C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Wall Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by RPA_KNUT
was the rest of the car "under a semi"???? If so, my dad sent me the pics of that wreck about a month ago. He asked me if "I needed a new set of tail lights" with the wreck picture attached.

I would love to send him your pic and say "the owner sends his regards, but he's gonna keep them"

Potentially a small world. Glad your ok either way
Nope, wasn't me. Last June a soccer mom ran a red light and harvested my '04 C5. She was doing 50mph and hit me on the rear right wheel, so the impact was absorbed by my spinning clockwise. A crazy scene, airbags fired, airbag smoke, stereo was cranking, no glass busted, my right lower torso kind of crunched into the tunnel, but no injuries ...

SILVER LINING: Got a almost new '09 Vert!!!!
Attached Images    

Last edited by Thrash; 06-19-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM
RPA_KNUT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Thrash
Nope, wasn't me. Last June a soccer mom ran a red light and harvested my '04 C5. She was doing 50mph and hit me on the rear right wheel, so the impact was absorbed by my spinning clockwise. A crazy scene, airbags fired, airbag smoke, stereo was cranking, no glass busted, my right lower torso kind of crunched into the tunnel, but no injuries ...

SILVER LINING: Got a almost new '09 Vert!!!!
Glad to hear your ok & that the other pic wasn't you.........I didn't really think that guy made it, just happened to be the same car color.

Love the wall mount, & the new ride too

Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Linecapt
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Not as uncommon as you think.

One other time, someone had a thread up here about this, with various pics of everyone's front or rear ends. In 2011 when I went to Carlisle, I brought the Tahoe instead of the Vette, specifically to buy one of these, as shipping wouldn't be worth the expense. Added to my garage wall art, normal operation is park lights on, but other switches for all brake lights and another for reverse lights. Had to buy a wiring harness to be able to power all the bulbs, but a easy project with nice results.
Attached Images    
Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Linecapt
One other time, someone had a thread up here about this, with various pics of everyone's front or rear ends. In 2011 when I went to Carlisle, I brought the Tahoe instead of the Vette, specifically to buy one of these, as shipping wouldn't be worth the expense. Added to my garage wall art, normal operation is park lights on, but other switches for all brake lights and another for reverse lights. Had to buy a wiring harness to be able to power all the bulbs, but a easy project with nice results.
So is that an actual C6 rear end? Way cool ...
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks FABULOUS . . . All you need now is . . .30 coats of Zaino or one of Rejex !!

Quick Reply: Corvette Wall Bumper