C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 GS Tire Pressure Monitor Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default C6 GS Tire Pressure Monitor Question

I run drag radials on OEM rears without tire pressure sensors on my C5. I get a periodic "Service Tire Pressure Monitor" on the DIC that is removed by hitting the reset button. Will this be the same on a C6 GS or are there more problems running without rear TPMS?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't know about getting it to go away with the reset button, but I got that exact same error for about 15 minutes a few days back. Also showed rear tire pressure on the tire in question as "XX". In addition there was the yellow warning icon lit up on the dash (cut away view of a tire with an exclamation mark in it). In my case, it went away all by itself after being parked for a few hours at work. I monitored the tire pressure in the DIC for a day and all was well....I'm just chalking it up to a glitch for now.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Red13GS
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
I don't know about getting it to go away with the reset button, but I got that exact same error for about 15 minutes a few days back. Also showed rear tire pressure on the tire in question as "XX". In addition there was the yellow warning icon lit up on the dash (cut away view of a tire with an exclamation mark in it). In my case, it went away all by itself after being parked for a few hours at work. I monitored the tire pressure in the DIC for a day and all was well....I'm just chalking it up to a glitch for now.
My 13 GS did this exact same thing 2 days ago on the DS rear tire. I stopped to check it out, used my tire gauge, everything was fine. When I restarted the warning was gone and has not come back.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 GS Tire Pressure Monitor Question

Quick Reply: C6 GS Tire Pressure Monitor Question