C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 going to be produced for C6 w/Z51?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 going to be produced for C6 w/Z51?

Won't be very long till I need new tires for my C6 wZ/51. I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP on the car now. Anyone hear any rumours about if/when the Pilot Sport A/S 3 might be available for C6 w/Z51?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

It's been several months, but someone posted that he contacted Michelin and they told him the current A/S+ ZP was going to be the only version available for the C6 for the reasonable future.

If it makes any difference, it has also been posted that the A/S3 is improved mostly in the area of warm/dry performance, the snow/ice performance is said to be similar to the AS+ ZP.

We have summer (PS2 ZP) and winter (AS+ ZP) tires/wheels for our 2009, each does a very good job for its intended use.

In Alabama, do you need the cold/ice/snow performance of the A/S, or do you just like a tire that as smooth/quiet/relatively cheap, and lasts a long time?
The new Super Sport runflats for the C7 might be a good choice now if you don't need A/S.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 PM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Tide Will Roll!
Won't be very long till I need new tires for my C6 wZ/51. I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP on the car now. Anyone hear any rumours about if/when the Pilot Sport A/S 3 might be available for C6 w/Z51?
As opposed to a C6 wo/Z51? lol
Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
It's been several months, but someone posted that he contacted Michelin and they told him the current A/S+ ZP was going to be the only version available for the C6 for the reasonable future.

If it makes any difference, it has also been posted that the A/S3 is improved mostly in the area of warm/dry performance, the snow/ice performance is said to be similar to the AS+ ZP.

We have summer (PS2 ZP) and winter (AS+ ZP) tires/wheels for our 2009, each does a very good job for its intended use.

In Alabama, do you need the cold/ice/snow performance of the A/S, or do you just like a tire that as smooth/quiet/relatively cheap, and lasts a long time?
The new Super Sport runflats for the C7 might be a good choice now if you don't need A/S.

Thanks for helpful input.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Originally Posted by SK360
As opposed to a C6 wo/Z51? lol
Thanks for typical CF jerk wad input.

Get notified of new replies

To Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 going to be produced for C6 w/Z51?

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 going to be produced for C6 w/Z51?