C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

novistretch mask

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 PM
vettenlady
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default novistretch mask

We are planning our trip to NCM in August for the caravan then and are driving from Montana.
I was told about a "Novistretch Mask for the front and mirrors that is mesh or see-thru but don't know if it is worth it or not. I know it will keep bugs off the paint but anything else?
They say production is starting mid-June but I know of a couple that have one very similar, and really like it as its easy to put on and take off.
I am interested in this one because it covers the whole front end from hood to under the grill.
Yes it covers the grill but they say it does not stop air circulation. My grill is not applicable to ones that clip into it.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Don't know about the mask, you might call your GM Dealer, their masks (bra) have a great fit.

See you there...maybe? The wife and I are going also.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:32 AM
GL10DR
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenlady
We are planning our trip to NCM in August for the caravan then and are driving from Montana.
I was told about a "Novistretch Mask for the front and mirrors that is mesh or see-thru but don't know if it is worth it or not. I know it will keep bugs off the paint but anything else?
They say production is starting mid-June but I know of a couple that have one very similar, and really like it as its easy to put on and take off.
I am interested in this one because it covers the whole front end from hood to under the grill.
Yes it covers the grill but they say it does not stop air circulation. My grill is not applicable to ones that clip into it.
Does anyone have any info on this?

The venders that I see that carry this say in production now with shipping June 16, looks like you could order and get it before Aug depending on how many are currently waiting for one.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1...5-2013-c6.aspx

I plan on meeting the NWCC in Missoula after visiting my mom for a few days.

there!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
duplantisjj
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just took my GS up to Northeastern Montana and back and ended up sticking my stretch bra in a plastic during a heavy downpour. Mine wasn't the Novistretch (which seems really thin) but I definitely experienced circulation issues when it was wet and also the engine got warm in bumper to bumper traffic. I did run normal temp while dry cruising on the interstate with the stretch bra on. Here's a photo of the one I used. It's much thicker than the Novistretch. You may have better luck with thinner fabric. Others here have not experienced the circulation issues with these bras, so it may be brand related. I got mine from Ebay...

Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 PM
vettenlady
Racer

I realize that no one has tried this particular one because of its just being produced, so I just don't know whether its worth it or not, just to keep bugs off the paint. It will spoil the looks of her being black and she is red. I wish they would make them in different colors. Then I probably would go ahead and get one.
And I also wonder if they would deter sand and small rocks besides bugs. As for heating up, as you say, it is thinner than yours.
Thanks for the input, you all and hope to see you there in Missoula.
What to do!

Last edited by vettenlady; 06-11-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I found this, but, yes it is black, and it look like the other one. It off the forum store for a good price. I understand you concern over great looks. Good Luck with your hunt.

http://store.corvetteforum.com/p-266...5-2013-c6.aspx
Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 PM
garye
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '21

I bought one, poor instructions # 8 & 9 especially. Photo copy of pictures for hook ups too dark to see, under hood installation impossible, corners of the bra are going to tear with the way it fits. I’m about to take mine off, can’t find where to hook up under the hood
Old 06-20-2014, 07:26 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 728 Likes on 463 Posts

I have one of the stretch bras in silver and it works great. I knew about the circulation problems ahead of time because my buddy's car overheated bad BUT his was solid like the one in Boxcar's pic. Mine is open around the grill. So even wet, there's no issue with it getting clogged up. I've used it, washed it, used it again etc, etc. and still works like a charm.
Look for one for a Z06 or ZR1 to get the open mouth. Mine is just like this one but silver: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Nose-Stretch-Mask-EZ-E-Fit-Z06-ZR1-GS-/251353514892?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorvette&hash=item3a85d6438c&vxp=mtr
Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 924 Likes on 467 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

I have had the Stretch Mask made by C5 Creations on both our C5 and now our C6 Grand Sport. You can buy them at West Coast Corvettes, NCM Store, Mid-America, etc. The one on the GS is the "open mouth" style so I can't comment on the over-heating issue, but I would think that is only in wet conditions. They (C5 Creations) do say to remove the mask when raining. They are great for bugs and small pebbles, sand, etc.

See you in Montana! 62 days, 13 hours until the PNW Caravan leaves!

Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM
jsz31
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Novistretch

Originally Posted by vettenlady
I realize that no one has tried this particular one because of its just being produced, so I just don't know whether its worth it or not, just to keep bugs off the paint. It will spoil the looks of her being black and she is red. I wish they would make them in different colors. Then I probably would go ahead and get one.
And I also wonder if they would deter sand and small rocks besides bugs. As for heating up, as you say, it is thinner than yours.
Thanks for the input, you all and hope to see you there in Missoula.
What to do!
a friend bought one last time at museum and loves it ,it is on a 2013 ,and had no issues with it, he has had the others on other vettes but says the breathing is so much better and fit is also much better
Old 07-24-2014, 11:18 PM
idaband
Racer

Going down to ncm in October. sounds like a pain if I have to remove every time it rains... hmm. But would be nice to avoid bugs and let stones take less paint off.

Get notified of new replies

To novistretch mask

Quick Reply: novistretch mask