C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reasonable offer accepted!! 2011 Corvette's must get delivered...call Mike Furman

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Andrew6
I'm waitin' on the grammer **** to pop out and say, "no keyboard for you." Mike I wish you the best of luck with your sells. Looks like y'all got a heck of a selection working over there. If I didn't love my '08 so much I'd probably look ya up.
- Disclaimer - I have a Mississippi education, so I get a free pass :LOL:
Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your ride to the fullest!!

Mike
Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

It takes all kinds, doesn't it. Have a great day!

Mike

Last edited by steve miller; 02-19-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: comment on vendor bash
Old 02-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default see pictures:Great to have selection. Most focus groups say its #1!

This is what over 100+ New Corvette's look like to choose from. Whether you choose a new 2011 or a new 2012...It's great to have a big selection. I guess that was the point of my original post. I deal in High Volume not High Profit...and certainly not proper grammar! I will promise the experience and super low pricing will be well worth the time and effort to call/email me. Mike Furman 301 212 4420 mfurman@criswellauto.com I am off Fridays and Sundays but will make appts if needed. 70% of my customers are repeat or referrals!
We ship Nationwide. www.criswellcorvette.com
**And as I said, for every new 2011 purchased from now until the end of April I will personally will donate $50 to the Corvette Museum.

I visited Fenway Park for the 1st time this past September. In the middle of the 5th inning...this is what came up on the scoreboard!...and I am located in Maryland and I root for the Washington Nationals!

Wonders never cease.
Then in June of 2011 I was in the pits at LeMans.

If you ever get the opportunity to attend the 24 hrs of Lemans Race...DO IT! I won this trip for my wife and I in a National Corvette Sales Contest. I was very fortunate and had a blast!

Mike
Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

I've read through this entire thread twice to make sure I had an opportunity to digest everything that has been written. I am truly at a loss. Frankly, I'm disgusted at some of the things that I see. I've been an active member of this forum for nearly 10 years. Over that time I've met some great folks, had a chance to help a few people with various issues and further my passion for the Corvette.

This forum has always been the best place on the net to learn and share in our hobby and passion over these amazing automobiles but it has become a place where too many feel empowered to criticize and critique with reckless abandon. I was raised to always attempt to understand the person and show a little tolerance realizing that things aren't always as they appear.

I'm very proud to call Mike Furman a friend. It angers me that people can simply attack without consideration or remorse. I was simply raised that if I didn't have something good to say, don't say anything at all and a few members may be well served to understand and practice that approach.

The world could do a lot worse than the likes of Mike and could certainly do a lot better than some of what I've read in these few pages. For those of you who have achieved perfection in your lives, I applaud you as you truly are a cut above but bandying it about like some charm on a bracelet in the face of others is weak minded and petty at the very least.

Paul
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by talon90
I've read through this entire thread twice to make sure I had an opportunity to digest everything that has been written. I am truly at a loss. Frankly, I'm disgusted at some of the things that I see. I've been an active member of this forum for nearly 10 years. Over that time I've met some great folks, had a chance to help a few people with various issues and further my passion for the Corvette.

This forum has always been the best place on the net to learn and share in our hobby and passion over these amazing automobiles but it has become a place where too many feel empowered to criticize and critique with reckless abandon. I was raised to always attempt to understand the person and show a little tolerance realizing that things aren't always as they appear.

I'm very proud to call Mike Furman a friend. It angers me that people can simply attack without consideration or remorse. I was simply raised that if I didn't have something good to say, don't say anything at all and a few members may be well served to understand and practice that approach.

The world could do a lot worse than the likes of Mike and could certainly do a lot better than some of what I've read in these few pages. For those of you who have achieved perfection in your lives, I applaud you as you truly are a cut above but bandying it about like some charm on a bracelet in the face of others is weak minded and petty at the very least.

Paul
The funny thing about our friendship is that we have never even met! Our passion for Corvettes is what brought us together right here on this Forum approx 7 yrs ago. Both of us have leaned on each other for answers to help our fellow enthusiasts. Sounds like a simple plan of which most Forum's started their business plan.
Thanks for the kind words Paul.

Mike
Old 02-17-2012, 08:31 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,891 Likes on 1,913 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Paul
Paul I must say that you have helped way more than a few members here.
And I agree with everything you said.

Mike I wish you the best and thank you for everything you do for the Corvette community.

And I must say I like the way you responded in this thread. No need to sink to that level.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Paul
Paul, it disgusted me too, when I read his posts, I had to re read to make sure that was what I actually read.
I can pretty much say with certainty, that most here would not say face to face what they write online.
Mike, if I am ever in need of a new Vette I will be flying up to visit my daughter and driving back in one from you. I'd need a ride from BWI though
David
Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'm trying hard not to say anything that's offensive to someone (like one poster), or too defensive of someone...like Mike. Oh what the heck!~...

Truly, you don't HAVE to be from Maryland to buy a car or a Corvette from Mike. His reputation has not only followed him to the few places where he's worked, but so has his clientele. (Note: big word, spelled correctly)

And, by word of mouth and reputation, his clientele continues to increase, both geographically and numerically---not just because of price-point (a technical term). In some businesses, that's called "building your book," or in days past, your Rolodex of clients/customers who you can call on, and who will call you first. Mike's "book" is very large.

Now, he is a Forum vendor and gets even more "viewership" and I guess scrutiny, too. Oh well....I guess he'll just have to make the time to spell/structure sentences correctly. And that will happen in place of* giving advice, answering questions on CARS and CORVETTES and being a genuine person first who helps someone to buy a car.

Yes, I said "helps" because the vast majority of buyers don't know what they want, or what's available. Is this a charitable service? No, it is called mutually-beneficial. Don't laugh too hard because there is always something "we" don't know, all of us.

