C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Cybernetic Medic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

YES!, The car is not perfect - no car is, but it has a great vibe, history, and Carma. And a lot of fine people that feel the same way about it!

Happy Summer - lets roll!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I've never tried that. Does that work pretty well?

I'd be afraid it would kick up dust around the car.
I would say it gets about 95% of the water off. I still find I need to use some detail spray to finish the job. I would buy it again if I had to do it over even though they are a bit pricey.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PittMD1
Glad to hear that your seeing the bright side of owning your car. It's all about attitude.
That's just one bad chapter in the book of ownership so far, and the end has not been written yet. Still hoping for a happy ending.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
AviBen
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by r&l's c6
i never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again I love just looking at it I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things i would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, i am obsessed with these darn cars and i love it….
Me, too!!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again I love just looking at it I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it….
You stated it perfectly, Randy. My current coupe is my first and only Corvette but I share your feelings 100%. There's a lot of truth in the saying that "A Corvette isn't just a car, it's a subculture." A lot of it has to do with the people we meet as a result of ownership (kind of like people who own Harleys). I think it also has to do with the fact that many of us fell in love with Corvettes long before we were in a position to buy one (that was definitely the case with me) so when we finally get one there's almost something mystical about it. I drove mine today and even though it'll be seven years old in July, it still felt new. No other car has ever done that for me.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with the C5, I never worried about where and how I was going to wash my car. The c6 paint scratches so easy, I cant just pull into the carwash and trust using the foambrush......now
on a nice day, windows down, radio up, MTW on blast and a big grin. Yes, those are the times Im glad I didnt settle for the "other" car that I almost bought because im cheap.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Kwagnerhvac
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like a thread I could have written almost word for word.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:49 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 275 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

Always used to think a vette was impractical (maybe because I had small kids and thought about them and the family) Boys are grown up and gone just the wife and I. Said if I didn't do it now I never would. Like others have said I have a grin ear to ear. Own more detailing stuff than I ever have. Found the car has helped to meet and make new friends. Life is good. Always look forward to the sunny days.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,927 Likes on 4,810 Posts

You kind of captured most of those changes that come with owning a Corvette good and bad.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,736 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

OBSESSION KEY WORD exactly have the same feelings as you!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again I love just looking at it I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it….

I know what you mean. The other morning I was sitting next to a guy at our clubs "Saturday morning Bagels and coffee" and he was wearing a $35,000 Rolex. Totally out of my tax bracket but we both have Corvettes .......so there we were. If it wasnt for the cars our paths would never have crossed. Unless his phone broke and I had to go fix it at his BIG house. LOL

Clif
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mpuzach
As I have stated before, one of the nicest cars on the forum. Your pride in ownership shows.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys have said it all..................
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Dave ZR-1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
You stated it perfectly, Randy. My current coupe is my first and only Corvette but I share your feelings 100%. There's a lot of truth in the saying that "A Corvette isn't just a car, it's a subculture." A lot of it has to do with the people we meet as a result of ownership (kind of like people who own Harleys). I think it also has to do with the fact that many of us fell in love with Corvettes long before we were in a position to buy one (that was definitely the case with me) so when we finally get one there's almost something mystical about it. I drove mine today and even though it'll be seven years old in July, it still felt new. No other car has ever done that for me.

AWESOME pic of your vette!

Dave
God Bless!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

This year is my 30th year of Vette ownership.

My experience of what you described Randy is burned into my soul.

I really look forward to the days when my son is old enough to understand and enjoy our Corvette together. I'm probably looking at a couple years at least since he's only 10 months old at this point, but I do bring him out to the garage to gawk at it as often as I can. I think I do that for me more than him , although his eyes open wide when he sees it. That lasts for about two minutes and then we move on.

It'll be pretty fun when I can treat him to a ride.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
This year is my 30th year of Vette ownership.

My experience of what you described Randy is burned into my soul.

I really look forward to the days when my son is old enough to understand and enjoy our Corvette together. I'm probably looking at a couple years at least since he's only 10 months old at this point, but I do bring him out to the garage to gawk at it as often as I can. I think I do that for me more than him , although his eyes open wide when he sees it. That lasts for about two minutes and then we move on.

It'll be pretty fun when I can treat him to a ride.
I have a feeling your absolute best times with your Vette is yet to come.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 PM
RedVette84
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get notified of new replies

To How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with ya. It's been a great almost 3 years, always feel better after a drive. It does beg to be detailed frequently since it just looks incredible when clean and shiny. I keep the door to my garage open all the time to allow for better temperature control year round and every time I am in the kitchen I get a look at her.

Last edited by Licit; 05-14-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Most fun I've ever had with automobiles has been with my vettes.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

As I have stated before, one of the nicest cars on the forum. Your pride in ownership shows.
Thank you, Randy.

Quick Reply: How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….