C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Upgrade Options for Z06 and ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Brake Upgrade Options for Z06 and ZR1

Hi Corvette Z06 enthusiast, we are now offering our new design and development convergent vanes open slot rotor they are the sport tuned type rotor superior to oe and competitor application are for the 06-11 Corvette Z06 front and rear. We have been getting enormous positive feedback about its performance. The mass reduction on the front rotor is 9.0 lbs. the rear is 4.0 lbs. it is by far the lightest rotor out there for the Corvette Z06, lighter rotors means better performance at the wheels and don't be surprise if your gain extra 10 to 15 whopping horsepower after installing these rotors. This is your chance to gain those hp back that is lost with the heavy oe rotors. It is proven that a lighter rotor can increase horsepower at the wheels check the dyno testing.

Racingbrake Corvette Z06 rotors are engineered to be the best stock replacement two-piece rotors on the performance market. These rotors are direct bolt-on, easy to install, no additional hardware needed, and an excellent upgrade for both streets and track. Not only will the rotors last 3, times or longer than competitions' two-piece rotors, they can deliver consistent brake torque under extreme heat, session after session. When it comes to replacement, the operating cost over the time will be lower than one-piece rotors.

RB offers a complete satisfaction guarantee to you and other Corvette enthusiasts; if you don't agree that they are the best two-piece rotors in value, look and performance your money can buy just return them for a refund.

Front rotor weight Comparison
OEM Rotor 26 lbs.
RB 14'' 2 Piece rotor 17 lbs.
Weight Savings: 9 lbs.

Rear rotor weight Comparison
One-piece 20 lbs.
RB 13.4'' 2-piece rotor 16 lbs.
Weight Savings: 4 lbs.

Total weight reduction: 26 lbs.

Sales price on the 2006-11 Z06 4-rotors without shipping charge $1,984.92
Shipping: The weight of the rotors are 66 lbs. it depends on where your location is the shipping charges will be between $50 to $75 ups ground.

Rotor Material: Racing Formula Alloyed Gray Iron & Heat treated
Machining: Straight Slot
Surface: EDP Coating w/cross cut grinding on friction surface

Advantages:
• Has the advantages of both drilled & slotted rotors.
• Allows the disc to expand and contract and prevents the disc from cracking or warping.
• Increasing cooling area and retains more friction surface.
• Slots relieves thermal stress.
• Slots are self cleaning and the pad build up will not clog the slots and are exhausted via the rotor edge keeping the disc surface clean.
• Reduces brake pad dust buildup and keeps the wheel clean through vacuum effect.

Racingbrake Advanced Technology

Check preview of our two-piece rotor

Last edited by RacingBrake; 02-06-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pricing?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Rotors

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
Pricing?
Hey
I don't know about you guys but it wears me out to always have to play the game to find out what something costs. you'd think these vendors would like to sell stuff. This isn't the way I don't think. All the back and forth with questions.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meanjoe
Hey
I don't know about you guys but it wears me out to always have to play the game to find out what something costs. you'd think these vendors would like to sell stuff. This isn't the way I don't think. All the back and forth with questions.
I just found out the part numbers he posted were links to their page which states the price lol

$974 front
$1010 rear
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Rotors

I just found out the part numbers he posted were links to their page which states the price lol

$974 front
$1010 rear
OK
Now I feel like a dumb sh**
But it's all still true
Sorry to the brake guys, I see they have it going on.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pricing?
Complete kit at WCC for you to compare to get an idea of pricing.

