C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:25 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by LouieM

Drive an 07
2005 here
Old 11-03-2014, 05:47 AM
FlyBono24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kellf190
I have ordered my next car and it is not from GM.
Yup! My wife has a BMW and it's not perfect, it has problems too... but when she takes it to a BMW Service Center they treat her and the car with respect, and they roll out the red carpet on most occasions.

When I bring my car in I have to ask around for 20 ****ing minutes until I can even find someone that works in the service dep't.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyBono24
Yup! My wife has a BMW and it's not perfect, it has problems too... but when she takes it to a BMW Service Center they treat her and the car with respect, and they roll out the red carpet on most occasions.

When I bring my car in I have to ask around for 20 ****ing minutes until I can even find someone that works in the service dep't.
Same story with our 2013 Camry, they (Toyota)are paying extremely good attention to their customers (at least our local dealer is) and get to know you on a first name basis, offer free shuttle rides also, maybe GM does too I don't know.
But having said that I had to take my MIL's Caddy in for oil service ($75 Mobil 1) and a few other little items last week, car was filthy from sitting under the carport so I asked for them to wash it, replied $12.95 service or the full wash $17.95 sir??? I declined and took it to the local car wash drive thru for $5.
Moral to the story
**** Toyota offers a free carwash every time in"**** Nice touch
NSF
Old 11-03-2014, 01:16 PM
ThunderWheels
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just started

My headlights just started failing a few days ago. Is GM taking care of this without giving you grief? The Chevy service rep on the forum said I have to pay. He didn't seem to be familiar with the issue.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:32 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Same story with our 2013 Camry, they (Toyota)are paying extremely good attention to their customers (at least our local dealer is) and get to know you on a first name basis, offer free shuttle rides also, maybe GM does too I don't know.
But having said that I had to take my MIL's Caddy in for oil service ($75 Mobil 1) and a few other little items last week, car was filthy from sitting under the carport so I asked for them to wash it, replied $12.95 service or the full wash $17.95 sir??? I declined and took it to the local car wash drive thru for $5.
Moral to the story
**** Toyota offers a free carwash every time in"**** Nice touch
NSF
The great thing about Toyota is that they are open on Saturdays, the service department so they make getting your car serviced so much easier and you don't need to take time away from work or your business on weekdays.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:40 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

I currently own two GM vehicles, both have active safety recalls and for both the dealers have no parts. My 06 C6 and a 07 Trailblazer. The Trailblazer can catch fire in the drivers door and they recommend not to park it inside a garage until it is fixed.
I just ordered my next vehicle and it is NOT made by GM!
Just curious which car did you order? Ford Mustang Which model?, Dodge Challenger? Which model?
or Porsche, Audi, Subaru, Nissan GTR, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Mazda Miata, KIA, Hyundai, Telsa? Will you stay in the sportscar/high performance category vehicles?
Japanese cars from what I understand cannot be ordered the way you would like your car to be equipped. I think you have to buy these cars off the lot. I have always ordered my cars in the past from the factory.

Last edited by LS WON; 11-03-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:52 PM
ThunderWheels
Racer

I am getting simply horrible service from the dealer and from GM customer service. Clearly, they don't want to fix this. Appears this will be a fix it yourself moment. Fella, I think I am done with GM. My Mercedes is not perfect, but I always get my service issues addressed and taken care of. Chevy is turning into a big joke.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:01 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ThunderWheels
I am getting simply horrible service from the dealer and from GM customer service. Clearly, they don't want to fix this. Appears this will be a fix it yourself moment. Fella, I think I am done with GM. My Mercedes is not perfect, but I always get my service issues addressed and taken care of. Chevy is turning into a big joke.
Well if you are done with the Corvette what other car is there?
Perhaps you might have to take it to a speciality tuner or Corvette shop.

