C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creaking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
MTsVette
Drifting

Location: O'Fallon Illinois - Currently own a 2016 Z06 1LZ A8 Coupe
Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi6998
Thanks for the input so far. It is not the Targa Top issue or the rear differential fluid issue. I am also aware of these issues. In fact, I changed the rear differential fluid a couple of weeks ago. The creaking problem existed prior to me changing the fluid.
I use WD40 on all the rubber parts on the suspension parts when the tires are off. Seems to help with sweaks and creaking.

My .02...

MT
Old 07-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Originally Posted by MTsVette
I use WD40 on all the rubber parts on the suspension parts when the tires are off. Seems to help with sweaks and creaking.

My .02...

MT
I thought you weren't supposed to use WD40 on anything that should be lubricated because WD40 will displace lubricant just like it displaces water.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 PM
C6T
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
I had the same problem but the sound was continuously coming up no matter what is the speed where in my case even if I press down the vehicle I could hear the sound. I have been told it the suspension which need to be replaced but I did not. Friend of mine who work for GM Company told to put WD40 on the suspension parts and that solved the problem. I don’t see the comment of Sunnyvale claiming that the WD40 will displace the lubrication fluid as the WD40 is to be spread over the suspension mechanical parts from outside.
WD40 worth trial and if the sound did not go then I would think about the suspension putsches.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
C6T
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys, I found you a solution for such sound underneath the wheels which looks like it is coming from the suspensions. We tried it on two of our corvettes and no more annoying sounds.
All you need is to visit any spare part shop and buy “white Lithium Grease”. I took photos for it but could not insert it in the forum!! if anyone need the photo send me an email on draft_t@hotmail.com or whoever can explain how to post the photo in the forum that will be appreciated to share it with the team in the thread.
All you need to do is to spry this grease on all the putsches “black rubber” that are underneath. It is quite safe and powerful. You might need to do this once a year and say bye for your problem.
Cheers.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have this noise at a very low speed . Just at the start of the day pulling out of the garage, or the first weight change /dip in the road.
The Dealer has tried replacing the end links on the stabilizer. That didn't work. Then into the tub to add something so is would not flex so much and make that creaking sound. That too did not work.
It is only heard at that time. After that I never hear it, go figure!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hey Bldg,

If you decide you wanna give it another go at the dealership let me know and I can help! Private message me with your VIN, mileage, info and the name of your dealership.

I can see that they are doing everything they can for you, but maybe there is a little bit we can help with. No guarantees Keep me posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: Creaking Noise