, big red brakes then lower it an inch and look out, WOW!

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your project. Keep those pics coming.

Jack
We'll know if it has that "look" soon. The only difference will be my splitter/skirts/diffuser/wing are all CF to offset the JSB. Also 275/345's on piano blk F14's to accomodate the bbk - in red of course. The longest part of the wait is the front wheels due to their large custom offset.

Love the clean/blended look of the panels.

Last edited by Fly'n Family; 04-15-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 AM
yojack1
Racer

I would check to see if the clips at the very front of the fenders are either missing or disengaged. The bumper will not sit flat at this junction unless the bumper slides from the top down onto the clip, locking it into position (see pics).

So if you can push the bumper up and down at this junction, it's not attached to the front fender.

Jack

Old 04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by yojack1
I would check to see if the clips at the very front of the fenders are either missing or disengaged. The bumper will not sit flat at this junction unless the bumper slides from the top down onto the clip, locking it into position (see pics).

So if you can push the bumper up and down at this junction, it's not attached to the front fender.

Jack

Alright Jack, you're starting to scare me. Tell me you didn't just spend the morning disassembling the front end of your car to demonstrate it to darknit.

Get notified of new replies

To Newly Designed C6 (C06) Rear Fenders

Old 04-15-2012, 03:28 PM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, my bumper was poped out of those clips, and keeps coming back out, kind of frustrating...

kind of waiting on supervettes to build newly designed front bumper or the geiger front bumper, but dont like the idea of having less or no options on a front lip...?

i definitely want to get lower ground effects all the way around; when you gonna start building them jack? Or is there any companies you recomend?

Also liking the zr1 extreme or blade style prototype spoilers from supervettes...

And i definitely want higher rise hood with side vents...

Everything will be painted flat black wether carbon fiber or fiberglass parts...

Just found out yesterday that work is cutting overtime, so be little slower process now...
Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Formuhawk99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any new news, pics, etc. Want to pull the trigger on these but was hoping the hear/see more info from the early adoptors. Looking for more finished product shots. Anything?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 PM
gp2race
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Geewez----white headlamps

Quick Reply: Newly Designed C6 (C06) Rear Fenders