C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Ache

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Head Ache

So I bought my Vette about 2 months ago & about a few weeks earlier I had a fan problem. Looks like the fans weren't operating when the car was on iddle, therefore it overheated when not driven. I took the car to the dealership. Spent 8 hours waiting for the extended warranty company AmeriPlus & they claimed the contract had an error which it did. Car had aproximately 42,400 miles when bought & the contract said it had 44,000 miles. The problem wasn't resolved there so I took it to a particular certified mechanic. The Vette is modified with a camshaft & other bolt on's. After a week at the mechanic waiting for approval of the insurance company, they claimed the car had no coverage since it was modified. The dealership where I bought the car sold me the warranty & said they covered modified car's & everything was good. Problem is, I want to fix the car assap to get that beauty rolling on the asphalt (Texas resident) but I don't want to loose $4,000 & end up getting scammed with the no-use warranty. Any ideas or thoughts about situation?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talking to the dealership who sold you the warranty would be a good start.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:12 AM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

You're coverage is whatever is between the four corners of the contract no matter what the dealer told you.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Dealer miss-represented the warranty. They owe you a refund on the warranty and they should also fix the fan issue on their dime. Seems pretty straightforward but you may need a lawyer to get them to see it that way.
Good luck though, I'm rooting for you!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:08 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I think you know the rest from just the couple posts above. I'm not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but if you can't somehow convince the selling dealer to do both things, repair and give back money on the "aftermarket prepaid service contract," it will be all on you and your wallet. You've seen the phrase before, "caveat emptor" let the buyer beware. That applies to you.

I would say the car not only has modifications of physical stuff, but a tune as well that didn't have the fans coming on at a set temp (or too high) which caused at least the one immediate problem. You bought a car with mods and unfortunately this can happen to it, or a car w/o mods as well.

Note: per the above comment, if it's $4K worth of damage, you'll be hard pressed to justify an attorney's time, but you might as well go for a couple of free one hour consultations with a couple of attorneys to find out if they'll work with you.

This may prove to be a very expensive lesson, but I wish you well.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...easy-care.html

Last edited by AORoads; 01-09-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 AM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Looking to see what the contract says about refunds is the first thing I would do

Then

Take it back to the dealership that sold the contract and get your money back.

The dealership will probablyhave do it because the warranty company will refund what the dealer submitted and the dealer will have to pay the difference, essentially their commission.

Pay for the repair out-of-pocket and go visit the dealer.....
Old 01-09-2014, 07:49 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I would look into a reputable tuner to check your tune. Sounds like the tune is at fault if it is not a mechanical problem.

Where in Texas are you? DFW has some of the best tuners....LG and 21st Century would be my first choices.

LG did my work and it has been trouble free for 116,000 miles.
Good luck, we are pulling for you.

Get notified of new replies

To Head Ache

Quick Reply: Head Ache