C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,012 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by timbob99
Just thought I'd update my issue...finally got around to pulling the seat out (wasn't in too much of a hurry since it was adjusted fine for me and no one else drives the car), and discovered what appears to be the ground wire to the seat control module was broken. Of the three plugs going into the module, it was on the center plug, which has 2 wires (a black and a red/white, so I'm guessing that's the power to the module...the red/white was also partially broken, hanging on by just a few strands of copper). I think I was lucky that the seat would move intermittently, presumably because the wire would sometimes make good enough contact. If not, I wouldn't have been able to move the seat to access the anchor bolts.

I ordered a new connector (after much searching, found it on Amazon for much cheaper than anywhere else, AC Delco part # PT159 or GM Part # 12101888), so hopefully when it arrives and I install it, problem will be solved.
I had a similar problem. The thicker gage wire (power or ground I forget) to the module was broken. But the insulation was mostly intact so it was easy to miss during visual inspection. It was broken right at the connector. I pulled out the connector and resoldered the wire and that fixed it. Cost was zero.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
timbob99
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got everything reconnected and installed, working fine. Total cost, $18 for the aforementioned connector. Wonder how much the stealership would've gotten for that job?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
djsmith1993
Heel & Toe

Both wires(black & red/white) on my middle plug were broken off as well. I just soldered them and now my seat has power once again! Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:48 PM
scubaman44
5th Gear

Default Seat problems

what is a tech 2

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
Maybe no help but......

Yes there is a seat module/ computer under the seat.
Not sure how to test it.
It is tied into the easy exit circuits.

I had mine replace.

Do note if you have telescopic wheel you need a Tech II to setup the module for that option.

This componet and instructions are in the service manual.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A Tech II is the diagnostic tool GM Technicians use to diagnose, scan, test and reset modules in GM cars. It is not something you are going to want to buy. The Chinese knock-offs are hundreds of dollars, the real Tech II's are thousands of dollars.

I solved my seat problem via help from this thread.

Here is my thread with some pictures of the broken wires and the new connector package:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-diagram.html

Steve

Last edited by Porxter; 07-19-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Fixed link to my thread

Quick Reply: Drivers seat problem