C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power top vs manual: which is faster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 AM
JohnAE455
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a C5 vert. and there were times I didn't bother to lower the top when I went to work on a very nice morning because I would have to put the thing back up 15-20 minute later. I don't have the same issue with the power top even though it probably takes a little longer. You just have to sit there and push a button. After I was already driving the C5 I had to find a place to pull over to raise or lower since I had to get out of the car but can lower or raise the power top at a stop light if I know the light will take enough time. Most do. Of course, out on the highway you have to pull over for both.

I prefer the power top but would still buy a vert even if it wasn't offered. If the vette I was looking at had all the other things I wanted whether it had a power top or not would be down on my list must haves.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Supersonic GS
It takes less time to put the top down or up, on a manual set up vs. power.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM
C3-PO
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Manual top owners:
•How often have you decided to keep the top up in case the weather turns bad?
"in case" ... 0% because it will never be bad when i drive. i put the top up only when i know it has more than a 30% chance of rain.
•Can you close the roof without getting out of the car? No... have you tried?
•If you're stuck at a light and it's started raining, do you have time to put the roof up?if it looks like rain .... the top would already be up before going anywhere.

Quick Reply: Power top vs manual: which is faster?