C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many miles have you gotten on your Goodyear SuperCar Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lordofwar
5000 on the rears
JESUS! You do know the pedal does not have to be on the floor to get the car to move, right?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

2013 GS. A Toyota drove into the side of my car and damaged the left rear wheel (among other things) and the body shop put a new Supercar G:2 on a new wheel (the car came with Supercar G:1s from the factory). I matched that tire with 3 more (the car had 18,000 at the time and treadwear was even on the old tires.) Right after that I drove from California to Pennsylvania for the NCCC Convention. On the way back home I got excessive vibration and found this when I stopped (4045 miles):

This is 99% highway driving. No burnouts (though a guy at the tire store asked me if I won the burnout contest). The right rear looked similar but not as bad. More evenly worn across the whole width of the tread. Both rear tires had 36 PSI (hot).
Old 09-03-2015, 02:33 PM
CMC6
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we got 14,000 just went with Michelin Pilot SS Will never go back to the F1
Old 09-03-2015, 03:29 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyC6Go
Before posting this question, and having used this site quite a bit, I did a search for many key words in hopes of finding a previous thread on this before posting something that has been posted many times, but I was getting 20+ pages of posts related to words such as "Good Year", "Miles on Good Year tires", "worn out Good Year Tires". So I decided to give it a shot, knowing that somewhere out there, are possibly many previous posts that I can reference. If you would be so kind to provide some links to previous posts, that would be great.

Again, I am only interested in hearing about your experiences with this particular Good Year Tire; I don't want to hear about Michelin, or Non SuperCar F1 Good Year tires.

Thank you.
I believe I have the supercar goodyears on my 07 Z51. I got 15.5k miles out of the fronts as they wore on the inside from the factory alignment. I am a conservative driver (age 64) and still have the factory rear tires on the car at almost 25k miles. I think I probably could get another 2k miles before I get into the wear bars, but based on age and how close I am to needing to replace, I will do so soon.

Hope these are the answers you were looking for.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I got my car with the original goodyear supercars with 18k miles. They lasted another 2000 miles and were put to there death with some good old burnout and a couple donuts.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
2013 GS. A Toyota drove into the side of my car and damaged the left rear wheel (among other things) and the body shop put a new Supercar G:2 on a new wheel (the car came with Supercar G:1s from the factory). I matched that tire with 3 more (the car had 18,000 at the time and treadwear was even on the old tires.) Right after that I drove from California to Pennsylvania for the NCCC Convention. On the way back home I got excessive vibration and found this when I stopped (4045 miles):

This is 99% highway driving. No burnouts (though a guy at the tire store asked me if I won the burnout contest). The right rear looked similar but not as bad. More evenly worn across the whole width of the tread. Both rear tires had 36 PSI (hot).
That doesn't look like the Eagle F1 SuperCar tires that came on my car. Different tread pattern.

I got about 15000 out of my fronts, but they looked similar to the picture quote, but not as bad ... cord on the inside, new-looking tread on the outside. Had about 25000 on the rears when I changed them, but they still had some life left. They were wearing evenly. And I'm a conservative driver.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

IBTL.

Holy thread revivals.

Quick Reply: How many miles have you gotten on your Goodyear SuperCar Tires