What will you replace the Corvette with?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM
ThunderWheels
Racer

Originally Posted by LS WON
What will you replace the Corvette with?
I like my Mercedes so I may do a second one or save my pennies and GTR it if I just can't live without a race car. Plenty of choices out there. Point is, I was considering the C7 but now I have so many doubts. And I have no garage queen, so the car has to hold up. I got wires fraying all over the place.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:13 PM
kellf190
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious which car did you order? Ford Mustang Which model?, Dodge Challenger? Which model?
or Porsche, Audi, Subaru, Nissan GTR, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Mazda Miata, KIA, Hyundai, Telsa? Will you stay in the sportscar/high performance category vehicles?
Japanese cars from what I understand cannot be ordered the way you would like your car to be equipped. I think you have to buy these cars off the lot. I have always ordered my cars in the past from the factory.
Porsche
Old 11-04-2014, 12:44 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ThunderWheels
I like my Mercedes so I may do a second one or save my pennies and GTR it if I just can't live without a race car. Plenty of choices out there. Point is, I was considering the C7 but now I have so many doubts. And I have no garage queen, so the car has to hold up. I got wires fraying all over the place.
A Mercedes that's a pretty expensive car and expensive to maintain. I don't think it is even in the performance category. But do let us know how it turns up. You will pay more but you should get more and hopefully better service. I like my C-6 as it has more room in it than the C-7 and doesn't have a bad blind spot.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:47 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Porsche
Now with Porsche I hope they give you the red carpet treatment because you are paying alot of $$$ for that car and parts and service to maintain that car will be up there. You will definitely pay more for Porsche performance to meet Corvette performance in the numbers. Good Luck but keep us in touch here on your new purchase. We all share the same love for high performance machines.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:06 AM
FlyBono24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at the BMW M4 or a used Porsche 911s...

Definitely NOT a C7... they are already having issues and I'm not giving GM any more of my money.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:46 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FlyBono24
I'm looking at the BMW M4 or a used Porsche 911s...

Definitely NOT a C7... they are already having issues and I'm not giving GM any more of my money.
What are the issues?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:54 AM
ThunderWheels
Racer

What are the issues?
The forum has a host of issues listed. Pick one!!! My E320 has not been without issue although less issues than my Vette. But this is about service and customer care. That comes in very short supply dealing with Chevy dealers.

And call me crazy but headlights going out is a really serious issue you would think they want to resolve.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:29 PM
dwa175
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recall

old corvette is wright recall is not ready yet no parts for cure will keep update no fun when no headlight dwa175
Old 11-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Jayhawk62
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Watson Chevrolet (where I purchased the Vette) is not responding to email (& chat said she would tell service of my inquiry) so I take it they sell it and that is it......Oracle Ford is much better at customer relations IF you like that brand. Watson is at the Auto Mall in Tucson, AZ

Get notified of new replies

To * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Old 11-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

GM trying to get out of recall responsibility for cars prior to 2009 bailout.

Great company plan, very endearing.

The C6 is the only GM car I will and have ever purchased, an I am 66 yrs. young.

Why GM keeps on making poor customer relation moves is beyond me.

Oh wait ...... I know the stockholders would rise up in a fit and oust the leadership heads.

The Story:

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2099905...ankruptcy-cars

Last edited by Boomer111; 11-06-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

After the last GM I purchased I swore to never buy another Chevy, that was 1996, I kept my promise but weakened when I bought the 2011 G.S about 5 weeks ago. I am too old for boats, hot rods and muscle cars so I thought the Vette was a nice choice for a fun time ride**** Was I wrong???????
So far everything seems very good as everything works no problems, but when I read that HEADLIGHTS DONT WORK AND THEY WONT FIX/OR CANT FIX THEM IT DISTURBS ME GREATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NSF
Old 11-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

As it should.

Let me make one thing clear, I voided my power train warranty in the first 800 miles. This was my choice and I am cool with it.

BUT having a headlight issue from poor design is another thing altogether, and I really do not care how old the car is. A faulty poor dangerous design is just that and should be rectified by the manufacture regardless of the age. They sold and designed something that could cost lives from just normal law biding non vehicle involvement.

Like I said I carry the vioided warranty issue with no hesitation but this issue we are discussing is something else.

Crazy world we live in now, and I am not so sure it is any better than out parents.

Quick Reply: * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *