C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What Color 427 Vert do you have
Artic White
33.02%
Blade Silver Metallic
4.72%
Inferno Orange Metallic
2.83%
Black
16.98%
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
3.77%
Cyber Gray Metallic
7.55%
Torch Red
8.49%
Crystal Red Metallic
10.38%
Supersonic Blue
0.94%
Night Race Blue
11.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Fuele
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie
Very nice lift.
Thanks brother. Sure is much easier than my home made wooden ramps.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Fuele
Instructor

Default Vanity plates

Originally Posted by red4twenty7
just got my vanity plate today for my 427 and figured I would post a pic, what do you guys have for your vanity plates on your 427
Just got my vanity plate for my 427 vert today. I know it is supposed to have an "I" in it but only allowed five letters with the Endless Summer variaty.o
Attached Images  

Last edited by Fuele; 02-06-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Yetiman
Advanced

Just purchased a 60th anniversary 427 Vert to cold for pictures yet #1232.

Last edited by Yetiman; 02-06-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Fuele
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yetiman
Congrats You will love the drive.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Yetiman
A wise purchase! Welcome to the club!
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2014, 08:46 PM
AKA MAC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2013 427
Why not get protective film put on the car instead? I just had xpel put on mine last week. A bit pricey, but it came out beautifully. Great protection, and you can't even tell it is there.
I have heard the plastic works well but my thought was to prevent the stones from coming in contact with the body altogether. How much of the side did you cover with the xpel ? It seems like the whole side of my car gets pelted with dirt and those tinny stones. Thanks for the info. I will look in to the coating a little more.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Fuele
Instructor

Default Nitemare

I hate to rain on the parade, but 427 owners need to realize that there are some catastrophic engine failures that have occurred with 2013 LS7's - including mine, after just 2000 miles of leisure driving. It is rare. I have heard of about 10 of these so far, but when it happens it comes out of nowhere. These have not typically been valve issues like those that occurred in earlier years of the LS7. I'm not trying to sound any alarm bells - no series of engines are going to be without their problems. But I think we should at least be aware and not be burying our heads in the sand. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything (and I did have the chance - as I could have done a buy back and purchased a 2014 instead). So if you have some time, and want to read through the many posts along my harrowing journey, I have attached the link here...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...nd-belief.html
Just finished reading about your engine failure harrowing journey. You made the correct choice in keeping the car and agreeing with GM to replace the engine and the components the oil flowed thru. All of our 2013 427 Convertibles are unique, and now yours has a new heart.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 PM
2013 427
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKA MAC
I have heard the plastic works well but my thought was to prevent the stones from coming in contact with the body altogether. How much of the side did you cover with the xpel ? It seems like the whole side of my car gets pelted with dirt and those tinny stones. Thanks for the info. I will look in to the coating a little more.
I had the entire front end done, including front fenders and full hood. They also did the mirrors and the lower rocker panels on the sides. Where are you driving, dirt roads? I'm not having any issues with the sides getting hit with stones. I'm much more worried about stones being kicked up from cars in front of me, hitting the front of the car. My other car (daily driver) has lots of chips on the front bumper and hood.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:57 AM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AKA MAC
I put both on my car----the Apsis splash guards and the 3m plastic (I didn't know about xpel at the time). It is too bad we have to do either, but as you say, so much debris gets thrown up against the car from the tires..............
Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 AM
funz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fuele
Thanks brother. Sure is much easier than my home made wooden ramps.
Great car color----and I like how the lift arms match the car color......
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 AM
ITZA427
6th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Great thread I have car 0323 built mid June 2012 engine built by James Knipp
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2014, 10:08 AM
funz06
Drifting

I hate to rain on the parade, but 427 owners need to realize that there are some catastrophic engine failures that have occurred with 2013 LS7's - including mine, after just 2000 miles of leisure driving. It is rare. I have heard of about 10 of these so far, but when it happens it comes out of nowhere. These have not typically been valve issues like those that occurred in earlier years of the LS7. I'm not trying to sound any alarm bells - no series of engines are going to be without their problems. But I think we should at least be aware and not be burying our heads in the sand. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything (and I did have the chance - as I could have done a buy back and purchased a 2014 instead). So if you have some time, and want to read through the many posts along my harrowing journey, I have attached the link here...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...nd-belief.html
Hi,

Just my two cents............first, I followed your original thread when you were having the problem---I felt for you, as I am sure everyone did. I am thrilled things worked out to your satisfaction. I think most of the 427 owners agree with your input above and we aren't burying our heads in the sand (as much as we are tired, real tired of the doom and gloom folks). A key point you made was that the problems were RARE. I know what gets under my skin, some days more than others, is when folks that have never owned or even driven a ZO6 or a 427 consistently trash these cars over engine issues with their comments leading an uninformed reader, or someone new to the forum or corvette world, to believe that virtually every ZO6 and 427 is going to need a new engine and that the cars are crap. And, it seems that is frequently the same forum members that do this------the ones that think they are Forum Moderators (and they aren't). They troll the forum to find fault in the questions and comments of others; admonish folks for posting something in the wrong forum; and generally post negative comments. As you know, the thrill a ZO6 or 427 provides the driver is unlike all other corvettes (except the ZR1 and modified cars) acceleration wise---and for the naysayers to post their dribble and sway someone away from the chance to experience what we do with our cars gets very annoying. On the other hand, hearing from respected folks like yourself that have the knowledge and actual experience with the issues is very helpful and informative. Your note was a great reminder that it is prudent for us to keep abreast of the issue. You noted that you knew of 10 other cases with the 427----any chance you could find out the build numbers and the name of the builder of these engines? Just curious to know if there are any connections. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent---can't wait for the snow to melt and the rain to clean the roads of the salt so I can put some miles on the car----enjoy your 427, and hopefully we are all problem free.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Fuele
Instructor

Originally Posted by ITZA427
Congratulations. Nice car.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Oh yeah, lookin mean!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:28 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow427
Hi,

Just my two cents............first, I followed your original thread when you were having the problem---I felt for you, as I am sure everyone did. I am thrilled things worked out to your satisfaction. I think most of the 427 owners agree with your input above and we aren't burying our heads in the sand (as much as we are tired, real tired of the doom and gloom folks). A key point you made was that the problems were RARE. I know what gets under my skin, some days more than others, is when folks that have never owned or even driven a ZO6 or a 427 consistently trash these cars over engine issues with their comments leading an uninformed reader, or someone new to the forum or corvette world, to believe that virtually every ZO6 and 427 is going to need a new engine and that the cars are crap. And, it seems that is frequently the same forum members that do this------the ones that think they are Forum Moderators (and they aren't). They troll the forum to find fault in the questions and comments of others; admonish folks for posting something in the wrong forum; and generally post negative comments. As you know, the thrill a ZO6 or 427 provides the driver is unlike all other corvettes (except the ZR1 and modified cars) acceleration wise---and for the naysayers to post their dribble and sway someone away from the chance to experience what we do with our cars gets very annoying. On the other hand, hearing from respected folks like yourself that have the knowledge and actual experience with the issues is very helpful and informative. Your note was a great reminder that it is prudent for us to keep abreast of the issue. You noted that you knew of 10 other cases with the 427----any chance you could find out the build numbers and the name of the builder of these engines? Just curious to know if there are any connections. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent---can't wait for the snow to melt and the rain to clean the roads of the salt so I can put some miles on the car----enjoy your 427, and hopefully we are all problem free.
LS7 engine problems,
for all that are interested I sent in a question to the tech nerd at the Corvette magazine and he addressed the engine failure issue of LS7 pretty well you can read it on page 22 of the April 2014 issue
Old 02-08-2014, 02:34 PM
jmk
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely a great looking Vette! Congrats on owning one of these very special one year only Corvettes!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Lerxst
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow427
Hi,

Well put my friend!
S -

Get notified of new replies

To 427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion

Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 PM
pmartjr
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I love my Anniversary Arctic White, but that triple black is bad to the bone! Keep her clean and enjoy!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Vette Lag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default VIN # 2519 on my 3rd LS7

Name:  20130602_201452_zps39b0b5d1.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  122.8 KB
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM
funz06
Drifting

Default cabin fevor hit

I couldn't take it anymore---I missed driving her too much.....the tires do not like the cold pavement....
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 427 Convertible Registry, Color Poll, and Discussion