C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vararam Power Wedge

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tayman1975
What i cant figure out is how the hell would it even give more hp your adding length to your intake system for air to travel through. You would think less plumbing more air in means more hp.
More air in the plenum means quicker throttle response as the intake doesnt have to take as much as its already there. Thats what the old one did now the new one is suppose to change the air flow angle and make the air flow spiral which is suppose to be better.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
was it the new spacer or their old one?
It was the old rubber spacer
Old 09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
sledmaster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried one and did not like it with my set up. I would like to sell it. Did not want to send it back because Vararam donates money to a good cause. If anyone wants mine i will sell it cheap. It was only on my car for a week. Just send me a PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:23 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sledmaster
I tried one and did not like it with my set up. I would like to sell it. Did not want to send it back because Vararam donates money to a good cause. If anyone wants mine i will sell it cheap. It was only on my car for a week. Just send me a PM.
what differences did you see? did u get a tune with it?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by sledmaster
Just sent you a pm...can you please post why you didn't like it? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 PM
sledmaster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Halltech mf103 and a V-max ported throttle body and with the Wedge installed i lost all of my instant throttle response and had a slight bog.I still have the stock tune until my warranty is up.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
85mcss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread makes baby Jesus cry...

1. A TB spacer *laughs*
2. 12 HP gain with TB Spacer *Laughs harder*
3. People asking about tuning required for TB spacer *fell out of chair laughing*

I've got some ocean-front property in Oklahoma for sale!

On a carbureted application, a spacer works because you are adding runner length and allowing for a more even atomization. With this, you might as well add an extra 6" to your intake tubing in front of the TB... it would essentially do the same thing... not much...

Last edited by 85mcss; 09-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Thanks for the input. I know I'm putting my money somewhere else!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 AM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'11-'12

Default Group Buy on The LS2 Power Wedge

Shipping this Friday!!!!! Get the LS2 Power Wedge for $119 plus $12 shipping to the lower 48 and be part of a $10 donation for the kids at St Judes!!!! Be one of the first to get the Power Wedge for your LS2- and enjoy the performance that the LS3 guys have seen!!! Plus the kids at St Judes get $10!!!! Call me at 866-507-2648 to take advantage of this buy!!!!
Thanks
Steve
Vararam Industries
PS All Vararam products are Performance Guaranteed -If you don't like it -If you don't love it - If it doesn't perform the way we say it will - We will gladly take it back and pay the shipping both ways!!! And we will still make the $10 donation to St Judes kids!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:04 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Any LS2 guys install the power wedge yet? Post results please. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by VaraRam Industries
Shipping this Friday!!!!! Get the LS2 Power Wedge for $119 plus $12 shipping to the lower 48 and be part of a $10 donation for the kids at St Judes!!!! Be one of the first to get the Power Wedge for your LS2- and enjoy the performance that the LS3 guys have seen!!! Plus the kids at St Judes get $10!!!! Call me at 866-507-2648 to take advantage of this buy!!!!
Thanks
Steve
Vararam Industries
PS All Vararam products are Performance Guaranteed -If you don't like it -If you don't love it - If it doesn't perform the way we say it will - We will gladly take it back and pay the shipping both ways!!! And we will still make the $10 donation to St Judes kids!!!
Hey Steve. Been a while talking to you but I may be calling you and Patrick . . .

Phil in Savannah
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Any new LS3 testing verified?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VaraRam Industries
Thanks
Steve
Vararam Industries
Damn the shipping is as bad as the price. That thing could almost fit in a letter envelope and go. I hope 12 bucks is over night. The last time I paid for shipping on an aftermarket part I saw that it cost less than half of what they wanted for shipping when it arrived. Hope the product works good. Alot are looking for real world results.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by 85mcss
This thread makes baby Jesus cry...

1. A TB spacer *laughs*
2. 12 HP gain with TB Spacer *Laughs harder*
3. People asking about tuning required for TB spacer *fell out of chair laughing*

I've got some ocean-front property in Oklahoma for sale!

On a carbureted application, a spacer works because you are adding runner length and allowing for a more even atomization. With this, you might as well add an extra 6" to your intake tubing in front of the TB... it would essentially do the same thing... not much...
This is not true. The runners are fixed in location and all come together at the BASE of the opening where the carb mounts. The runners stay the same length. The only change is that it has a larger area for the fuel and air to mix before it enters the runners.

Again, it does not increase runner length as the space is "open" and not confined to direct paths to the heads.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Damn the shipping is as bad as the price. That thing could almost fit in a letter envelope and go. I hope 12 bucks is over night. The last time I paid for shipping on an aftermarket part I saw that it cost less than half of what they wanted for shipping when it arrived. Hope the product works good. Alot are looking for real world results.
Shipping costs are not limited to the dollars paid to a common carrier. Labor to package, the box itself, the processing of the label, etc. are all costs of shipping. If they charge the same price for anywhere in the USA, everyone pays for the longest distance.

Of course, you have the option to drive there and avoid the shipping cost.
The following users liked this post:
sam-garcia (07-06-2022)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Shipping costs are not limited to the dollars paid to a common carrier. Labor to package, the box itself, the processing of the label, etc. are all costs of shipping. If they charge the same price for anywhere in the USA, everyone pays for the longest distance.

Of course, you have the option to drive there and avoid the shipping cost.
Its like another way of adding in a few extra duckies.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Its like another way of adding in a few extra duckies.
They're only adding the additional costs for labor and materials that you wouldn't need if you were buying in person.

If you can do it for free, I'd like to hire you.

Get notified of new replies

To Vararam Power Wedge

Old 05-24-2017, 03:01 PM
94boosted
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to bump an old thread but this seemed to be the only thread about this product.

3 years and 12,000miles later this is what happened to mine, caused a substantial vacuum leak and consequently some nasty LTFT's. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Old 11-20-2017, 08:47 PM
fourth vette
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverScorp
I have a Vararam and I like it a lot. From what I read on the website, the wedge changes the angle of airflow into the throttlebody to be much more efficient. I'm not sure if that equates to 8-12hp or torque, but it could lead to better performance in airflow I guess. I'm also interested in someone who has tried the wedge and compared before and after effects.

Installed my power wedge today. I installed a vararam cai a couple of weeks ago. I also did a mild port job on throttle body while I was waiting today for the wedge. All I can say is that my 05 LS2 A4 pulled hard when stock with a tune from Chuck Cow. After installing cai it pulls even harder. After throttle body work and wedge.....HOLY CRAP... no flat spot off idle and throttle response was even better and the car still pulls hard. Steve at vararam said I would need to talk to Chuck and most likely adjust tune for cai and wedge and ported TB. Took car out on empty road, cruising about 20 and put the hammer down! Laid rubber for at least 20 ft. Could have been longer, but I let up. Damn tires are expensive. So, the bottom line is that between Chuck and vararam, I love my 05 C6!!!

Last edited by fourth vette; 11-20-2017 at 08:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fourth vette:
sam-garcia (07-06-2022), VaraRam Industries (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 02:41 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I have a VaraRam and their Power Wedge on my '06 LS2.

Replaced the warped upper section of the VaraRam after one year (free to original owners) and other than that, I've had no issues in 10+ years of ownership and 30K miles.

YMMV
The following users liked this post:
VaraRam Industries (11-21-2017)

Quick Reply: Vararam Power Wedge