C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Intake help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Sevitz5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Intake help

I have read on here that the LS2 intakes had problems with flow vs. the LS6 and the LS3. My question is what are my options on intakes that will bolt on? I dont want to spend the money on a Fast, I believe the fuel rails and injectors are different on the LS6, and I believe the LS3 has square ports......am I correct? So.....what will help me? Thanks guys.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:44 PM
byte_me
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevitz5
I have read on here that the LS2 intakes had problems with flow vs. the LS6 and the LS3. My question is what are my options on intakes that will bolt on? I dont want to spend the money on a Fast, I believe the fuel rails and injectors are different on the LS6, and I believe the LS3 has square ports......am I correct? So.....what will help me? Thanks guys.
Yes- in stock form, the LS2 intakes are anemic at best. I have an 05, and basically have come to the following conclusion: 1. buy a FAST and leave it un-ported (moderate HP gains) 2. buy a FAST and have it ported (increased gains Over stock or un-ported) or 3. Port your stock intake (marginal gains over stock, less than FAST).

...and that's pretty much it. Most will tell you that the intake alone will be better suited with a set of long tube headers, more air in, more air out...and don't forget about a proper tune to get it dialed in...

The LS3 intake will not work on your LS2 due to the port difference as you mentioned. LS2 has a cathedral port design (like LS1/6) whereas the LS3 is more square. Your options are port your stock intake, or buy a FAST for your LS2.

Last edited by byte_me; 10-13-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: LS2 Intake help