Corvette Brake Package - C6Z06 2Pc. Racing Rotor Upgrade For C5 : 1997-2004 C5 & Z06

Details Starting at $3,399.95

Corvette Brake Package - C6Z06 Upgrade For C5 : 1997-2004 C5 & Z06

Details Starting at $1,995.95

Hope the above is ok to post here

Last edited by C5 Scully; 01-29-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Bump !!!
I have your hats and need new rings. Do you sell just the rings for these?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Yes, we sell the rings as well. The front is $268.03 each rear is 277.82 each, let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 AM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

anyone have these.... good or bad feedback welcome

post or pm
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Tech Contributor

Any track data? How do they compare to Brembo or Stoptech 2piece rotors?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
20psirabbit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sub
Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C5 Scully
anyone have these.... good or bad feedback welcome

post or pm
Originally Posted by taken19
Any track data? How do they compare to Brembo or Stoptech 2piece rotors?
still waiting for some good or bad feedback or can no one afford them
Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

free bump
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Click here to see a review from another Z06 owner who has been a dedicated RB customer for years now.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 02-20-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Click here to see a review from another Z06 owner who has been a dedicated RB customer for years now.

We also have received good feedback from
That doesn't help much. It would help to compare to known rotors. For example, if StopTech Aero front rotors will give me 10-12 track days, then how many days will yours give? You say 3x the competition. Does that mean you can comfortably say I will get 30+ hard track days from your fronts? I'd like to test that and I'm sure others would as well. I do, however, think that 30+ track days on a 3300 lb car may be a bit of a stretch. What is so different in design and metal composition?

Please provide apples to apples data instead of reviews saying they are great. For the price, I would certainly invest if they out perform $2000 StopTech or Brembo friction rings and hats.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

RB rotors feature a center mount design with an open slot finish and convergent vanes. These are our patented designs which no other company can offer. When these were developed we made sure to offer something that would perform better and last longer that what is out there. The center mount design allows better air flow from the inboard and outboard sides of the wheels through the rotor. Open slots prevent the build up pad deposit that get sucked into convergent rotor vanes. Compared to straight vane design our convergent vanes dissipate heat better. All factors play apart in a better performing rotor that can reduce wear & tear, downtime, and overall cost.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

That doesn't help much. It would help to compare to known rotors. For example, if StopTech Aero front rotors will give me 10-12 track days, then how many days will yours give? You say 3x the competition. Does that mean you can comfortably say I will get 30+ hard track days from your fronts? I'd like to test that and I'm sure others would as well. I do, however, think that 30+ track days on a 3300 lb car may be a bit of a stretch. What is so different in design and metal composition?

Please provide apples to apples data instead of reviews saying they are great. For the price, I would certainly invest if they out perform $2000 StopTech or Brembo friction rings and hats.
RB rotors feature a center mount design with an open slot finish and convergent vanes. These are our patented designs which no other company can offer. When these were developed we made sure to offer something that would perform better and last longer that what is out there. The center mount design allows better air flow from the inboard and outboard sides of the wheels through the rotor. Open slots prevent the build up pad deposit that get sucked into convergent rotor vanes. Compared to straight vane design our convergent vanes dissipate heat better. All factors play apart in a better performing rotor that can reduce wear & tear, downtime, and overall cost.
All noted thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Upgrade Options for Z06 and ZR1

Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

What is so different in design and metal composition?

Stock and most aftermarket rotors are made with standard iron so they tend to wear fast under high speed stopping. RB two piece rotors are made with alloys and heat treated for lasting performance, so over the time you will save replacement and maintenance cost.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Stock and most aftermarket rotors are made with standard iron so they tend to wear fast under high speed stopping. RB two piece rotors are made with alloys and heat treated for lasting performance, so over the time you will save replacement and maintenance cost.
Good to know. So how many track days have you or your 5 year customer gotten out of these? That's really the bottom line - not a metallurgical formula or vane configuration.

I'm truly interested in hearing your success. If they last as long as you claim, I would suspect you would have dozens of new customers within the week and maybe hundreds in the long term. We just need hard data.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

Good to know. So how many track days have you or your 5 year customer gotten out of these? That's really the bottom line - not a metallurgical formula or vane configuration.

I'm truly interested in hearing your success. If they last as long as you claim, I would suspect you would have dozens of new customers within the week and maybe hundreds in the long term. We just need hard data.
I plan to buy a set and would also like to hear and see the feedback as requested above....

Quick Reply: Brake Upgrade Options for Z06 and ZR1