C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing interest - Must be getting old

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Wow! a lot of good responses. I liked the Can Am suggestion and the low T comment. I wondered about that myself.

I do thing as some suggested that I went to far and had too many to take care of. I will put the 05, 6M, Z51, 3LT with 16,125 miles on it first. It is Machine Silver. Just had new tires on it as the original tires on the Z51 package wore out fast. Well in 6 years anyway.

When it is gone I will try and use the 08 more and then see what happens.

I will meet my bucket list goal of all 49 States and Canadian Provence's on a motorcycle this summer. Maybe I should try that in the Vette.
I frankly think it would be a blast! You'd enjoy the heck out of it. Really. My vote is, do it.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 272 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Until recently I had 5 sports cars. A Corvette 02 coupe, 05 coupe and a 08 coupe. They were differentiated by automatic, 6 spd manual, LS1,2 and 3 motors. Along with them I had two roadsters a 06 Viper and a 07 Miata.

Before that I had a 99 Miata, RX-7 and a Honda S2000.

Last fall I got rid of the 07 Miata, 02 Corvette and the 06 Viper. Now I am going to start the process for the 05 and 08.

In the past 2 years I only got 80 miles added to the 05 and 4,000 to the 08 which I got in Sept. 08 and about half that was two trips to Funfest.

I just don't seem interested in them anymore so they have been just garage art.

Maybe being 71 has something to do with it. Tired of license, insurance and maintenance every 12 months.

Motorcycles still keep me charged up but not the cars.

I did talk to the wife that maybe keep them until the C7 comes out and trade in on a C7 Calloway with automatic.

Any other seniors out there losing interest?
What maintenance?
Cancel insurance, forget the license see if your interest comes back?

Quick Reply: Losing interest - Must be getting old