C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cianci/C7 Carbon Fiber "Version 2" rear ZR1 spoiler review

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Cianci/C7 Carbon Fiber "Version 2" rear ZR1 spoiler review

Had a problem with my old Cianci/C7 carbon ZR1 rear spoiler and so they sent me another one free of charge. Before they did, they let me know that they had totally redesigned the spoiler since I purchased it last and it should have no problems. Needless to say, I was very excited. A week or two later, it arrived at my house. Here are the pictures I took prior to having it painted LMB:

Here it is painted:

Here are the main differences:

The old one had 10 areas to screw it down to, this one has 4.

This new version has what looks to be remnants of the old black stock spoiler on the underside for better fit.

The small area under the third brake light is thicker and stronger. This is where I had the problem last time. Here's hoping it holds up better.

The new version is "thicker" with better rounded edges that aren't so sharp. Before, you could fit a piece of paper under the old one after it was installed.

This new version after it was painted is smooth as glass. It looks amazing. The old one, when viewed at an angle, would show remnants of its fiberglass pattern. It wasn't smooth at all and this was after prep and paint work.

So thats about it. I plan to install it today and Ill report back with installed pics. I hope it goes smoothly, well see.....
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Kiser64
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
inner3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see it man. I had a sneak peak of my car with one wheel on...like peaking on Christmas. Can't wait to see the wheels on and everything painted. Your spoiler is going to look awesome!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:13 PM
wwshank
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Spoiler

I have one of these things on my 2013 GS that doesnt fit. Its the second one I got from them that doesnt fit. I finally gave up and just put some vacum hose under one side to fiil in the gap. Now I have a bunch of holes in my car and a spoiler that still wont fit. could you let me know if the new one you have fits. That is the same thing they told me when they sent me the second one. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Cianci/C7 Carbon Fiber "Version 2" rear ZR1 spoiler review

Quick Reply: Cianci/C7 Carbon Fiber "Version 2" rear ZR1 spoiler review