C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deletion

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Daniel White
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Recommendation

Just wondering about any owner experiences with MacMulkin Chevrolet in NH. All indications are that they are a first-rate dealership. I will be having the car shipped to CO.

Last edited by Daniel White; 03-29-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

DON'T HESITATE! Tommy Jr. is the MAN when it comes to Corvette sales! I won't do business with anyone else. Can't comment on Intercity though...

U.M.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Daniel White
Advanced

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
DON'T HESITATE! Tommy Jr. is the MAN when it comes to Corvette sales! I won't do business with anyone else. Can't comment on Intercity though...

U.M.
Okay, thanks. That was my impression based on the information I had. Tommy recommended Intercity, so I will trust his judgement on the choice of a shipper.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Picking up my 2LT GS Tuesday!!! 2nd one I bought from him.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Daniel White
Advanced

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
Picking up my 2LT GS Tuesday!!! 2nd one I bought from him.
Hey, that's cool. I'll be sending back the paperwork soon (out of state delivery) and will have to wait a few weeks.

I was looking online and nearly bought the one you ended up getting, but decided on a different TR GS in his inventory. I'm glad you got the one you wanted.

Congrats!

Last edited by Daniel White; 03-29-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
PHILLIP YOUNG
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Fourth Vette purchase. First from MacMulkin Chevrolet.
Negotiated over the phone. Actually not much to negotiate. Easily best price. Clearly knowledgeable. No BS. The real deal. Forum dealer. Had the exact car I was looking for. One week later, my wife and I flew to Manchester Friday morning. Picked up at airport. Drove back to Buffalo Grove and in my garage by Saturday night.
Wonderful experience. Hope to see Tommy at the Bash.
If they have your car, I can honestly give a stellar recommendation.
Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 AM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Tommy had the lowest price of all the Forum dealers. Called him, took two minutes to make deal, sent him a check, did museum delivery in November. Tommy even called the next week to make sure we had a safe trip home from Bowling Green.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel White
Just wondering about any owner experiences with MacMulkin Chevrolet in NH. All indications are that they are a first-rate dealership. I will be having the car shipped to CO.
I have used Intercity, almost exclusively to transport several classic muscle cars. Top notch outfit, drivers and equipment. Their pricing is one of the best out there, their disptach process is excellent.

One more thing, MacMulkin and Tommy Jr are very good. But, they are not the best price. The other high volume Corvette (CF vendors) are equally as good, and they too have a very large selection, and they transact deals over the phone for customers across the U.S. My experience has been with Mike Furman @ Criswell Chevy. I live in MA, spoke with MacMulkin, ended up going with Mike Furman.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:25 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by capecodvette
One more thing, MacMulkin and Tommy Jr are very good. But, they are not the best price. The other high volume Corvette (CF vendors) are equally as good, and they too have a very large selection, and they transact deals over the phone for customers across the U.S. My experience has been with Mike Furman @ Criswell Chevy. I live in MA, spoke with MacMulkin, ended up going with Mike Furman.
For me Tommy was the lowest by a few hundred $$$ of all the Forum dealers. Guess it just depends on if they need to sell more cars. Criswell might be less on another day.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

In the eight years I've been on this forum I don't think I've read a single negative comment about Tommy, Jr. or Mac Mulkin. That says something IMO.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 PM
My12thVette
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Tommy Jr..A+++++

It is not just about price with Tommy. He cares about customers and is dedicated to the "Corvette" experience. I had a serious illness 2 years ago and he exchanged e-mails with me to check on my recovery and assured me I'd be in another Vette soon. Next week, I will pick up my 2013 Grand Sport. I would never buy another Corvette (or Chevy product) from any other dealer. Don't think twice about buying from Tommy...you will not be disappointed.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 PM
GreginNH
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great buying experience with Tommy Jr. He is honest and patient with those who can't make up their minds ( like me)! MacMulkin is located less than an hour from me so I also have the benefit of checking out all cars first hand. Having said that I would not hesitate purchasing from him if I lived thousands of miles away. He is extremely busy this time of year but ALWAYS returns his calls and messages. A+ for sure!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by p4snow
For me Tommy was the lowest by a few hundred $$$ of all the Forum dealers. Guess it just depends on if they need to sell more cars. Criswell might be less on another day.
Originally Posted by my4thvette
It is not just about price with Tommy. He cares about customers and is dedicated to the "Corvette" experience. I had a serious illness 2 years ago and he exchanged e-mails with me to check on my recovery and assured me I'd be in another Vette soon. Next week, I will pick up my 2013 Grand Sport. I would never buy another Corvette (or Chevy product) from any other dealer. Don't think twice about buying from Tommy...you will not be disappointed.

When I was ready to purchase my Z06 a few years ago I PM'd all the forum dealers and provided them a list of what I was looking for. Fully loaded Z06 with museum delivery. Not only was Tommy Jr. well below the others in price, he took my purchase request seriously! One of the other forum dealers didn't even bother to reply... MaCMulkin made my purchase a breeze too! I don't think I've EVER purchased a car that easily and hassle free in my life. When and if I decide to get my next Vette I'll be PM'ing Tommy Jr. first!

U.M.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

No matter which dealer you go with here on the forum it sounds like they are good ones.

It a pretty good deal when you can simply pick up the phone and order your Corvette, the way you want it, as easily as if you were ordering a pizza.

Thanks 2 all the great forum dealers.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

I purchased this one from Tommy Jr an shipped it Intercity to Woodstock Ga, easy buy of any Corvette I've ever owned
Old 03-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Ken_C8
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 410 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '21

Tommy Jr. is the real deal. I bought my '13 from him a few months ago. I think another member summed it up best "It was easier than buying a pack of gum".

Tommy is a pro, offers the best price and does not play any games with fees, extras, add-ons, etc.

I highly recommend MacMulkin and consider myself lucky to live only 30 minutes away (20 if I'm in the Vette).
Old 03-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I was probably MacMulkin's longest distance purchaser ... Purchased my then new (2011) GS from MacMulkin from there in-stock inventory when I was still living in the Philippines.

All details done via the phone and email. Paid via a wire transfer from my bank to MacMulkin's bank account.

A couple of weeks later, I flew into the airport near MacMulkin and picked up the car ... drove it down to Florida.

Very easy transaction with NO added 'ups' or last minute price changes from what we previously agreed on.

Get notified of new replies

To Deletion

Old 03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
red9r
Instructor

I agree with everyone above.

I just bought my 2013 CG 2LT GS from Tommy. After talking to a few other forum dealers, Tommy was the cheapest by a few hundred dollars with no additional fees, the price he lists is what you pay. Tommy always acted like he wanted my business. Not once did he seem too busy to talk to me or answer any questions I may have had. He was very helpful and patient, and did his very best to get me in the exact car I wanted. I was also preparing to deploy overseas and Tommy did everything necessary to make sure all the paperwork was handled prior to me leaving on short notice. The process was very easy and straight forward. He was truly a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone or do business with him again.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Bilrod
Heel & Toe

Default One More Recommendation for Tommy JR

Ordered a 2011 GS from Tommy Jr w R8C delivery. Not only will you get the best price, but Tommy is a professional that knows every detail about these cars. He will get your order exactly correct. PERIOD!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
jack5hd
Burning Brakes

Quick Reply: Deletion