After all, and just for fun, I bet there aren't 10 people on this Forum who know what is, or what it actually means to have the D30 option on our Corvettes (or what it costs). I do. Because I learned about it really fast (grammar?) in May, '07....for my own personal use, but available to all others.

Mike helped me with that.

*You all know what I mean by taking time to do one thing vs. another: taking that one call that's waiting for you, or returning that one call (maybe yours) in a timely manner. Or after working hours so that it gets done the same day. Because after all, there are only so many minutes in a day, every day, right?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
GRG
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I regularly give people slack for whatever their short comings may be as I know as do many that I too am not perfect. This is a quote directly from the Bible (maybe).
Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Coolness
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW Mike,

Your LeMans trip looked amazing, what access. Good luck with the sales!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Gerdia
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was in the market I would not care how he worded his advertisement, as long as "savings, quality, and a good experience" is what I received. Come on now people! or certain people, lets get real.

Gerry

Last edited by steve miller; 02-19-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling, see I learned.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Well in a roundabout way rocket to his head has helped Mike by keeping this thread to the top of the page

Look no punctuation
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,891 Likes on 1,913 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Well in a roundabout way rocket to his head has helped Mike by keeping this thread to the top of the page

Look no punctuation
Old 02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Mike is a great car guy!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rocketboy Rant

Personally I was imbarassed by his post; we are all supposed to be friends here and brothers of the Corvette hobby. Mike seems like a true car guy and dedicated to the Corvette hobby I would be glad to do business with him in the future. So keep up the good work Mike our car hobby needs more guys like you. As far as Rocketboy is concerned don't sweat him he reminds me of a seagull; Squalks, Eats and Sh#@$
Old 02-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by JC6
Mike is a great car guy!
Thanks JC.

Mike
Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by yeller z06
No, you're not alone. It bugs the crap out of me too. But unlike you, I'm not going to blast people for doing it.

In Mike's case, he surely doesn't mean to upset us, and I won't hold it against him although I would expect an extra discount if I had to read too many of his emails while working out a deal...
Extra $500 discount when you buy a Corvette from me! Thanks for the support.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Any reasonable offer accepted!! 2011 Corvette's must get delivered...call Mike Furman

Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by jimb100
Its a shame. I'll bet Porsche dealers don't use bad grammar.
They do if you say Porsche wrong! Funny you mention Porsche though, we have taken in trade 3 Porsche's in the last week on 3 different Corvette's! That's always a good sign.

Mike
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by 66CorvetteCoupe
Personally I was imbarassed by his post; we are all supposed to be friends here and brothers of the Corvette hobby. Mike seems like a true car guy and dedicated to the Corvette hobby I would be glad to do business with him in the future. So keep up the good work Mike our car hobby needs more guys like you. As far as Rocketboy is concerned don't sweat him he reminds me of a seagull; Squalks, Eats and Sh#@$
Now that's funny!

Mike
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by AORoads
I'm trying hard not to say anything that's offensive to someone (like one poster), or too defensive of someone...like Mike. Oh what the heck!~...

Truly, you don't HAVE to be from Maryland to buy a car or a Corvette from Mike. His reputation has not only followed him to the few places where he's worked, but so has his clientele. (Note: big word, spelled correctly)

And, by word of mouth and reputation, his clientele continues to increase, both geographically and numerically---not just because of price-point (a technical term). In some businesses, that's called "building your book," or in days past, your Rolodex of clients/customers who you can call on, and who will call you first. Mike's "book" is very large.

Now, he is a Forum vendor and gets even more "viewership" and I guess scrutiny, too. Oh well....I guess he'll just have to make the time to spell/structure sentences correctly. And that will happen in place of* giving advice, answering questions on CARS and CORVETTES and being a genuine person first who helps someone to buy a car.

Yes, I said "helps" because the vast majority of buyers don't know what they want, or what's available. Is this a charitable service? No, it is called mutually-beneficial. Don't laugh too hard because there is always something "we" don't know, all of us.

After all, and just for fun, I bet there aren't 10 people on this Forum who know what is, or what it actually means to have the D30 option on our Corvettes (or what it costs). I do. Because I learned about it really fast (grammar?) in May, '07....for my own personal use, but available to all others.

Mike helped me with that.

*You all know what I mean by taking time to do one thing vs. another: taking that one call that's waiting for you, or returning that one call (maybe yours) in a timely manner. Or after working hours so that it gets done the same day. Because after all, there are only so many minutes in a day, every day, right?
We met (over the phone) as I was retiring as a General Manager for a small Country Chevrolet store. Instead of trying to sell you a Corvette I referred you to an inventory Manager of a competing store who I knew would have the allocation and be of great assistance to you for your special Corvette order. I knew about D30 and educated both you and Michelle as such. I even made a call on your behalf to make sure your Corvette would get built without a hitch. The point being, I wasn't looking to get anything out of the deal, just making sure a fellow Corvette enthusiast got what they wanted in a timely fashion. That's all I have done for the past 34 yrs helping Car enthusiasts.
You mention my book of business, it's over 1,600 Corvette customers and counting. Not to mention all the other car lines that Criswell offers. www.criswellauto.com
This week alone I have Sold customers their dream cars from Arizona, Florida, PA and Kansas!
You had warned me about becoming a Forum vendor and how it would introduce me to a whole new level of critique, both good and bad. I'd like to think this one post is a great example of both. Many Corvette Forum members have come to my defense. I appreciate that very much. Furthermore Bill, it's friendships like yours and Pauls that make it all worth while.

Mike

Quick Reply: Any reasonable offer accepted!! 2011 Corvette's must get delivered...call Mike Furman