C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lear Car2U - WORKS NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Olsarge
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I had a garage door company try to program my '12 GS. He said the opener and car remote simply weren't compatible. I spent the $30 for the "bridge" kit. Plugged it in and programed the car remote. Took 10 minutes. Works great.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:06 PM
Jaron Perkins
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It WORKED!!!

Originally Posted by solodogg
Just got mine setup with a Linear garage door opener with some help from your instructions, and some help from Linear's website. Hopefully these directions will help someone else that has a 2012 and up, or a Gen II Visor. *Note* Gen I and 2008-2011 cars will require an adapter available from Lear to function with Linear openers.

Step 1: Push 2 outside buttons simultaneously for 1-2 seconds until all 3 are solid.

Step 2: Push Left and Center buttons simultaneously for 1-2 seconds until all lights are flashing.

Step 3: Push Left button 3 times (this indicates Linear opener)

Step 4: Push Right button 3 times (this indicates TX:000)

Step 5: Push Center and Right buttons to create false code (I used 01010 which was Right, Center, Right, Right, Center, Right, Right). Each press of the center button changes the number. Rights saves that number. Pressing Right without center indicates 0.

Step 6: Push all 3 buttons simultaneously to save programming. Lights will flash rapidly, then go off.

Step 7: Press any button you want to program for 2 seconds until light flashes then goes off.

Step 8: Press and release learn button on garage door opener. *TIP* you have 15 seconds after doing this to program opener

Step 9: Press and hold the same button from Step 7 for exactly 5 seconds. Garage door opener light will flash on and off. Release button.

Step 10: Press button again. Garage door will now open or close.
Well HOT DAMN. It's 2/24/2021 and I was trying to get this to work for HOURS!!! I did everything possible and it would not work. I found this and I gave it one last try. I followed the directions to the T. It worked. I have Linear LD033. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! 7 years later your post has helped someone. Awesome.
By the way, I have 2012 Ford F250. Just bought it last week. Has only 83k miles on it. So pumped!

Last edited by Jaron Perkins; 02-24-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:19 PM
Rbromm
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worked for me May 2021

Originally Posted by Jaron Perkins
Well HOT DAMN. It's 2/24/2021 and I was trying to get this to work for HOURS!!! I did everything possible and it would not work. I found this and I gave it one last try. I followed the directions to the T. It worked. I have Linear LD033. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! 7 years later your post has helped someone. Awesome.
By the way, I have 2012 Ford F250. Just bought it last week. Has only 83k miles on it. So pumped!
I am 3rd owner of a 2013 Base Convertible and finally got my opener to work using these instructions. Happy it works now. I have more than one opener (3 car garage) and wondering it you have to create a different code for other openers that are also Linear? Afraid to mess up opener that is working to try.

Quick Reply: Lear Car2U - WORKS NOW!